• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Free re-saving of points for international owners

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just received this mail from HGV.

Dear HGV Club Members,
I hope this letter finds you and your loved ones in good health. While the majority of Hilton Grand Vacations properties are open, many of our international Club Members have been unable to fully use their ClubPoints in 2021 due to government travel restrictions. As one of these Members, you have waited patiently for a solution and, today, I’m happy to share the good news.
If you have remaining Saved Points in your account, we will automatically resave them at no cost:
  • The Points will appear as Reserved Pointsand can be used through December 31, 2023.
  • Points will be resaved on September 30, 2021. We will notify you once we complete the transaction.
If you have unused current-year 2021 ClubPoints, we will automatically save them at no cost:
  • These Points will appear as Saved Pointsand can be used through December 31, 2022.
  • Points will be saved on December 1, 2021. We will notify you once we complete the transaction.
  • If you already saved your 2021 ClubPoints, we will process a refund on September 30, 2021. Please allow up to 10 business days for the refund to process.
  • If you wish to save your Points before December 1, 2021, you may do so online on the HGV Club website at my.hgv.com/club. You will NOT be charged for the transaction.
The table below summarizes the different types of transactions you can enjoy with both Reserved Points and Saved Points:​

Please note that if you cancel an existing 2021 reservation made with Saved Points or current-year ClubPoints, refunded Points will follow the same process described above.
For additional information about the different types of Points and how to use them, visit my.hgv.com/points. If you have questions about the different types of reservation windows, visit Club Navigator at my.hgv.com/club-navigator or read the 2021 Club Reference guide at my.hgv.com/club-reference-2021.
We hope this delivers more opportunities to travel with Hilton Grand Vacations.​
All the best,​
Stan Soroka Signature
Stan Soroka
EVP & Chief Customer Officer
Hilton Grand Vacations​

BingoBangoBongo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Elara, Kings Land, Valdoro Mountain, the District
Appears to apply to “international“ Club members.

BingoBangoBongo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Not sure if you can still edit the thread title, but I didn’t want anyone to miss that and assume they’re ok.

Nomad420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC New York Mid Town
This is indeed good news, let's see if they extend this now to HCNY and Residence owners as has been rumored.

Last edited:

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
I just got the same email this morning. This is great news for those of us who live outside the USA! HGVC has really thought about its customers throughout the pandemic. I have been very impressed. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Now if the US/Canada land border is not opened to Canadians on September 21st, and we have to cancel our month of reservations for November in Florida and SC, we at least don't have to transfer them to RCI. We still look forward to the day when we can once again travel to the US in our own car, but this takes all the pressure off about how to use all the points we have accumulated and been unable to use.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I have the family account and I live in US, they live in Canada. Frustrating, as I am not being offered the same benefit.

I need to redeed anyway to remove my ex-husband. What other ramifications for having address Canadian based, other than Membership fee. What is the International vs US based fee anyway?

Last edited:

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I just got the same email this morning. This is great news for those of us who live outside the USA! HGVC has really thought about its customers throughout the pandemic. I have been very impressed. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
I agree, I think that HGV is trying to do its best for it owners.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah don't fall into that category unfortunately.
I can’t remember if HCNY or the residence is open yet, if not you will most likely be reimbursed your MF.

btw didn’t they do it like that for 2020 MF?

Nomad420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC New York Mid Town
I can’t remember if HCNY or the residence is open yet, if not you will most likely be reimbursed your MF.

btw didn’t they do it like that for 2020 MF?
No definitely not open, closed for 18 months now. Check out the HCNY update thread. Called to see if they would give us the same deal they just announced for international owners a couple weeks back and got "that decision has not been made yet". 2021 opening date has been a moving target since last June. I have made and cancelled reservations here now 3 times now. As I noted on the other thread I did decide to take the "deal" they offered me at the Quinn just to burn some points as I don't know what the deal is going to be on carrying points into next yet. BTW, thanks to other TUG members who gave me info on the Quinn, it helped me decide to try it.
MF's were indeed paid last year and will again be billed this year. The argument has been that they paid staff health insurance (good I don't mind) through the pandemic, have to maintain the property (all be it at a lower level), also required security shared with the remainder of the building.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
I’m just hoping for a reduced rate to save points. We normally go to Vegas in October but opted out after watch8 g the crowds last year. I’ll save my points but I’m holding out for a rate less than $119

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m just hoping for a reduced rate to save points. We normally go to Vegas in October but opted out after watch8 g the crowds last year. I’ll save my points but I’m holding out for a rate less than $119

If they do this, they'll presumably offer a rebate of the difference to those who have already paid to Save, just like last year when it was a full refund.

if it's only for International, though, that still seems quite reasonable.

Cheers.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
The membership fee is based on the resort location not the owners residential location.
I was going to question this statement but then I see your location. Maybe it is different for Canadians. I know that I don't pay international rates for my non-USA property.

BingoBangoBongo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This is from the 2021 Club Rules:

24 | HILTON GRAND VACATIONS CLUB RULES
Hilton Grand Vacations Club 2021 Fee Schedule
Effective January 2021
Each membership account shall be liable for one annual Club Dues expense. Annual Club Dues are $186 per membership account for Club Members residing in the U.S. or Canada and $219 (¥24,759) for Members residing outside the U.S. or Canada.
Owners at The Central at 5th by Hilton Club, West 57th Street by Hilton Club, The Residences by Hilton Club, Liberty Place Charleston by Hilton Club, La Pacifica Los Cabos by Hilton Club, The District by Hilton Club and The Quin by Hilton Club can pay “Inclusive Club Dues” that includes annual Club Dues, plus unlimited Home Resort Priority, by Hilton Club Priority, and Club reservation fees priced at $99 or less. Inclusive Club Dues give Owners of these resorts the opportunity to book Club reservations for free. Inclusive Annual Dues are $313 for Members residing in the U.S. or Canada and $338 for Members residing outside the U.S. or Canada.
Certain reservations and transactions require a fee per reservation/transaction.

Nomad420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC New York Mid Town
Got the exact same letter today. I am a HCNY owner.
But I see you are out of DC, seems hopeful that HGVC will follow suit for US owners at HCNY and Residences. I did not get the letter, at least not yet, as a HCNY owner.

Wright17s

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite Premier; Valdoro x6, Trump, Paradise, Sunrise Lodge
This is amazing news. Thank you HGVC.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
I agree; while I'm in the US and have been able to use all of my 2020/21 points, I'm really happy HGVC is doing the best they can for international owners who have less options.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree; while I'm in the US and have been able to use all of my 2020/21 points, I'm really happy HGVC is doing the best they can for international owners who have less options.

Agreed. And they really should add HCNY and Residences owners considering what they've been through.

Cheers.

Hsahota1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV
This is great news for us Canadians and other international owners!

KathyA

TUG Member
Reaction score
But I see you are out of DC, seems hopeful that HGVC will follow suit for US owners at HCNY and Residences. I did not get the letter, at least not yet, as a HCNY owner.
I guess I wasn't clear. I am a HCNY owner, not an international owner, so this deal is applicable to HCNY and Residences members as well.