• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Free Marriott II exchanges

Jwerking

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach Club, Marriott Summit Watch, Port of Call (HHI), Mayan Palace
I have a Corporate Marriott II acct that allows free exchanges and re- trades to Marriott resorts - a fantastic benefit that I am just learning how to use. So have some questions.

I have a confirmed exchange to the Kauai Beach Club for January 2021 followed by a week at Waiohai Beach Club. But would rather be at the same resort to preclude a move!

I have another II deposit where An ongoing search can be started for the Waiohai and if I match, then I can cancel the Kauai Beach club.

As such, is there any cancellation fee or is it free in a Corporate acct? Will my original Marriott deposit retain the same trading power and timeframe ( 2 yrs beyond deposited week)?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a Corporate Marriott II acct that allows free exchanges and re- trades to Marriott resorts - a fantastic benefit that I am just learning how to use. So have some questions.

I have a confirmed exchange to the Kauai Beach Club for January 2021 followed by a week at Waiohai Beach Club. But would rather be at the same resort to preclude a move!

I have another II deposit where An ongoing search can be started for the Waiohai and if I match, then I can cancel the Kauai Beach club.

As such, is there any cancellation fee or is it free in a Corporate acct? Will my original Marriott deposit retain the same trading power and timeframe ( 2 yrs beyond deposited week)?

Others can likely answer the cancelation ramifications better than I can. My first thought is to keep both and get different experiences but you've stated a preference to the alternative. Alternatively you could look to retrade one or the other to get both at the same resort though the odds are far more likely for KBC being available than Waiohai and for us, I wouldn't stay one week at KBC much less 2 and give up the other resort. Personally if this was my goal I'd just keep an eye on the retrade options but in part it might depend on the expirations of the various deposits. Remember if you exchange with a new OGS (On Going Search), you might get Friday, Saturday or Sunday as a start day though you can call II and get them to narrow that down, you can't do so online with II like you can with RCI. No fees for corporate account that I can think of assuming MVC to MVC.

Jwerking

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach Club, Marriott Summit Watch, Port of Call (HHI), Mayan Palace
I agree that KBC is less desirable over Waiohai mostly due to the lack of a kitchen. But close by downtown Lihue area has some reasonable Asian restaurants- which I love instead all the pricey tourist places. The beach area is ok with beach loungers provided by the resort - so it is fine. But Waiohai units are larger with kitchens - so definitely would opt for 2 weeks there and not KBC.

We also have a week at the Point at Poipu thru RCI - so a move weekly - ugh! But the disadvantages of exchanging for sure!

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score

I believe (and those with first hand experience please correct me if I am wrong this is just what I was told!)-what you do in the corporate account is retrade out to another Marriott. No fee. If you go all the way to your expiry you can just leave it there until you decide where you want to go and then retrade ( again free).
It’s really similar to having eplus on II.
As it was explained to me it is technically not “free cancellation” but it’s the fact that there is no exchange fee so you lose nothing by cancelling and exchanging again.

Please let me know if I’m wrong and I will delete this!

Last edited:

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
You don't want to cancel if you don't have to. It's better just to retrade until you find what you want

Jwerking

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You don't want to cancel if you don't have to. It's better just to retrade until you find what you want

Retrade does NOT allow an ongoing search which is preferable for finding a high demand Waiohai week - which is what I want to start with another Marriott II deposit.

So hasn’t anyone cancelled a Marriott exchange in a Corporate acct and knows what happens?

Guess I could call II and ask, but reps are likely not to know - so figure this forum was the best place to find the real answer.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Retrade does NOT allow an ongoing search which is preferable for finding a high demand Waiohai week - which is what I want to start with another Marriott II deposit.

So hasn’t anyone cancelled a Marriott exchange in a Corporate acct and knows what happens?

Guess I could call II and ask, but reps are likely not to know - so figure this forum was the best place to find the real answer.
There are those here that have, I have not. I think you'll get a replacement week good for a year or the expiration of your week, which ever comes first. I'm not sure if you'll have MVC priority with the replacement or not. Someone will know for certain, hopefully they will see the thread and post. Note, you will not see a refund of any size upgrade fees. I am not sure if you'll have the retrade options on the replacement week like you do a regular MVC exchange. As much as we despise KBC, I'd keep it in place and look to retrade it if something pops up as it likely will for January. If you start a new trade with the intent of canceling the current one, make sure you call II and let them know which start dates are OK so that you don't get orphaned for a day or 2 at the beginning or end of your week. Currently the II Coronavirus policy goes through the end of the year so even if you start a new trade and are successful, you may want to wait until you get closer both to see if they update the policy with additional options over the usual situation and to extend the dates of the replacement week. Then if nothing has happened before you get to 60 days out, you'll just have to decide how important it is to you. Maybe it is important enough to end up with a late cancellation certificate over the usual week.

