• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

FREE-PLUS CASH! SEDONA Los Abrigados Resort & Spa-12,000 pts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChicagoRobert

TUG Member
Reaction score
[Thread closed at request of original poster due to greater understanding of the points transfer situation. See later posts. - Makai Guy, BBS Administrator]

Sedona, AZ Los Abrigados Resort and Spa. Diamond Resorts International property. ANNUAL ownership. "The Club" membership with ownership.

Annual maintenance fees ($1,050) are paid through 2012.

Diamond Resorts is the 2010 new owner after acquiring Los Abrigados from ILX resorts. Ownership is now a points based system. This property earns 6,000 pts each year. 12,000 are in the account now.

Deed is clear and free. There is no lien on this listing. I (Seller) will pay ALL closing costs, title transfer and resort transfer fee.

PLUS!!! Seller will enhance this timeshare package with $525.00 CASH to the buyer, which will be put in escrow. Yours at closing. Use the cash for half of the 2013 maintenance fees, buy airline tickets, tons of sunscreen, or use it however you like. Yours for FREE.

Diamond Resorts includes numerous resort options within this contract: 11 resorts: In Arizona: Sedona, Payson, Pinetop, Scottsdale; Sea of Cortez, Mexico; Carriage House in Las Vegas; Varsity Clubs in Tucson and South Bend, Indiana; Historic Crags Lodge in Estes Park, Co.

Last edited by a moderator:

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
What size unit is this? Your point to MF ratio seems very good - you get 12,000 annual Diamond points with total MF's of $1,050? Did you opt out of Diamond Club when Diamond took over the resort? Would a new owner have to join "The Club" and pay the extra fees?

ChicagoRobert

TUG Member
Reaction score
Units

Hi Pam,

Since the conversion from ILX to Diamond Resorts, the unit size is no longer an issue. The size unit you can reserve is based upon points. So if you have enough points, you can book larger rooms than just one bedroom. Additionally, Diamond runs specials at some resorts and times where you can reserve at discounted point rates. Initially when we bought it, it was for a one bedroom, but it no longer works that way. Each year I get another 6,000 points with the MF's and I have banked some there, hence the 12,000. I am a member of The Club as an owner so whomever I transfer the timeshare to will be a member as well.

I hope this helps.

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, thank you. That helps to clarify exactly what you're selling. (Point systems and membership levels in all the different programs can be terribly confusing!)

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
I am pretty sure that membership in The Club does not transfer except if you were to pass away and will this resort to an heir.

It is my understanding that all you are able to transfer to the new owner is the underlying deeded week.

I could absolutely be wrong, I am no DRI expert. But you might want to check this out for sure.

H

nightnurse613

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Good point Heathpack, I do not believe the membership in the Club transfers. Plus, the points sound like points granted when you purchased in the Club so, their status would also be a concern to me. All very confusing. :confused: I think all you have to sell is a week thru your deed. You might be able to secure a reservation with the 12,000 points in the buyer's name. :shrug:

ChicagoRobert

TUG Member
Reaction score
Saddened

Wow! You are absolutely correct. I am saddened to realize that is the case. I apologize if I mislead anyone here. That was not my intent. This has been such a difficult education process. I checked with DRI and while the points do not transfer that are in the account, the new owner does have the opportunity to buy points for the Club or for the purpose of using them in the points based system. I think that makes my cash offer to the buyer all the more valuable.

Thank you Heathpack and Nightnurse for your information. Always helpful.

To all readers of this thread: Please note this change. Sorry for any confusion.

[Thread closed at request of original poster due to greater understanding of the points transfer situation. - Makai Guy, BBS Administrator]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.