• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Free shuttle to Royal Haciendas

Paumavista

TUG Member
Reaction score
We'll be at the Royal Mayan and would like to check out the Haciendas....but I don't see a free shuttle....does anyone know? I think it might be fun to check out the resort and spend the day there.

In fact if there is a shuttle I'd like to check out Playa del Carmen and maybe get bus transportation from Playa del Carmen to Tulum or Akumal (which seems pretty easy/cheap) If we can cut down on the buses by taking a shuttle half way....from Cancun to Playa del Carmen it would be much more cost affective....maybe take the shuttle/bus to Tulum in the morning and spend the day back at the Haciendas sounds nice.

Does anyone know if this would be possible?

If there is NO shuttle has anyone rented a driver for the day....to simply take us where we'd like....my husband does not want to drive in Mexico, but a tour for 2 price seems $$high and I've already kinda decided where I want to go. THANKS, Judy

ada903

TUG Member
Reaction score
Unless something changed, the free shuttles only go between the Cancun Royals, but not to Haciendas. They will take you for free to Haciendas if you attend their presentation there, but then you are tied to their bus schedule...

sdbrier

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is no specific free shuttle, but the sales team is always taking people down to "look" at the resort. If you contact your concierge or salesman, I'm sure they would accommodate you. We have done that very thing and spent the whole day.

BoaterMike

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Caribbean, Royal Haciendas, Marriott Grand Chateau,
In fact if there is a shuttle I'd like to check out Playa del Carmen and maybe get bus transportation from Playa del Carmen to Tulum or Akumal (which seems pretty easy/cheap) If we can cut down on the buses by taking a shuttle half way....from Cancun to Playa del Carmen it would be much more cost affective....maybe take the shuttle/bus to Tulum in the morning and spend the day back at the Haciendas sounds nice.

Does anyone know if this would be possible?

THANKS, Judy

If you have a car, you would have a little more flexibility and control over your time and transportation. You could do it with the public bus, but the public bus does not stop at the RH. I would not want to cut my time too short at either place. I would hit one or the other and spend some extra time relaxing. Just my opinion.

Mike

alfie

TUG Member
Reaction score
You are trying to do too much in one day..take the free ride to the Haciendias from the Royals one day, and look it over, then perhaps the next day, take the ADO bus from downtown Cancun to Playa. From Playa you can take another bus to Tulum. The ADO bus is cheap, perhaps 2 or 3 dollars to Playa and another 3 to Tulum...but, there is so much to see I would suggest a day in Playa and another in Tulum, at least. Explore, eat, drink...the Tulum beaches and ruins are amazing.

Paumavista

TUG Member
Reaction score
How is the presentation?

So assuming I have to agree to attend a presentation in order to get the free shuttle down to the Haciendas....do I get anything in addition to free transportation.....maybe lunch?? I read that you can take kayaks out...anything else special at the resort compared to the other Royals?

And how is the "presentation"? We just attended the one at the Marriott Oceana Palms and it was really fine.....we booked first thing in the morning and were back upstairs within the 90 minutes promised with our "gift" (before the kids even finished breakfast).

If the "presentation" is ok and not too long maybe it's worth it......any opinions??

Thanks

Paumavista

TUG Member
Reaction score
Public Bus to Playa

If I don't do the "presentation" at RH and take the bus to Playa....can I get to RH by taking a taxi from Playa for a couple dollars and could I then spend the day using the RH facilities since I'm staying at the Royal Mayan?

Thanks for all the info!

BoaterMike

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Caribbean, Royal Haciendas, Marriott Grand Chateau,
If I don't do the "presentation" at RH and take the bus to Playa....can I get to RH by taking a taxi from Playa for a couple dollars and could I then spend the day using the RH facilities since I'm staying at the Royal Mayan?

Thanks for all the info!

Taxi will be about $10 each way from Playa to the RH. At least it was last time we traveled. There is a free shuttle that runs back and forth from Playa, but it goes to one stop only and runs a somewhat limited schedule.

If you just want to go to the RH to check it out, you probably should just sign up to do the trip and presentation. You should get a meal and still have time to enjoy the beach and pools. The presentations are usually an hour to 90 minutes. They do not give you a hard-sell. The Cancun to RH shuttles with tour/presentation only go on certain days, so check the schedule early in the week.

Mike

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Presentation is no problem - pleasant walk around the resort, lunch/brunch either there or at the Royal Sands before you go. The staff understand the meaning of the words "no thanks". Then enjoy the rest of the day at the Haciendas - free snorkel equipment, free towels, etc, with your keycard from The Royal Mayan.

Nicest way to do Tulum is with a private van from Entertainment Plus or Thomas More; you are on your own time, your driver will also be a guide, and you can combine with snorkeling at Akumal or another nearby place. The price is per day, not per person - so if you have four or more people, it breaks down pretty well.

IuLiKa

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does the Ado bus from Play stops in Cancun? or you have to go to the airport or downtown?

I am looking for transportation from Royal Haciendas to cancun. Thx J

post-it

TUG Member
Reaction score
Alright, Im confused on this. I thought if staying at any Royals you can use the Hacienda fo the day. Does this mean you can but no shuttle?

Carta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Alright, Im confused on this. I thought if staying at any Royals you can use the Hacienda fo the day. Does this mean you can but no shuttle?

Shuttle is free for Royals in Cancun...Hacienda is in Playa del Carmen..

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

Yes, you can use any Royal Resort, including the Haciendas.

No FREE shuttle, but there is a Royal Resort shuttle bus that goes in the AM and PM - not sure how often.

And if you ask for a tour....then they'll take you and return you for free.