• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Free Grandview Las Vegas 98,000 points RCI points week.

chemteach

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Free week - you pay only transfer costs.

This is a yearly 98,000 point allotment week at Grandview Las Vegas for a 2 bedroom unit. I have never stayed there - I have only used the week for making points reservations in RCI. Maintenance fees were $835 for 2020.

Last edited:

Priscilla

TUG Member
Reaction score

This is a yearly 98,000 point allotment week at Grandview Las Vegas for a 2 bedroom unit. I have never stayed there - I have only used the week for making points reservations in RCI. Maintenance fees were $835 for 2020.

Quick question, with this timeshare ownership, do you have access to rent last minute deals as well or just RCI exchanges? I am interested but researching some more.

Synergy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview, Massanutten
Quick question, with this timeshare ownership, do you have access to rent last minute deals as well or just RCI exchanges? I am interested but researching some more.

Yep! All RCI points ownerships require RCI memberships - and those include access to both Last Calls (last minute cash only bookings) and last minute weeks using 4700-9000 points plus an exchange fee. The inventory for these is very similar but is not necessarily identical.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
A very good deal.

For anyone wanting to jump in the RCI pool this is one of the better options to do so. Getting it for free is like getting a big pool float, towels and one large beer thrown in the deal too*. If I didn’t have two timeshares already I would jump on this. Good luck with the sale!

*. This is not to imply that you will get those things from the seller.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
As an owner at Grandview which is in the Vacation Village family of resorts you will be able to book two weeks each year for just an exchange fee and no points. These weeks are booked within 45 days of the check in date. They're usually a little cheaper than the last call weeks and I find there's a better selection. I used one of our Vacation Village Extra Weeks to book this week. We are currently staying at Reunion resort in Orlando in a 3 bedroom/3 bath unit and it cost us $244 for the week.

Limace

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC-Grand Californian
DVC-Animal Kingdom Kidani
Can someone point me to an RCI exchange 101? I own DVC so have access, but I have no idea what 98k points would get me, how to use them, etc. thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Can someone point me to an RCI exchange 101? I own DVC so have access, but I have no idea what 98k points would get me, how to use them, etc. thanks!

Points are used like most other point systems. While 98K is a lot of points, Grandview has 122K 2 bedrooms with the same maint fee. Regal vista is also a good option. I’ve also seen many 98K units go for free which also included transfer fees. This deal is around a lot.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.

Here is the “sticky” for all things RCI.

You may find that its not a good use for DVC points, exchanging with RCI. Something like this Grandview Points unit is much better with lower annual fees per RCI point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

rboesl

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Village Beach & Golf Resort
Vidanta Grand Mayan
Villa del Arco Cobo
Grandview Las Vegas
Vacation Village at Bonaventure
The link given in a previous post is a good resource. With 98,000 pts you should be able to get 2-3 1br weeks out of it.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access

What those points will get you depends on how far out you need to book your stays and how adventurous you are about trying different resorts.

We had a really slow year this year because of Covid so didn't use as many points as we typically use. We're able to make good use of the discounted point weeks that can be found 1-5 weeks before the check in date. Our only non discounted point stay was at AKL.

For 2020
9000 points for a week in January at Caloosa Cove in Islamorada, FL in 1 bedroom/2 bath unit that sleeps 6.
71,000 points for a week in February/March at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge in a 1 bedroom/2 bath savanna view unit that sleeps 5.
23,500 points for the following week in March at Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort in a one bedroom.
4900 points for a week in June at Vacation Village at Parkway in a 2 bedroom lock off unit.
7500 points for the following week in June at the Houses at Summer Bay in a 3 bedroom/3 bath house with its own pool.
115,900 points
Free Vacation Village Extra Weeks
Grandview at Las Vegas in a one bedroom in October.
Reunion in a 3/bedroom/3 bath also in October.

So 7 weeks with an approximate exchange fee of $239 each = $1673 + $835 maintenance fee + $124 RCI membership dues = $2632 divided by 7 weeks = $376 per week

We pay our RCI membership dues for the maximum number of years so actually paid less than $124. However I used that single year fee to make it less confusing.

I didn't add in the $190 fee you pay the Disney resorts when you have an RCI reservation.

Limace

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC-Grand Californian
DVC-Animal Kingdom Kidani
Super helpful guys! And yes, I don’t ever plan to use my DVC points in RCI-they are for dvc stays only. I haunt the RCI site daily looking for deals on last call/extra vacation but would be interested in expiring further. Think I should hold out for a 122k point grand view unit? How do maintenance fees compare?

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Super helpful guys! And yes, I don’t ever plan to use my DVC points in RCI-they are for dvc stays only. I haunt the RCI site daily looking for deals on last call/extra vacation but would be interested in expiring further. Think I should hold out for a 122k point grand view unit? How do maintenance fees compare?

If you can Hold out for long I’d wait for a 4 bedroom regal vista at massanutten

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access

The 2020 maintenance fees are the same for all 2 bedroom weeks, $835, no matter how many points the week gets, 122k, 98k, 80k or 61k. Same thing with one bedroom weeks, $417.50, whether 61k, 49k, 40k or 30,500 points.

You can find 122k point weeks but they don't show up as often and aren't as easy to find for just the transfer costs.

Something you may or may not have learned in your reading is that the inventory available in an RCI weeks account like you have with your DVC points isn't nearly as much as you will see if you have an RCI points account. I've never checked but would assume both weeks and points accounts see the same Last Call inventory however.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Something you may or may not have learned in your reading is that the inventory available in an RCI weeks account like you have with your DVC points isn't nearly as much as you will see if you have an RCI points account. I've never checked but would assume both weeks and points accounts see the same Last Call inventory however.

There are some oddball resorts that only show up on the RCI weeks side and never on the RCI points side, though. One example is Solaz, Resort ID DC01 - I just put a week on hold there for next year in my RCI weeks account; it didn't show up in my RCI points account as having availability and never has.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
There are some oddball resorts that only show up on the RCI weeks side and never on the RCI points side, though. One example is Solaz, Resort ID DC01 - I just put a week on hold there for next year in my RCI weeks account; it didn't show up in my RCI points account as having availability and never has.
I noticed some Cape Cod and Outer Banks weeks showed up as RCI weeks and not RCI points.

kadija

TUG Member
Reaction score

Hello, Is this still available?