• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

FREE - Grand Pacific Palisades, Carlsbad CA - Week 9 - EOY ODD - 1 bedroom ocean view

djrsin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Seaworld, Bay Club at Waikoloa, Hilton Hawaiian Village.
FREE!!!! Grand Pacific Palisades in Carlsbad California near Legoland. This is a weeks use at the resort for week 9, every other odd year, and is an ocean view 1 bedroom. You can also exchange through RCI and Grand Pacific Exchange (GPX) if you want to go to another location on another time. Transfer / title can be done by any company you want but I believe Grand Pacific Resort prefers to handle all their title transfer through Advanced Financial and the cost is $400.

Week: week 9, every other ODD year. First available March 1, 2019, then 2021, 2023, etc…

Unit: 1 bedroom ocean view

Maintenance Fees & taxes: Every year and it was $620 in 2017. Due next in 2018

Mortgage: None, paid off, owned free and clear. Have deed in hand.

djrsin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Who pays the transfer cost?

djrsin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If ur serious and interested interested I'll pay for it

Caligirlfrtx

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, SHERATON BROADWAY PLANTATION, GRAND PACIFIC PALISADES, SHERATON DESERT OASIS, HYATT COCONUT PLANTATION, RIVERVIEW RESORT
When's week 9. Sorry I'm new

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

Caligirlfrtx

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, SHERATON BROADWAY PLANTATION, GRAND PACIFIC PALISADES, SHERATON DESERT OASIS, HYATT COCONUT PLANTATION, RIVERVIEW RESORT
So when you say it can be exchanged through RCIfor another time, do you mean I could get a different week?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
RCI is an exchange company - you deposit your week, in exchange for a week that you pick out of their inventory.

Could be the same resort, could be a different resort, could be the same week, could be a different week - you choose.

When you deposit your week, you are given a certain number of points which you use like currency to make an exchange. The number of points varies by resort/season/unit size.

djrsin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
RCI is an exchange company - you deposit your week, in exchange for a week that you pick out of their inventory.

Could be the same resort, could be a different resort, could be the same week, could be a different week - you choose.

When you deposit your week, you are given a certain number of points which you use like currency to make an exchange. The number of points varies by resort/season/unit size.

Thank you Denise for replying back on this post.

Caligirlfrtx thanks for you interest and inquiry.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
So when you say it can be exchanged through RCIfor another time, do you mean I could get a different week?

Nice thing about being a Grand Pacific Resort is that you can become a member of GPX. No membership fees and you should find an off-peak week to exchange back into Grand Pacific Palisades for a different week if that is what you wish to do. They also have bonus weeks for many resorts, Palisades included, with no exchange needed. Fees for the bonus week are fairly decent especially considering this is without an exchange fee. While the odds are slim that you will be able to find a summer bonus week or exchange week there is usually quite a bit to choose from at other times.

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm i reading this correctly? Fees 620.00 per year useage odd years? So 1240.00 for a week in one bedroom in odd years?

djrsin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm i reading this correctly? Fees 620.00 per year useage odd years? So 1240.00 for a week in one bedroom in odd years?

Yes that is correct.

Caligirlfrtx

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
On the bonus weeks: would those only be available to purchase on odd years also or is it that once tour a member of GPX you can buy them whenever you like?

djrsin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bonus week through GPX can be purchase anytime doesn't matter if it is odd or even year. These are discounted rate vacations that are offered up on GpX site for members to take advantage of and buy an extra week of vacation for the current year or following year

djrsin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

djrsin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

djrsin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Caligirlfrtx

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nice thing about being a Grand Pacific Resort is that you can become a member of GPX. No membership fees and you should find an off-peak week to exchange back into Grand Pacific Palisades for a different week if that is what you wish to do. They also have bonus weeks for many resorts, Palisades included, with no exchange needed. Fees for the bonus week are fairly decent especially considering this is without an exchange fee. While the odds are slim that you will be able to find a summer bonus week or exchange week there is usually quite a bit to choose from at other times.
how much is the membership to GPX? and also can resale buyers buy into GPX because I was told when I took the tour that the membership to GPX was available only to people that bought from the developer Thanks

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
While you are thinking about @Caligirlfrtx question, can this unit also be enrolled into HGVC (for a fee of course)?

djrsin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
how much is the membership to GPX? and also can resale buyers buy into GPX because I was told when I took the tour that the membership to GPX was available only to people that bought from the developer Thanks

On my timeshare GPX is included with the maintenance fee. I have exchanged with them multiple times when I went to Hawaii. We bought this a while back through the developers.

djrsin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
While you are thinking about @Caligirlfrtx question, can this unit also be enrolled into HGVC (for a fee of course)?

Unfortunately this timeshare is not able to enroll in HGVC.

Caligirlfrtx

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
On my timeshare GPX is included with the maintenance fee. I have exchanged with them multiple times when I went to Hawaii. We bought this a while back through the developers.
But are you guaranteeing that this rolls over to a resale buyer? I'm only asking because I have read many resale buyers that are now very disappointed owners because things like this do not roll over. Also does this his have to pass ROFR?

Caligirlfrtx

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Also, which resorts in Hawaii. We have a trip to the big island we are trying to take in 2019. Thanks

djrsin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If I do the transfer as a gift to the other party there should be no ROFR. As far as gpx membership I can verify this tomorrow when I call grand pacific so that I can guarantee it for the other party.

djrsin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Also, which resorts in Hawaii. We have a trip to the big island we are trying to take in 2019. Thanks

Through GPX these are the current resorts available to exchange to in Hawaii. Unfortunately Big Island is not part of the options.
=============
Kauai Beach Villas
LIHUE, HI United States

Ka'anapali Beach Club
LAHAINA, MAUI, HI United States

Kahana Beach Resort
LAHAINA, MAUI, HI United States

Imperial Hawaii Vacation Club
HONOLULU, OAHU, HI United States

Royal Kuhio - VI
HONOLULU, OAHU, HI United States

Current Exchanges through RCI are as follows. No Big Island on this as well.
==================
The Cliffs Club #5124
Princeville, HI USA

Kuhio Banyan Club #1297
Honolulu, HI USA

Kahana Falls #2788
Lahaina, HI USA

Royal Hawaiian Adventure Club #0037
Honolulu, HI USA