• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Free Margaritas at Ocean Pointe!

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
They are dropping to a skeleton crew on Saturday and I’m sure it is a coordinated effort for all MVC resorts. The grills, fitness center, and activity center will be closed. Maid service for occupied rooms is also canceled so no mid-stay cleanings between reservations.

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
They are dropping to a skeleton crew on Saturday and I’m sure it is a coordinated effort for all MVC resorts. The grills, fitness center, and activity center will be closed. Maid service for occupied rooms is also canceled so no mid-stay cleanings between reservations.

We cleaned our own room last Saturday. I put dirty towels in laundry basket outside the door for them to collect. They brought new towels and linens in plastic bags. We dusted and vacuumed. Didn't take long. I've been washing our pool towels.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
We cleaned our own room last Saturday. I put dirty towels in laundry basket outside the door for them to collect. They brought new towels and linens in plastic bags. We dusted and vacuumed. Didn't take long. I've been washing our pool towels.
Couldn't you also wash bath towels?

Quilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Couldn't you also wash bath towels?

Yep I could. And sometimes I do. Kitchen towels too.

How about the mattress pad that had blood on it when we arrived? Want me to wash that too?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Yep I could. And sometimes I do. Kitchen towels too.

How about the mattress pad that had blood on it when we arrived? Want me to wash that too?
Certainly not. That would be switched out. Of course, it wouldn't even fit in the puny washers they put in the villas.

Quilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here's the heroes of today: https://www.today.com/video/rising-...s-saving-lives-and-warming-hearts-81237061917

We have DD who is PACU nurse and SIL deployed to the Middle East. They are my heroes.

The girls passing out the nonsense treats with dirty gloves are young and by their judgment just don't know any better. From their example how confident can anyone be about their judgment for their contact activities outside of work? It is the seasoned management who should be the leaders and directors of common sense.

hangloose

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Vista (x2)
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
As an OP owner, I have personally always enjoyed the free wine/cheese mingle every week. Gives me a chance to meet other owners, resort staff, managers, etc. I am sure it impacts my MFees...but items like this have been nice personal touch which helped differentiate this resort experience. Of course, with DC Pts...there is more of a transient audience than years ago (many common owners of multiple weeks).

A year or so ago...I indicated the small mini golf oddly shaped bricks between holes were not overly comfortable to walk on. Manager said..."never thought of that". Last year...they replaced those with a much improved option! Not sure if I helped make a different...but maybe :) .

Although, I'd be a little concerned on who has touched that margarita...during COVID-19 times.

Last edited:

Quilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
As an OP owner, I have personally always enjoyed the free wine/cheese mingle every week. Gives me a chance to meet other owners, resort staff, managers, etc. Not sure how it impacts my MFees...but items like this have been nice personal touch which helped differentiate this resort experience. Of course, with DC Pts...there is more of a transient audience than years ago (many common owners of multiple weeks).

A year or so ago...I indicated the small mini golf oddly shaped bricks between holes were not overly comfortable to walk on. Manager said..."never thought of that". Last year...they replaced those with a much improved option! Not sure if I helped make a different...but maybe :) .

Although, I'd be a little concerned on who has touched that margarita...during COVID-19 times.

Wine and cheese impacts your maintenance fees. You're paying for it. My recollection (which may be wrong is $35K). You ARE the personal touch handing out wine and cheese to everyone who shows up, owners or not.

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
Wine and cheese impacts your maintenance fees. You're paying for it. My recollection (which may be wrong is $35K). You ARE the personal touch handing out wine and cheese to everyone who shows up, owners or not.
Please Stay happy and healthy

Quilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh I'm working on it. Told my daughter that I'm not expecting to not get the virus but I'll try what I can to mitigate the symptoms. Trying to boost immune system. Today I've been simmering a stockpile of bits and unused ends from veggies. Made a homemade broth and then combined that with leftover chicken from last night, nutritional yeast, miso, collagen, whey protein and sunflower lecithin. Miso soup, green tea and sweet potato. Yum.

No sugar crash or hangover.

Going for walk to enjoy the sun.

Biggest problem I'll have is if I need to pee. Maybe I should wear a dress. :unsure:

Quilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Toxic drinks going around the pool again today. Come and get 'em.

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own at both Ocean Point and Oceana Palms. Our MF's have been increasing faster than any of my other MVC resorts because their GM's like to provide free things to guests to boost their ratings. There is no such thing as a free drink. Unfortunately resort owners have to pay for it. A weekly owner reception wine tasting was reasonable, but now there are free drinks and food events almost daily.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I own at both Ocean Point and Oceana Palms. Our MF's have been increasing faster than any of my other MVC resorts because their GM's like to provide free things to guests to boost their ratings. There is no such thing as a free drink. Unfortunately resort owners have to pay for it. A weekly owner reception wine tasting was reasonable, but now there are free drinks and food events almost daily.
And the more free stuff the activity staff (employed by MVC) offer, the higher the MF and the higher the management fee. Works out great for MVC.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score

I wonder how many resorts are doing that? I don't really recall much of this at the places I have been. I have generally gone to the owner receptions, and we always read the schedules of events. Almost every day would seem a little extreme.

Quilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
The main points I’m focused on regarding these freebies are the mockery to their Club Thrive hype and the lack of concern for the welfare of guests.

Alcohol is effective deterrent for the virus if you are using it to wipe things down, not drink it.

People have difficulty with willpower to make good choices if their community is making bad choices. Hence, the success of communities for lifestyle change. These drink and sugar fests are enticing and enabling guests to fail at making good choices during a pandemic. Add to this the dirty gloves, the lack of social distancing as people flock to the cart to get their drink. As I watch this mostly around the Cobia pool the guests are in the age range of 70’s and 80’s.

In another thread I asked how to get in touch with someone in corporate office. The responses have been to contact GM. I’ve done that. No reply. I copied another manager lower down and have had response from that long time manager. That manager can only pass along my comments then it’s up to others who are supposed to be leaders for any action.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score

Own where it is cheaper and exchange in. Not practical if you are after Feb/Mar but it is if you want any other month. Even Feb/Mar is an easier exchange than it was 5-10 years ago. The original group of pre-developer purchasers that book 4-10 weeks straight are starting to travel less than they use to.

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think Canyon Villas handled this situation much more effectively. They offered Happy Hour prices ($2 off per drink) at the Poolside restaurant. This provided opportunities to those who wanted the drinks, increased the traffic to help their employees earn tips during these slow times, minimized social contact, and did not cost owners anything.