• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Free Hilton Head - Royal Dunes Resort-Gold Crown-Golf Included- Floating Bronze Week

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes Resort
Gold Crown Royal Dunes Resort offers spacious, elegant three bedroom/three bath villas in the oceanfront community of Port Royal. Each villa features two luxurious master bedrooms with king beds and private bathrooms. The guest bedroom has two twin beds, the living room has a sleeper sofa and the guest bathroom is in the hall. Each villa also features a fully-furnished kitchen and a private balcony. The villas will comfortably accommodate up to eight guests.The resort is located just a short walk from the beach, and features two pools, a playground, shuffleboard, picnic area, and grilling area. This is a floating Bronze Week. (2021 Weeks 1-8,49-50) Golf is included for up to 4 players each day. Maintenance Fees Paid Through 2020 New Owners Usage begins 2021 upon payment of Maintenance Fee . Buyer to pay Closing Costs.

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
It has been several years, but we loved this resort when we exchanged in. The staff was amazing, helping us when we had an issue with the family van. This will be a good find for someone that enjoys Hilton Head.

Sheila

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes Resort
Thanks Sheila. The staff is great. We are very sad to let this go. However advancing age has posed new Travel challenges for us. We usually used this in late February with great access to golf courses and restaurants as well as light traffic!

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes Resort
I have not seen the 2021 Fee yet. For 2020 the Fee was $895 (Includes $87 Real estate Tax, $285 Reserve Fee, and $523 Maintenance Fee). If you keep the sports Package (Golf, Tennis), last year's fee for that was $100.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes Resort
Could some folks kindly provide feedback as to why no one wants this timeshare. It is on Hilton Head Island, gold crown, 3BR with 3 baths, walkable to a great beach, with free golf available! And it's free!!

DianneL

TUG Member
Reaction score
We own at Royal Dunes, every other year, and love it. We always use our week, never trade or rent it. Our week is Gold and we usually go in October. This is a great find for someone.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree with everyone, this is a nice resort on HHI.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes Resort
Thanks. I thought of that too I wish folks knew that HH has great weather during this time period. For years we went and played golf and used the pool, The ocean was too cold (for us) for swimming but still beautiful beach days. Also it could be used for trades. 3 bedrooms and 3 baths gets very good points.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I feel the weather is not bad from April until late December. IMHO.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Could some folks kindly provide feedback as to why no one wants this timeshare. It is on Hilton Head Island, gold crown, 3BR with 3 baths, walkable to a great beach, with free golf available! And it's free!!
TBH, your initial post doesn't provide a lot of information. You need to really sell it. Provide information about what there is to do in the area. Photos or links to photos of the resort, villas, resort and golf course would be very helpful (unless it looks bad). You also failed to mention what the current or previous maintenance fee amount even is. People also often buy to trade, so providing the number of TPU from the TPU calculator is also very helpful as well as any resorts you have been able to trade into with this unit to give people an idea of what kind of trader it might be. You need to really point out the free golf for four people each day. While you want the buyer to pay closing costs, it may be a situation where you need to be willing to pay for these as the seller. You may even have to be willing to pay the 2021 maintenance fees and provide free usage to the buyer. That would undoubtedly be cheaper than using an exit company and better than defaulting. It also gives some value to the buyer to think they are getting a real deal.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
To the OP, photos and information can be found under Royal Dunes website.
Including every room layout, interior and exterior photos, etc.

Good luck.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes Resort
TBH, your initial post doesn't provide a lot of information. You need to really sell it. Provide information about what there is to do in the area. Photos or links to photos of the resort, villas, resort and golf course would be very helpful (unless it looks bad). You also failed to mention what the current or previous maintenance fee amount even is. People also often buy to trade, so providing the number of TPU from the TPU calculator is also very helpful as well as any resorts you have been able to trade into with this unit to give people an idea of what kind of trader it might be. You need to really point out the free golf for four people each day. While you want the buyer to pay closing costs, it may be a situation where you need to be willing to pay for these as the seller. You may even have to be willing to pay the 2021 maintenance fees and provide free usage to the buyer. That would undoubtedly be cheaper than using an exit company and better than defaulting. It also gives some value to the buyer to think they are getting a real deal.
Thank you!

cyntravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
For those who love Port Royal Plantation in Hilton Head area this is one of my favorite places to stay when I am not at my Marriott. I use my ownership at Marriott Barony for other amenities. I Love that it is a 3Bed. Very spacious for large families.

DRIless

Reaction score
I don't know why this is so hard to move. I have a High Season week that I've been trying to sell for peanuts for 5 years and nary any inquiry.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I don't know why this is so hard to move. I have a High Season week that I've been trying to sell for peanuts for 5 years and nary any inquiry.
What is "peanuts"? Where have you been advertising it?

DRIless

Reaction score
What is "peanuts"? Where have you been advertising it?
Surely, peanuts means different things to different people. Peanuts to me is more than free, so it cannot be discussed on this forum, sorry.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Surely, peanuts means different things to different people. Peanuts to me is more than free, so it cannot be discussed on this forum, sorry.
Understood. It seems that based on your experience and that of the OP, that these weeks don't really have a value, as much as owners may wish they did. Given the experience posted in this thread, it seems that the best way to try to "sell" one of these is to offer to pay all closing costs to the buyer as well as giving it to them for free. If that doesn't work, it may be necessary to throw in free usage. Still better and cheaper than some timeshare exit outfit.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes Resort
How about this as more descriptive?

