• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Free Time Shares Multiple Red Week Destination RCI Points

ambrosij

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello TUG it's been a loong time since eIve been around. I have five time shares I'd like to make available to the community. It got to the point where we had millions of RCI points and realistically never any time to travel - so it's time to say goodbye to the timeshares, and at the time when I bought them they were the absolute best value for RCI points - I'm not sure what they provide now but I know I get about 350k points a year between all of them.

Vacation Village @ Parkway
Tri-Annual Maintenance Fee (Every 3 Years)
2BR

Maintenance fees all paid up.
$826 (paid every 3 years)

The Grandview at Las Vegas
BiAnnual Even
2BR
$208.75 (paid every year)

Tree Tops Resort - Gatlinburg
July deeded week
2 BR
$570 (paid every year)

Sheraton Vistana Orlando
April deeded week - Spring Break
2BR
$870 (paid every year)

BarefootN Resort (Diamond International)
Week 38 Ruby
Odd Years
2BR
$806 (paid every year)

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
You probably should try and figure out how many points each unit gets. At least some of these have seasons that determine the points value, so its basically impossible for a potential new owner to figure it out independently.

Limace

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC-Grand Californian
DVC-Animal Kingdom Kidani
What is the trading value of the Grandview? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
The Tree Tops interval is a gem. If I didn't own more weeks than I have vacation time, I would jump on it. I own two float weeks there, but the fixed summer weeks are in especially high demand. Many owners use their weeks, even in the off season. The resort was heavily damaged a few years ago in the Gatlinburg wildfires, but after a rebuild with no special assessments or big maintenance fee increase, is practically a brand new resort. We've owned there since the 90s and the maintenance fees have been very modest.

Gatlinburg was booming all year even with the pandemic. Since it is in driving distance to so much of the eastern US, a lot of tourists avoiding flying decided to vacation here.

Sheila

ambrosij

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Tree Tops interval is a gem. If I didn't own more weeks than I have vacation time, I would jump on it. I own two float weeks there, but the fixed summer weeks are in especially high demand. Many owners use their weeks, even in the off season. The resort was heavily damaged a few years ago in the Gatlinburg wildfires, but after a rebuild with no special assessments or big maintenance fee increase, is practically a brand new resort. We've owned there since the 90s and the maintenance fees have been very modest.

Gatlinburg was booming all year even with the pandemic. Since it is in driving distance to so much of the eastern US, a lot of tourists avoiding flying decided to vacation here.

Sheila
Yes the unit is a great points value as well, I think it's like a 70k points deposit.

sfwilshire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
Yes the unit is a great points value as well, I think it's like a 70k points deposit.
I never converted my weeks to RCI Points because Tree Tops wanted a substantial fee to do that back when I looked at it. Instead, I converted my two Vistana weeks, which cost me next to nothing. Let me know if you find out what the conversion fee is these days.

Sheila

sfwilshire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hmm I'm really not sure. It's a two level unit so I'm thinking probably not.

That sounds like a Tree Loft unit. They are especially in high demand. They were burned and are completely rebuilt now. I don't recall the layout, since I only visited one once years ago (even though I own one) but I believe they have a downstairs master. Call the nice folks at Tree Tops. They'd be happy to advise. I know they added elevators to some of the multi-floor buildings during the rebuild.

Sheila

mattymommy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC
What week in July is Tree Tops? I am interested. Thanks!

ambrosij

TUG Member
Reaction score
I never converted my weeks to RCI Points because Tree Tops wanted a substantial fee to do that back when I looked at it. Instead, I converted my two Vistana weeks, which cost me next to nothing. Let me know if you find out what the conversion fee is these days.

Sheila

They are already points.

ambrosij

TUG Member
Reaction score
That sounds like a Tree Loft unit. They are especially in high demand. They were burned and are completely rebuilt now. I don't recall the layout, since I only visited one once years ago (even though I own one) but I believe they have a downstairs master. Call the nice folks at Tree Tops. They'd be happy to advise. I know they added elevators to some of the multi-floor buildings during the rebuild.

Sheila

It is a tree loft unit.

sfwilshire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
They are already points.

Does the week transfer as Points? I know early on some of the resorts were saying that only the underlying week transferred and a new owner would have to pay the conversion fee again. I have no knowledge of how Tree Tops handles this.

Sheila

kvp

TUG Member
Reaction score
How many points for The Grandview at Las Vegas?
BiAnnual Even
2BR
$208.75 (paid every year)

intoran

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard from OP? I had some correspondence going a week ago but haven’t heard anything since then.

Thanks!

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Is tree top still available?
Send the OP a private message by simply clicking on his username. That will generate an email to the OP.

intoran

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just FYI I’ve done that and discussed taking over treetops with them over a month ago. Just waiting on the OP at this point.