• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

EurekaSally

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Diamond Resorts ~ Ridge on Sedona
PLEASE !!! I need to gift [or $1.00 sale] my timeshare to You!
The Owner's Association fees including maintenance and property tax and reserve funds will be $420.01 for 2017 and due before January 12th. The Club Membership dues were just billed at $318.xx. It is a Diamond Resorts International Property.

The home base for this Unit is The Ridge on Sedona Golf Resort in Sedona, AZ. This golf resort is one of the most beautiful courses in the US. It also ranks among the top 10. The weather is perfect year round. You can choose any week of your choice any time of the year during odd numbered years. The appealing factor to me was the versatile usage of 3,500 Points per year at ANY Diamond Resorts International Property. I have 7,000 points available NOW for booking.
I purchased this for $10,000 in 1997 for my son who is no longer interested in inheriting it. We cannot make use of it nor continue to pay the fees. It is paid to date, never late, never financed. But, sad to say, this will change come January 11th.
Advice I see recommends closings be handled by JRA Services OR Chicago Title Company. They are the “go to experts” for this sort of purchase. Either party may contact them to set the purchase in motion. They will handle all transactions. No need to travel anywhere to purchase this condo. You will receive a deed to confirm your ownership at the time of closing.
My name is Sally Utley and my phone number is [phone number redacted] and I look forward to transferring this property to you!

***To contact Sally, please click on her blue user name, and then the "START A CONVERSATION" link.

Last edited by a moderator:

EurekaSally

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
but how do I edit?

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

EurekaSally

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for the input. I did email DRI requesting Deedback, and am waiting for response both there and here! I will have to pay and thought I would rather pay to help someone take this over than give more to DRI. I don't fully understand THE Club part. It seems I should just stop paying that portion [and somehow cancel or default?] if you are saying I can't transfer it to a buyer. And I guess DRI will not negotiate with me about it at all if it is a separate "entity". There will be no usefulness to it. I have read about others preferring not to have Club part and it costing them less to get those benefits another way.

EurekaSally

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here is my update ~ five business days after my email, I received a reply from Diamond: "Therefore, after review of the clients' account, Diamond has approved the clients' request to voluntarily surrender their ownership for relinquishment for a $250.00 administrative/ transfer fee". Paperwork [60 days] is to come from a title company. Of course I did not request to Pay any fees! Since it is argued that foreclosure will cost and hurt them ~ I wonder if anyone has managed to get this Fee waived? If I end up paying ~ I would rather pay to transfer it to people who will use it but no one has offered to buy for $1. The company has taken roughly $20,000 out of me over 20 years of non-use; sad to have them profit even more.

R.J.C.

unconfirmed
Reaction score
I have never heard of anyone being successful in not paying the transfer fee. Most people are just happy to get rid of their contracts without being scammed. If you want out and they approved the surrender, I would pay the fee and know that you will be free and clear of the property you know longer desire.

EurekaSally

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am wondering what "Collection" my TS at The Ridge on Sedona is a part of. Can anyone answer that or tell me where to find the answer? A person is asking me which resort properties that could make reservations at if The Club membership is no longer a part of this TS.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I am wondering what "Collection" my TS at The Ridge on Sedona is a part of. Can anyone answer that or tell me where to find the answer? A person is asking me which resort properties that could make reservations at if The Club membership is no longer a part of this TS.

It looks like its in the US collection. I just stayed there last week, nice resort and great location.

http://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/sold-free-11-000-points-dri-us-collection.193340/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1st Class

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's a shame you can't use this. We've stayed there too and enjoyed the resort and location. The US Collection noted above contains some gems! Frankly, I'm surprised there hasn't been more interest in this ownership.

EurekaSally

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I see listings for Points for Sale.... how does this work? And yet it is said that one cannot resell their Club Membership, which is what the points come from, no? Can I sell my Points and not my TS? If someone buys my TS and does not get the Club then can they buy points elsewhere and use my TS the way I do now having Club as part of it?

EurekaSally

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What size unit is this?
One bedroom, fixed unit, floating week [deed says #21 Red Season], odd years ...but... I think I am learning that I cannot sell the Club membership that has my saved points and all the flexibility of use. That means it could be used at the Ridge only.

1st Class

TUG Member
Reaction score
One bedroom, fixed unit, floating week [deed says #21 Red Season], odd years ...but... I think I am learning that I cannot sell the Club membership that has my saved points and all the flexibility of use. That means it could be used at the Ridge only.

I'm not a DRI owner, but after hunting around a bit found this in the DRI sticky:

-Own resale points in a DRI "COLLECTION" of resorts. ( sometime called "trust" points)
Resale owners of the Collection points are allowed to use their Collection points to reserve time at any of the resorts in the resort collection of which they own. But not at any other Diamond resorts. ( to use the collection pts at other diamond resorts, you must have purchased the points directly from Diamond)

There are NINE different resort collections which have a "Collection"

Diamond manages nine collections: (as of May 2016)

• the Diamond Resorts U.S. Collection
• the Diamond Resorts Hawaii Collection
• the Diamond Resorts California Collection
• the Premiere Vacation Collection
• the Monarch Grand Vacations
• the Diamond Resorts European Collection
• the Diamond Resorts Latin America Collection
• the Diamond Resorts Mediterranean Collection
• Club Intrawest (AKA Embarc by DRI)

** see the next post for which resorts are in which collection (some are in more than one)

Here is the link to the DRI sticky which explains a bit more about ownership and usage. Maybe this will help you sort out what you have.