Gold Crown Royal Dunes Resort offers spacious, elegant three bedroom/three bath villas in the oceanfront community of Port Royal. Each villa features two luxurious master bedrooms with king beds and private bathrooms. The third bedroom has two twin beds and its bath is across the hall featuring a walk in shower. For additional guests the living room is equipped with a sleeper sofa. Each villa also features a fully-furnished kitchen, dining area, and a private balcony. The villas will comfortably accommodate up to eight guests. Flat screen TV's in each bedroom and the living room. Free Internet access in the unit and public areas No stair climbing as each of the 4 buildings provide elevators. The resort is located just a short walk from the beach, and features two accessible pools, an Outdoor Whirlpool Spa, a Sauna, a playground, shuffleboard, picnic areas, and grilling areas. Free Golf is included for up to 4 players each day at outstanding local courses. Covered garage parking included at no cost. This is a floating Bronze Week. (2021 Weeks 1-8 and 49-50) Golf is included for up to 4 players each day. Maintenance Fees Paid Through 2020 New Owners Usage begins 2021 upon payment of 2021 Maintenance Fee . Closing company to be selected by mutual agreement. Closing costs split 50-50. Reason for sale is after owning and enjoying using this and 2 other Royal Dunes (gold) Weeks for many years, we have sadly concluded that our age and health limits our ability to travel.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
You need to keep it simple and to the point. People won't read through a long paragraph for details. Shoot, people have a hard time getting through a 280 character Tweet or a 5 minute YouTube video these days before stopping halfway through.

Here is a better example. USE YOUR OWN PHOTOS if you have them. If you don't have any of your own, perhaps use those from the resorts website.

This took me at most 45 minutes to write this up from details you already provided.

For Sale!
Royal Dunes Resort
8 Wimbledon Court, Hilton Head Island, SC 29928

http://royaldunes.com

Exchange Company: RCI, Gold Crown Rating!
Three Bedroom/Three Bathroom
Two Master Bedrooms!

Buyers First Use: 2021

About the Villa
Resort offers spacious, elegant three bedroom/three bath villas in the oceanfront community of Port Royal. The villa will comfortably accommodate up to eight guests. Large flat screen television in the living room and each bedroom. resort offer complimentary internet access in the unit and public areas.
1601598669717.png
Villa Configuration
  • Master Bedroom 1: King Bed
  • Master Bedroom 2: King Bed
  • Bedroom 3: Two Twin Beds
  • Pull Out sofa in the living room
1601599194591.png
Season
  • Floating Bronze (2021 Weeks 1-8 and 49-50)
Annual Fees
  • 2020 Maintenance Fee was $895 (Includes $87 Real estate Tax, $285 Reserve Fee, and $523 Operating Fee)
GOLF GOLF & MORE GOLF!
  • Additional Sports Package allows guests access to golf for up to four people each day
  • That is up to 28 rounds of golf for only $100!
1601599023614.png
About the Resort
Beautiful outdoor spaces features two accessible pools, hot tub, sauna, playground, shuffleboard, picnic & grilling areas.
1601599119619.png
Closing costs will be the responsibility of the buyer. Buyer can select their own closing company. Closing can cost between $200 and $400 depending on the company choses. My suggestion is to use LT Transfers for an affordable closing and transfer!
1601600435497.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes Resort
You need to keep it simple and to the point. People won't read through a long paragraph for details. Shoot, people have a hard time getting through a 280 character Tweet or a 5 minute YouTube video these days before stopping halfway through.

Here is a better example. USE YOUR OWN PHOTOS if you have them. If you don't have any of your own, perhaps use those from the resorts website.

This took me at most 45 minutes to write this up from details you already provided.

For Sale!
Royal Dunes Resort

Two Master Bedrooms!

About the Villa
Resort offers spacious, elegant three bedroom/three bath villas in the oceanfront community of Port Royal. The villa will comfortably accommodate up to eight guests. Large flat screen television in the living room and each bedroom. resort offer complimentary internet access in the unit and public areas.
View attachment 27184
Villa Configuration
View attachment 27189
Season
Annual Fees
  • 2020 Maintenance Fee was $895 (Includes $87 Real estate Tax, $285 Reserve Fee, and $523 Operating Fee)
GOLF GOLF & MORE GOLF!
  • Additional Sports Package allows guests access to golf for up to four people each day
View attachment 27186
About the Resort
Beautiful outdoor spaces features two accessible pools, hot tub, sauna, playground, shuffleboard, picnic & grilling areas.
View attachment 27188
Closing costs will be the responsibility of the buyer. Buyer can select their own closing company. Closing can cost between $200 and $400 depending on the company choses. My suggestion is to use LT Transfers for an affordable closing and transfer!View attachment 27190
Thank you. Can I use this?

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes Resort

For Sale!
Royal Dunes Resort

Two Master Bedrooms!

About the Villa
View attachment 27184
Villa Configuration
View attachment 27189
Season
Annual Fees
GOLF GOLF & MORE GOLF!
View attachment 27186
About the Resort
View attachment 27188
Closing costs will be the responsibility of the buyer. Buyer can select their own closing company. Closing can cost between $200 and $400 depending on the company choses. My suggestion is to use LT Transfers for an affordable closing and transfer!View attachment 27190
Thank you. Can I use this?