• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

SALE PENDING - Free-Platinum program 360,000 EOY points Welk Escondido

DL12

Reaction score
Father passed away and Mother unable to use timeshare at Welk Resort Escondido

No mortgage.
2023 Maintenance Fees have been paid ($2650)
Will help with fees associated with sale.
Sales agreement says 1 week Escondido 3 BR EOY equivalent (Not sure what that means)

No one has used this timeshare for some years.
I don’t know much about timeshares but thought I would offer before we try to deed back or stop paying maintenance fees.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
At least you know your options and don’t feel you have to keep putting money into it.

Hpmick

TUG Member
Reaction score

No mortgage.
Sales agreement says 1 week Escondido 3 BR EOY equivalent (Not sure what that means)

I don’t know much about timeshares but thought I would offer before we try to deed back or stop paying maintenance fees.
I’d love to know if you are able to deed back. We aren’t having much success doing that with Welk.

DL12

Reaction score
Still Available - Willing to help with transfer fees

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
are you listed on the ownership? or is it only in the name of your deceased parents?

welk/hyatt should not charge you to surrender this back if all the owners are deceased and or you dont find a taker here!

DL12

Reaction score
are you listed on the ownership? or is it only in the name of your deceased parents?

welk/hyatt should not charge you to surrender this back if all the owners are deceased and or you dont find a taker here!
Thanks Brian,
Mother is still alive but is in assisted living arrangement and not able to use the timeshare.
I appreciate your information however and appreciate this website.
Cheers,
Don

DL12

Reaction score

No mortgage.

Still available - Anyone interested?

lockewong

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club, Marriott Kauai Beach Club, West 57th, The Central at 5th, HGVC Bay Club, Tahoe Seasons
Hi, DL 12:

I just sent you a private message. I am trying to help you find out if you can just deed it back to Welk. Please check your PMs. Nora

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
would also like to know welks response to your request to surrender given the death of your father and condition of your mother.

zebrafish

Reaction score
I think Welk was purchased by Marriott. My parents can't travel to their timeshare, so I am trying to figure out what can be done.

Last edited by a moderator:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
all owners have the same 3 options available to dispose of an unwanted timeshare, some are just easier than others depending on what is trying to be disposed of!

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I think Welk was purchased by Marriott. My parents can't travel to their timeshare, so I am trying to figure out what can be done.
Depending on what your parents own, they may have a deedback program. Unless you also own Welk as the OP. If its a decent week and resort, you may be able to give it away for free. Some people, especially on here are always looking for good traders.

krherbert

TUG Member
Reaction score
Welk (or whoever they are now) does not have a deedback "at this time". We're going through this after sending a formal letter releasing our points to them last December, 2022. We're currently in collections. Which is causing no end of problems to us personally...as in arguments as to what to do.

Last edited:

will.i.am

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Hi there Don, is this still available? We would be very interested do you know if these points are usable at the other welks or whatever they're called or solely at the Escondido location?

Love to your mother and may your father rest in peace.

Will

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

DL12

Reaction score
Hi there Don, is this still available? We would be very interested do you know if these points are usable at the other welks or whatever they're called or solely at the Escondido location?

Love to your mother and may your father rest in peace.

Will

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Thanks for the kind words Will,
We are currently working with someone to transfer the points.
Thanks and Take care