• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

FREE Pelican Resort - St. Martin

judyjht

TUG Member
Reaction score
I saw this posting on Craigs List if anyone is interested. I don't know anything about it.

I have a time share in St Marteen, at the Pelican Resort, we do not use it any longer, and hopefully someone can take it away....of course there is a small catch...the timeshare itself is FREE, but there is a maintenace fee due for 2009, ($ 828.00 ) , and a "special assesment fee" (one time only) for the last year hurricane down there ($ 383.00 ) , I have the transfer of ownership papers, and that fee is $ 135.00 ...BUT the timeshare is a deedable week and it is in a beautiful resort ...week # 38 , and unit C14A , a one bedroom unit on the Marina side....of course this week can be exchanged, and used ANYWHERE at ANYTIME. This is a PRIME "red time" and in a warm tropical location.
Pelicanresort.com is the site you may look at the property, and everything it offers. Serious interest only.....please e-mail me at Jjm3t@aol.com , I will respond as soon as possible. ( all the fees will have to be paid with the transfer of ownership papers filled out ) Thank You Jjm3t@aol.com

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
.....of course this week can be exchanged, and used ANYWHERE at ANYTIME. ....

:hysterical:

Yeah, that was my thought, too. This can be exchanged for something, but certainly not everything.

I don't think this timeshare is worth having, even for free. Caribbean ownerships generally provide less legal protections than ones in the US, there are exchange rate fluctuations in the MFs to worry about, and the MF here is just too high for what you get. Contrary to what the ad says, this is not a prime-time week. It's in September, at the peak of hurricane season, which is as low as it gets in the Caribbean.

I am curious though -- where on Craigslist (what city and what listing category) did you find this?

By the way, we have 3 Judys in a row responding here!

judyjht

TUG Member
Reaction score
It was in the Boston list. I forget what it was under.

He must have removed it - I cannot find it anywhere now! Maybe he gave it away! :)

Last edited:

jadejar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Morritt’s Tortuga, Morritt’s Seaside, Royal Dunes, Marriott Surfwatch, Marriott Grande Ocean, Moon Palace
I have no response to the Pelican timeshare issue, but I thought I might be able to extend the post to 4 Judy's in a row. :wave: What is the current world record?

Judy

JudyH

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Lets make it 5.

I don't like the Pelican location anyway, its way to congested for me.

Judith Frye

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Does a Judith count?

I used to be Judy as a child, and still am, to my family!

big1ed

Reaction score
Judy Judy Judy

Gee, wasn't that a famous line in a movie?? LOL....:D :D

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I saw this posting on Craigs List if anyone is interested. I don't know anything about it.

a "special assesment fee" (one time only)

This part was pretty funny, too. Right, one time only.