• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Free Margaritas at Ocean Pointe!

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
The grill is following public restaurant rules which I don't think they have to since they are not open to the public. In either case you can't order a beverage without food but I guess no law says they can't give it away for free! It was the activity team parading around the pool with loud music and dancing. They were oddly colored blue but it was actually a decent margarita and even got free refills!

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Your maintenance fees are paying for that.

Ocean Pointe management is wasting maintenance fees. Besides that, with all their hype on Club Thrive (magnet on the fridge with suggestions and helpful tips) they are suppressing immune systems.

https://health.clevelandclinic.org/6-surprising-ways-alcohol-affects-health-not-just-liver/

"It can affect your immune system. If you drink every day, or almost every day, you might notice that you catch colds, flu or other illnesses more frequently than people who don’t drink. This is because alcohol can weaken the immune system and make the body more susceptible to infections."

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sound good to me. Just be careful how many you drink Over a period of time.
To many Margaritas can run up your A1C numbers. Speaking from the one who did not listen to their Commander in Chief advice. LOL.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Some of the people still here told my kids today that alcohol prevents Covid-19. I just don't know who to believe anymore. :shrug:

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Some of the people still here told my kids today that alcohol prevents Covid-19. I just don't know who to believe anymore. :shrug:

Can't speak to anyone else but, don't believe those people.

;)

Quilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is from Joel Fuhrman’s book Super Immunity:

Eat your “GOMBBS”:
Super Immunity is created by a diet with a portfolio of immune systems- strengthening and cancer-fighting foods. “GOMBBS” is good way to remember these essentials:
1) Greens
2) Onions
3) Mushrooms
4) Berries
5) Beans
6) Seeds

5 Daily Rules:
1) Eat one large green salad every day (preferably two)
2) Eatatleastahalf-cupservingof beans or legumes in soup, salad or a dish once daily
3) Eat at least 3 fresh fruits a day, especially berries, pomegranate, cherries, plums, oranges
4) Eat at least one ounce of raw nuts and seeds a day
5) Eat at least one large (double-size) serving of steamed green vegetables daily.

They would do better passing out something like clementines.

Old Hickory

TUG Member
Reaction score
You should run for office on a platform of clementines, not margaritas. Then see how that goes with the owners.

Goombbs or alcohol? Can I do both?

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Hey, liquor stores are on the list of essential businesses in many states. ;-)

scpoidog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ko Olina
This is from Joel Fuhrman’s book Super Immunity:

Eat your “GOMBBS”:
Super Immunity is created by a diet with a portfolio of immune systems- strengthening and cancer-fighting foods. “GOMBBS” is good way to remember these essentials:
1) Greens
2) Onions
3) Mushrooms
4) Berries
5) Beans
6) Seeds

5 Daily Rules:
1) Eat one large green salad every day (preferably two)
2) Eatatleastahalf-cupservingof beans or legumes in soup, salad or a dish once daily
3) Eat at least 3 fresh fruits a day, especially berries, pomegranate, cherries, plums, oranges
4) Eat at least one ounce of raw nuts and seeds a day
5) Eat at least one large (double-size) serving of steamed green vegetables daily.

They would do better passing out something like clementines.

Don't run under a ladder with scissors while your hair is wet while eating a snack before dinner either!

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Your maintenance fees are paying for that.
Not sure this is the case. Onsite restaurants and bars are owned and operated by the developer, all profits and losses go to them.

hcarman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would doubt too that free margaritas are dipping into maintenance fees. I think the staff are trying to make lemonade out of lemons and do something nice for the guests when the property has so many facilities closed. Let's face it, free drinks make guests happy. Cheers.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I noticed this morning that Ocean Pointe is now not available on II for the next 30 days. Just about every unit type for every date was available so clearly they are trying to block new reservations even on II. The only motivation I can see is they are going to go to a skeleton crew for a month. I suppose that is good for maintenance fees if they really are passing the decrease in cost to the association but I doubt it. I can't see them saving any money except for themselves.

It looks like all Marriott Vacation Club resorts are blocked for 30 days.

Quilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
You should run for office on a platform of clementines, not margaritas. Then see how that goes with the owners.

Goombbs or alcohol? Can I do both?

Listened to a doctor's podcast on healthy eating and he was asked the same kind of question. His answer. . . ."how lucky do you feel?"

Quilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure this is the case. Onsite restaurants and bars are owned and operated by the developer, all profits and losses go to them.

Activities is producing the drinks. Not the bar. I asked.

Quilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
When you go to a Spa what type of beverage do they offer? Blue Margaritas?

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am glad, I stock up my liquor supplies on my last visit to Costco in GA.

Quilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
I spoke with one of the managers yesterday and she verified the cost is coming from maintenance fees. Said it’s not only alcohol but sometimes s’mores and sometimes water. One of our Board members had told us she lobbied for the water as the bar was charging for water.

They came around with more rum drinks today. OJ, pineapple juice and two kinds of rum. One girl had a glove on each hand. Her hands were touching her face and hair. The other had only one glove because she had a cast on the other hand. She was rubbing the gloved hand with the ungloved hand.

The punch color was coordinated with the color of a new sign that has been posted around the resort. It’s black and yellow. It says “Practice Social Distancing”. There are two silhouettes with a 6’ span between them.

Girl with cast was handing drinks down to people in pool and then chatting with them about her broken arm. She was standing over them so any spittle that was projected could fall on them.

DH said it’s so laughable it’s sad.

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
MOW /MGC /MCV/MGO / Trust Points
The dude is all bout free drinks. He would prefer a White Russian of course but he'll happily accept a margarita anytime. Careful man, there's a beverage here!