• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Free California Beach Week

SHG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Riviera Beach and Spa, Dana Point
HGVC Flamingo
HGVC on Blvd
Hyatt Beach House
Will give away an annual Riviera Beach and Spa Week. This is a deeded week (no points) that is guaranteed a summer or holiday week!!! You only pay closing cost. This provides a 2 bedroom summer week in Dana Point!!!

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
I'm interested in March holiday spring break... can you clarify what you mean by "summer or holiday week"? Perhaps list the dates available for 2020? thanks.

Sent from my SM-J327W using Tapatalk

gratiem

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Ka'anapali, Hyatt Highlands, Riviera Beach & Spa
Peak Season for 2020 is 7, 15, 22-38, 47, 51-52.
High Season for 2020 is 1-6, 8-14, 16-21, 39-46, 48-50.

I assume that SHG's 2 BR is Peak, based on what was shared in the post.

At Riviera Beach & Spa Resort, there are 2BR non-ocean and 2BR ocean view.

SHG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Flamingo
HGVC on Blvd
Hyatt Beach House
Peak Season for 2020 is 7, 15, 22-38, 47, 51-52.
High Season for 2020 is 1-6, 8-14, 16-21, 39-46, 48-50.

I assume that SHG's 2 BR is Peak, based on what was shared in the post.

At Riviera Beach & Spa Resort, there are 2BR non-ocean and 2BR ocean view.
Thanks gratiem!! I was looking for that information.

Yes, I have Peak Season. This means it includes holidays and the summer season. This also means it does not specifically include spring break unless your spring break is the actual Easter week (week 15).

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
thx for the list. I'm looking for week 12 which is on the list posted. I'm in if the list if you have that week

SHG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Flamingo
HGVC on Blvd
Hyatt Beach House
Sorry goaliedave, I have Peak Season, which means for 2020 the weeks are 7, 15, 22-38, 47, 51-52. It does not include week 12.... But, now that you bring it up, I have never tried to reserve outside of my time, because that is a lower season. I will call the resort and see if that is possible...

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
oh ok... it's on the list in your post. weird that you wouldn't have the lower week option!

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sorry goaliedave, I have Peak Season, which means for 2020 the weeks are 7, 15, 22-38, 47, 51-52. It does not include week 12.... But, now that you bring it up, I have never tried to reserve outside of my time, because that is a lower season. I will call the resort and see if that is possible...
any update from your call?

SHG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Flamingo
HGVC on Blvd
Hyatt Beach House
any update from your call?

Yes, I did call and verify that you can only book in the designated windows. So you cannot book in the lower seasons. Thanks for the reminder in getting this answer.

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ah too bad! thanks for answering.

Cherylgo

Reaction score
Hi what are the maintenance fees and are they paid for this year?

SHG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Flamingo
HGVC on Blvd
Hyatt Beach House
Also, is this ocean or non ocean view?
Maintenance fee for 2018 was 898.92. This week was used already. If you are interested in making a 2019 or 2020 reservation, you will have to pay the maintenance fees.
This ownership is for a 1 bedroom ocean view OR a 2 bedroom non-ocean view. Reservations are during Prime season, summer and holidays.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
2019 summer is almost over. Does it mean 2019 MF has not been biilled or paid since most resorts bill it at year end the year before?

SHG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Flamingo
HGVC on Blvd
Hyatt Beach House
2019 summer is almost over. Does it mean 2019 MF has not been biilled or paid since most resorts bill it at year end the year before?
I'm sorry, let me try to explain more clearly.
  • Billings occur in December. So the 2019 year was billed and paid in December of 2018.
  • The 2019 week has been used, so there is no opportunity for use in 2019.
  • In order for a summer week use in 2020, it is highly desirable to make that request as soon as possible. We always make the request 1 year in advance. So, that would be now for 2020. To make this request would then require paying the 2020 fees in advance of the billing, which would normally occur this December.
I hope this clarified. Please feel free if you have further questions....