• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Free David Walley's Resort - Lake Tahoe Area 2BD, 2Bath Two Floating Weeks

vichimmel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Desert Breezes, David Walley's
Hot springs, Lake Tahoe, Reno, Golf and Skiing all close by.
Inherited timeshare we can not use, hoping someone else will make good use of it.

1000 sq-ft 2 bed suite, King, Queen & Sofa Bed in the "Dillon" portion of the resort.

Full Kitchen, Fireplace, Balcony, Fireplace, Balcony, Cable/Satellite TV, Laundry facilities

Resort Highlights: Five natural hot springs/pools,
Two outdoor swimming pools
David Walley’s Spa
BBQs
Billiards
free parking; WiFi
Dogs allowed
Kid's playground
Business Center
1862 Restaurant & Saloon
Harriets Cafe
Fitness center

http://www.davidwalleys-resort.com/

Annual week 2 bed at David Walley's, floating year round. Reservations can be made 22 [months] in advance.

Buyer pays closing cost.

Last edited by a moderator:

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
How much are the yearly maintenance fees? And does it trade in II or RCI? At a place like this, does it have day use privileges?

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
I'm also interested in knowing the MF.

What does it mean to be in the "Dillon" section of the resort.

When you say you can make reservations 22 weeks in advance, is that true across-the-board? As in all owners can only book 22 weeks in advance, so no one has a booking advantage over anyone else?

Is this a lock-off unit?

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
There are a fair number of TUG reviews- mostly positive. I scanned a few of them quickly, and gleaned that the Dillon buildings are the newest and that the 2 bedrooms seem to be lockoffs.

Jim

vichimmel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The 2017 dues for David Walleys were $695, billed in December.

The Dillon Phase is the portion of the resort, the contract is for the quadruplexes. They are all 2 bed, 2 bath units. You can trade up or down when making a reservation, trading up will incur a fee.

I don't know about the resorts reservation system, except they said that our contract allowed reservations 22 months in advance to the day. Reservations can be made for any time of year.

Let me know if you have other questions,

Thanks,

Vickie

vichimmel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
How much are the yearly maintenance fees? And does it trade in II or RCI? At a place like this, does it have day use privileges?
They were $695 per week in 2017, Dues are billed in December for the next year

Last edited:

vichimmel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here is the property map, showing where the Dillon building are located. (on the right)

Attachments

• DW_Map.pdf
    6.5 MB · Views: 200

vichimmel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I can't answer the lock-off unit question... I don't know what that means. Could someone help me understand the term?

vichimmel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Trading Places is the parent company. I know the spa services and the restaurant cost extra. I think the pools and hot tubs are part of the membership. Kids and I have have stayed there once with my parents. I'm not super familiar with it.

Thanks,
Vickie

vichimmel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Found more information about day use:

Owners have access to the pools, hot spring pools, steam rooms, dry saunas, business center, billiards, volley ball, horseshoes, playground and fitness center at no charge (during an owner week). They also have access to the full service spa, restaurant, saloon and Café with charge for service and this includes during times when the public is blacked out. Two bedroom units have complimentary admittance to the free spa facilities for up to 6 people.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
This resort is located in the Carson Valley, approximately half way between Tahoe and Reno. This location was selected because of the natural hot springs located there.

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
I have stayed here twice. The last time in the Dillon section.

As noted, these are a series of buildings with 4 two bedroom lock off units. As such one side of the unit can be "locked off" and used separately as a studio unit and the other side as a one bedroom. Unlock the doors between the units and they are two bedroom units.

The Dillon buildings are sited such that most have a very nice view to the wetlands.

We find the area to be very beautiful.

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
Do you know the costs (closing and transfer) that the buyer would need to pay? I assume this is an annual ownership?

vichimmel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Do you know the costs (closing and transfer) that the buyer would need to pay? I assume this is an annual ownership?

Both deeds are for 1 week per year, and I'm selling one or both.

I don't know exactly how much the closing costs are, but it can be done for less than $200. I think the closing cost is partially dependent on the state and county the deed is from. I see Legal Timeshare Transfers referred to allot in the TUG website. Here is a link to one of those threads:

http://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/lt-transfer-for-closing-services.230611/

Let me know if you have any other questions.

vichimmel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FYI, I wrote to LT Transfers asking about the cost, here is what they told me: We charge $125 to prepare the documents needed to transfer your timeshare plus $7.00 postage & county recording fees -- for most Nevada timeshares this will vary between $30 - $35. Trading Places International Resorts requires a $175.00 resort transfer fee for their properties. This fee will be in addition to our fees.

So that is about $340 for the closing of each 1 week deed.

Last edited:

sail

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am checking to see if this timeshare is still available? Thank you

theairman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Inherited timeshare we can not use, hoping someone else will make good use of it.

1000 sq-ft 2 bed suite, King, Queen & Sofa Bed in the "Dillon" portion of the resort.

Full Kitchen, Fireplace, Balcony, Fireplace, Balcony, Cable/Satellite TV, Laundry facilities

David Walley’s Spa
BBQs
Billiards
free parking; WiFi
Dogs allowed
Kid's playground
Business Center
1862 Restaurant & Saloon
Harriets Cafe
Fitness center

Annual week 2 bed at David Walley's, floating year round. Reservations can be made 22 [months] in advance.

Buyer pays closing cost.

David Walley’s Spa
BBQs
Billiards
free parking; WiFi
Dogs allowed
Kid's playground
Business Center
1862 Restaurant & Saloon
Harriets Cafe
Fitness center

Buyer pays closing cost.
I am definitely interested are you asking for money?

Saravanan

TUG Member
Reaction score

David Walley’s Spa
BBQs
Billiards
free parking; WiFi
Dogs allowed
Kid's playground
Business Center
1862 Restaurant & Saloon
Harriets Cafe
Fitness center

Buyer pays closing cost.
I am interested, please let me know if its still available..

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Saravanan - This Ad was posted in 2017, and the poster hasn't been back since 2017. When you use the search function, please review the date before you respond.