• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Free re-saving of points for international owners

BingoBangoBongo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Elara, Kings Land, Valdoro Mountain, the District
I guess I wasn't clear. I am a HCNY owner, not an international owner, so this deal is applicable to HCNY and Residences members as well.

Does the letter use the same same reference in the second sentence to "International Owners"?

Intheknow

Reaction score
Yes, this applies to members residing outside the United States and Owners of The Residences and the Hilton Club New York.

Nomad420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC New York Mid Town
Yes, this applies to members residing outside the United States and Owners of The Residences and the Hilton Club New York.
Well if this is correct that members residing outside the United States AND Owners of The Residences and the Hilton Club then this is indeed great news. However, as an owner at HCNY I have yet to receive the above email or for that matter any correspondence from HGVC stating this. I may call to confirm but as many know it can be a pain getting through to agents these days.

Intheknow

Reaction score
Well if this is correct that members residing outside the United States AND Owners of The Residences and the Hilton Club then this is indeed great news. However, as an owner at HCNY I have yet to receive the above email or for that matter any correspondence from HGVC stating this. I may call to confirm but as many know it can be a pain getting through to agents these days.
Check your spam file, it may be there. If not, let them know by sending email to input@hgvc.com.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well if this is correct that members residing outside the United States AND Owners of The Residences and the Hilton Club then this is indeed great news.

On, sorry, it's one OR the other. If you're both, you don't get it. :D

Cheers.

Nomad420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC New York Mid Town
Check your spam file, it may be there. If not, let them know by sending email to input@hgvc.com.
Yeah, it was berried in my spam folder, came a couple of hours ago. Great news but I sort of figured they were going to have to do that. As of now even the Oct. 1st opening seems unlikely. While I would like to stay at my property as I noted I did take the rebooking deal at the Quinn and hopefully be able to stay next year at HCNY. In the now nearly six years of ownership I have stayed only once at my property, depressing to say the least.

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Some people consider New York to be an International location. I know I do. And I'm from NYC :)

Cheers.

I finally understand you BRP. It all finally makes sense now, all your answers and previous postings! LOL, J/K!!! :)

Last edited:

KathyA

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does the letter use the same same reference in the second sentence to "International Owners"?
No. Okay, here is the exact letter we received:
Dear HGV Club Members,

I hope this letter finds you and your loved ones in good health. As you are aware, Park Hotel & Resorts Inc. temporarily suspended operations at the New York Hilton Midtown on March 16, 2020. Because Park Hotels is the majority member of the condominium in which both the hotel and our timeshare project are located, and provides (via its hotel manager) onsite services to our timeshare project, we've been unable to resume operations as Park Hotels has delayed opening the building and the hotel. We understand this inconvenience to your travel plans and, today, I am happy to share additional steps HGV is implementing for you.

If you have remaining Saved Points in your account, we will automatically resave them at no cost:

• The Points will appear as Reserved Points and can be used through December 31, 2023.
  • Points will be resaved on September 30, 2021. We will notify you once we complete the transaction.

If you have unused current-year 2021 ClubPoints, we will automatically save them at no cost:

• These Points will appear as Saved Points and can be used through December 31, 2022.
  • Points will be saved on December 1, 2021. We will notify you once we complete the transaction.
  • If you already saved your 2021 ClubPoints, we will process a refund on September 30, 2021. Please allow up to 10 business days for the refund to process.
  • If you wish to save your Points before December 1, 2021, you may do so online on the HGV Club website at my.hgv.com/club. You will NOT be charged for the transaction.

The table below summarizes the different types of transactions you can enjoy with both Reserved Points and Saved Points:​

Points Table
Points Table

Please note that if you cancel an existing 2021 reservation made with Saved Points or current-year ClubPoints, refunded Points will follow the same process described above.

Since Park Hotels first temporarily suspended operations in 2020, you've had the opportunity to book into your Home Resort based on the projected opening date Park Hotels has given us. As that date has continued to change, we've accommodated your reservation(s) at one of the other HGV properties in New York City, allowing you to continue with your travel plans. We anticipate continuing this process until the hotel and building reopens.

Due to availability and/or certain Owners Lounges being restricted to Home Resort Owners by their associations, you have not had access to the Owners Lounge at the properties where your reservations have been relocated. As a result, you have been given food vouchers or Bonus Points and we will continue doing so unless and until access to such lounges can be provided. We are currently working with our New York resort teams and correlating associations (where applicable) to see if we can provide Owners Lounge access at The Quin by Hilton Club or The Central at 5th by Hilton Club.

HGV understands you may have questions about how the closure impacts your 2022 assessment billing and any surplus from the property's closure in 2021. This is a decision your board of directors will address when they approve the 2022 budget and maintenance fees. Like last year, the board will evaluate the year-to-date surplus and communicate their decision in the annual billing letter.

For additional information about the different types of Points and how to use them, visit my.hgv.com/points. If you have questions about the different types of reservation windows, visit Club Navigator at my.hgv.com/club-navigator or read the 2021 Club Reference guide at my.hgv.com/club-reference-2021.

We hope this delivers more opportunities to travel with Hilton Grand Vacations.​
All the best,​
Stan Soroka Signature
Stan Soroka
EVP & Chief Customer Officer
Hilton Grand Vacations​

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Are they autosaving to RCI for NON-International/Non-NYC?

Or do we have to pay for that privilege too?

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are they autosaving to RCI for NON-International/Non-NYC?

Or do we have to pay for that privilege too?
Normally you pay a fee to make a deposit to RCI unless you book something at RCI and have them draw the points afterwards.

Nomad420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC New York Mid Town
Seems to be an issue with me but I did not receive the above email from HGVC Stan Soroka. Maybe a stupid question but what is the difference between Home Club Reservations and Club Reservations? FWIW, yes I have called and confirmed they have my accurate contact information. Maybe it is going into a spam folder, it wouldn't be the first time.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Seems to be an issue with me but I did not receive the above email from HGVC Stan Soroka. Maybe a stupid question but what is the difference between Home Club Reservations and Club Reservations? FWIW, yes I have called and confirmed they have my accurate contact information. Maybe it is going into a spam folder, it wouldn't be the first time.

I think that the distinction is between "Home Week" and "Club" reservations. The first requires a week in the specific unit you have. The second does not.

Cheers.

veganpie

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV at Tuscany Village
December 31, 2023 is very generous, good for you