• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Free Hilton Bay Club Waikoloa

topdog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Even years, 2 bedroom, 2 bath. Can convert to 7,000 club points if you join the Club.

jimwu921

TUG Member
Reaction score
this is hot!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Curious - what is the deeded view and maintenance fee?

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Is the Penthouse 2bdrm 7k as well?

Penthouse is the same points as other floors 7K. Only Villas are higher at 8.4K (corrected typo).

Last edited:

topdog

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is a B unit, not a penthouse. The units float and you can request any building you like, but you will not get the top floor. I believe the penthouse units are also 7,000 points. The 2 story villa are I think 8,200 points. Correct me anyone please if this is wrong.

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
The villas are 8,400 points.

topdog

TUG Member
Reaction score
FYI LT Transfers estimates closing costs of $375 total plus whatever fee Hilton wants to activated club if you want it for points.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Because it is free, it may turn out to be a better deal than buying in Vegas which would require 7k upfront ($1 a point). You should run the numbers to figure out your breakeven e.g.

Back of the envelope: Assume the MF difference is $400/year (Bay Club vs. Vegas). It would take $7000 divided by $400 = 17.5 years before you would BE on the Vegas purchase. However, this is an EOY so that would be 35 years! That's a very long time!

IMHO I would say this is the better deal if the $400 MF diff is correct.

If the savings is $700/year it would be 10 years or 20 years EOY.

Give it away (pay it forward) anytime before 20 years and you are ahead.

Last edited:

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I just realized that I was comparing and ANNUAL Vegas to and EOY Bay Club which may not be a fair comparison. You should compare a 7000 EOY or 3500 annual Vegas purchase price and MF to this. The breakeven will be shorter than 20 years but still may be considerable depending on the purchase price.

One more consideration. If HGVC changes the trading rules in the future, owning where you want to go is always a better bet.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
If we didn’t already own a Villa, I would take. This is a great deal.

topdog

TUG Member
Reaction score
LT Transfers advises that the Club Activation fee is $609, if you want the points, not just the unit. You can pay this anytime after closing when you decide to join the club.

lockewong

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club, Marriott Kauai Beach Club, West 57th, The Central at 5th, HGVC Bay Club, Tahoe Seasons
Just saw this post. If it is available, I am interested. Place me on the waitlist. Thank you.

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
I will be backup to the backup to the backup... Just in case

thanks

topdog

TUG Member
Reaction score
One of the buyers is apparently not willing or able to complete closing. Please review this thread. The processing, estoppel etc. has been done by LT transfers up to the point of final closing. If you want to enroll this unit with Hilton it costs $609. PM me please to discuss any other details or questions. Since it's already end of the year buyer would also have to pay the maintenance fee for 2020, which is $1,592.64. Happy New Year.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
One of the buyers is apparently not willing or able to complete closing. Please review this thread. The processing, estoppel etc. has been done by LT transfers up to the point of final closing. If you want to enroll this unit with Hilton it costs $609. PM me please to discuss any other details or questions. Since it's already end of the year buyer would also have to pay the maintenance fee for 2020, which is $1,592.64. Happy New Year.

That’s too bad, sorry this happened. This should be snapped up very quickly. Unfortunately, we can’t take this on right now. If we were in the market for more points, we would take this in a heartbeat.