• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

ASHLEY TELLA

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resort
I can no longer travel due to health issues and want to giveaway away my timeshare with Welk Resort.

TIME SHARE: WELK RESORT. PLATINUM POINTS
*CAN EXCHANGE W RCI & INTERVAL

* I WILL PAY FOR ALL TRANSFER FEES

-1 WEEK WITH WELK EVERY OTHER YEAR (120,000 PTS.) OR *2* WEEKS IF TRADED THRU RCI (ODD YEARS ONLY) IF BOUGHT CAN USE IN 2019.

-RCI PLATINUM BENEFITS!
CAN TRADE THRU RCI AND CHOOSE BETWEEN 250,000 VACATIONS IN OVER 110 COUNTRIES.
IF TRADED THROUGH RCI YOU RECEIVE ONE EXTRA WEEK AND HAVE ONE YEAR TO USE THAT WEEK. SO YOU CAN EITHER HAVE TWO WEEKS WITH RCI EVERY OTHER YEAR OR 1 WEEK EVERY YEAR.

-YOU ALSO GET ACCESS TO THE REGISTRY COLLECTION AND WILL GET 2 WEEKS IF TRADED THROUGH THE REGISTRY AS WELL!

-MONTHLY PAYMENT: 256.34 (TAXES INCLUDED) UNTIL PAID OFF. ONCE PAID OFF YOU ARE ONLY RESPONSIBLE FOR BIENNIAL DUES. YOU MAY ROLL OVER DEED TO YOUR CHILDREN.

-DUES: $1038 EVERY OTHER YEAR!!! ONLY PAY ON ODD YEARS. SO IF YOU EXCHANGE YOUR POINTS THROUGH RCI AND GET 2 WEEKS YOU MAY USE ONE WEEK DURING THE EVEN YEAR AND NOT HAVE TO PAY ANY YEARLY DUES.

*FREE UPGRADES TO ANY SIZE ROOM
*ACCESS TO EXPERIENCES BY WELK WHER EYOU GET DISCOUNTED FLIGHTS

https://welkresorts.com/

https://www.rci.com/pre-rci-en_US/i...MI-cKXkKeb3gIVz7jACh1wXgpXEAAYASAAEgLXifD_BwE

PaulT

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
What is the $256.34 monthly payment for? Repayment of a mortgage? How for what period of time?

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
I can no longer travel due to health issues and want to giveaway away my timeshare with Welk Resort.

-MONTHLY PAYMENT: 256.34 (TAXES INCLUDED) UNTIL PAID OFF. ONCE PAID OFF YOU ARE ONLY RESPONSIBLE FOR BIENNIAL DUES. Y

Unfortunately, it isn't really "free" if there is an open mortgage with an unknown number of months remaining.

ASHLEY TELLA

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resort
What is the $256.34 monthly payment for? Repayment of a mortgage? How for what period of time?
We just recently purchased the timeshare. So it is the mortgage.

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
They will not allow you to sell or transfer the unit if you have a mortgage on it. I would recommend calling Welk Owner Services and see if they will take it back. They use to have a sister company that would do that but it may have only been for units without a mortgage attached. It was called Premier Vacation Ownership. It’s worth a try.

If not, you are stuck with it. In that case learn how to use it and get the most out of it that you can.

Best regards.

Mike