• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Free - Hyatt Main Street Station Breckenridge

stoneh

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Main Street Station - Breckenridge
We own a 2 bedroom and a studio at Hyatt Main Street Station. We have the 10 day summer float, I think it is 7 days in the summer and 3 fall days.

We receive 1,920 points per year. We have used the points elsewhere, and have never stayed at this resort.

Trying to sell them seems like a difficult challenge.

We would like to just give them away and only ask that the buyer pay the closing/transfer fee.

This is our first and only timeshare so we are not very knowledgable about this type of transaction.

The annual maintenance fee is $3,189.33 (that is total for both units)

We do not owe anything on the units and the maintenance which was due 12/31/19 has been paid in full.

New points are added in September and maintenance fee is due at the end of the year.

I am not looking for anyone to try and tie this up and then go try and sell it, just a serious buyer (or taker) who has some experience with these types of transactions.

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
How does it work do you have a week in the two bedroom and 3 days in the studio? Or 10 days in each?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stoneh

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
How does it work do you have a week in the two bedroom and 3 days in the studio? Or 10 days in each?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry, I wasn't clear. The summer float is 10 days total, a week in the summer and 3 other days. It is my understanding you could even use it like a 3 bedroom since it is a float, we do not have a set week we have to use it so you can book it in a variety of ways. We live in Texas and we have booked a lot of studio stays for 2 or 3 nights, we only used it for the 1,920 Hyatt points and have never stayed at Main Street Station in Breckenridge. I know if you look up units for sale at this property I think you will see that winter/ski weeks are dedicated weeks and the summer are float.

stoneh

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have my 2020 points and I have already paid the maintenance and I would be willing to give the taker 1/2 of the 2020 points, and they could start booking today.

Feel free to ask any questions.

stoneh

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I verified with Hyatt the right of first refusal has expired at Main Street Station so I can give it away with no risk of Hyatt objecting. The transfer fee is $650 and Hyatt suggested First American Title. They told me it average $500-$600 to prepare and file the deed in the new owners' name.

I would cap the new owners' expenses at $1,000 and I would pay anything over. Plus as I mentioned 1/2 of the 2020 points which are already in the account.

bobby111

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt
Well that explains why Hyatt Main Street in Breck is so much less to purchase/rent then prior years. Can I ask why you want out so badly? It is a beautiful property, we own 2 condos in Summit County and they are not inexpensive properties.

bobby111

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt
Ok now I understand, your MF is supporting the winter weeks. A MF of $ 3200 for a summer week is steep, our HOA fees for the condos is 675 (1 bed/2 bath) and 850 (2 bed/3 bath) this is per month - so that explains the dilemma. It is beautiful, we live Hyatt Main Street. Hope you find a buyer - the summers are wonderful in Colorado.

stoneh

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
They said the MF is higher because we have 10 days and not a week. We get 1,920 points a year and we live in Houston. There is a Hyatt Wild Oak in San Antonio and my wife books like 6-10 weekends and post them on a Facebook marketplace and this is how we cover the annual fee.

It is a lot of work to just cover expenses, and since we have no plans to use the points for our use it makes sense to just get out of it. We bought it a long time ago and paid in full at the time so just ready to move on.

We were in Vail for a wedding last year and went to the property for the first time and it really is nice in a nice area. Hopefully, someone who uses Hyatt points or wants to spend time at Main Street Station will take it.

bobby111

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt
Your supporting the ski weeks, the MF per week/day is the same regardless of the time of year. So, it’s tough when you can rent a condo in Summit County for less then the $320 per night in the summer. My suggestion is reserve it during 4th of July - rent it out and try to cover your expenses. We own and do not get $320 per night in summer for units at base of Gondola. Except for festivals, 4th of July or major events. Colorado in the summer is beautiful- but a bargain. Might be hard to sell at a bargain - All the best!

Reaction score
I'm looking for a Hyatt ts. Are you able to split the 2 bedroom and studio. I would be interested in the 2 bedroom. Thanks