We have stayed at the Point once but it's been quite a number of years ago, it was with Embassy then if that gives you an idea. We enjoyed our stay but the unit setup was strange with AC in the bedrooms but not the rest of the unit, maybe that's changed. What hasn't changed is the layout of the resort. It's not an easy resort to navigate, esp if you end up in certain sections.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
If you cancel a trade, you get a cancellation replacement week good for one year from the day you cancel. I believe the cancellation replacement week retains Marriott priority and also gets free trades, but I can't confirm the free trades on the cancellation replacement. YOu could lose a lot of time vs your initial deposit expiration. In reality, there is no need to cancel the exchange, but rather just keep retrading it out as far as you can. If you ever are in the need of placing an OGS against it, then cancel, take the cancellation replacement and place the new search.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you cancel a trade, you get a cancellation replacement week good for one year from the day you cancel. I believe the cancellation replacement week retains Marriott priority and also gets free trades, but I can't confirm the free trades on the cancellation replacement. YOu could lose a lot of time vs your initial deposit expiration. In reality, there is no need to cancel the exchange, but rather just keep retrading it out as far as you can. If you ever are in the need of placing an OGS against it, then cancel, take the cancellation replacement and place the new search.
In the OP's case it might be necessary. They want to start an OGS while retaining the current exchange to get a better resort for them for the same dates. The only options I can think of are either to look to retrade to the replacement or use a different deposit to get an exchange then cancel the original one.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I should probably know this but what is a corporate acct?

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score

You might want to post on the Interval community if you haven’t already.

Jwerking

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Okay, thanks for the comments - it is a bit unclear as to criteria for using the Replacement Week if I do cancel the original exchange to KBC. So will likely just keep the KBC since it does have a microwave and minifridge - so we can have coffee in the morning, make sandwiches for lunch, and eat dinner out at a local place. I won't have to cook for a week - yahoo!

Does anyone know if KBC waives the parking fee for Marriott owners coming in on an II exchange? Hope so!

We stayed at the Point at Poipu this last January after a 2 week stay at the Marriott Waiohai . The resort would be fine except they charge a $30 per day resort fee. For that fee, they provide one small pack of laundry detergent and requested a $1 charge for any extra packs requested. Needless to say, they did not charge after I questioned Housekeeping about the charge when I was paying $30 per day resort fee - for what I asked??

At the Marriott, all the staff say hello! At the Point, not one person said hello even when you were literally face to face. Just a very small thing - but it was very noticeable after 2 wks at the Marriott.

KarenP

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Can I retrade in my corporate account if I purchased eplus (before I knew I could retrade free) and run out of eplus retrades?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Can I retrade in my corporate account if I purchased eplus (before I knew I could retrade free) and run out of eplus retrades?
You should be able to. When you run out of ePlus retrades, any subsequent retrades revert to full fee, which if Marriott to Marriott are $0.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score

Eplus can still be useful even for corporate account. If you plan on exchanging outside of Marriott for example. Those retrades using the corporate account are not free.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Okay, thanks for the comments - it is a bit unclear as to criteria for using the Replacement Week if I do cancel the original exchange to KBC. So will likely just keep the KBC since it does have a microwave and minifridge - so we can have coffee in the morning, make sandwiches for lunch, and eat dinner out at a local place. I won't have to cook for a week - yahoo!

Does anyone know if KBC waives the parking fee for Marriott owners coming in on an II exchange? Hope so!

We stayed at the Point at Poipu this last January after a 2 week stay at the Marriott Waiohai . The resort would be fine except they charge a $30 per day resort fee. For that fee, they provide one small pack of laundry detergent and requested a $1 charge for any extra packs requested. Needless to say, they did not charge after I questioned Housekeeping about the charge when I was paying $30 per day resort fee - for what I asked??

At the Marriott, all the staff say hello! At the Point, not one person said hello even when you were literally face to face. Just a very small thing - but it was very noticeable after 2 wks at the Marriott.
They did for us but it's been a few years. The only resort I can think of that charges MVC owners using an exchange is Beach Place Towers and for that reason alone, I'll likely never stay there. Our issue with KBC was more related to the kitchen setup.

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
We have stayed at Beach Place Towers every year for the last 7 years and can tell you we have only rented a car once...The great location of Beachplace and all the Really good restaurants and bars within walking distance,have made a rental unnecessary for us...we use an Uber to get to Beachplace..and Fort Lauderdale has a free electric car service that takes us to Publix for groceries..and the water taxi is only a block away that you can take up and down the causeway..we usually take the water taxi down to Hollywood for an overnight stay..we really find a rental car unnecessar.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have stayed at Beach Place Towers every year for the last 7 years and can tell you we have only rented a car once...The great location of Beachplace and all the Really good restaurants and bars within walking distance,have made a rental unnecessary for us...we use an Uber to get to Beachplace..and Fort Lauderdale has a free electric car service that takes us to Publix for groceries..and the water taxi is only a block away that you can take up and down the causeway..we usually take the water taxi down to Hollywood for an overnight stay..we really find a rental car unnecessar.
If we went we’d drive so that would be irrelevant for us.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
If we went we’d drive so that would be irrelevant for us.
Same here. We have been looking at a lot of Florida resorts to travel to this year and we would like to go back to Beachplace, but the parking fee would prevent us from going. Since we would be driving down from Jacksonville, we would have to find a place to park the car.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Same here. We have been looking at a lot of Florida resorts to travel to this year and we would like to go back to Beachplace, but the parking fee would prevent us from going. Since we would be driving down from Jacksonville, we would have to find a place to park the car.
For us it's more a matter of principle than anything else. I'm hoping enough people avoid them that it affects their ratings and trade power but I doubt it'll be enough to matter.

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
For us it's more a matter of principle than anything else. I'm hoping enough people avoid them that it affects their ratings and trade power but I doubt it'll be enough to matter.
Understand completely