• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Free:Big Island-Luke's Restaurant.com coupon

Christinern

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just returned from the Big Island & did not use a retaurant.com cert. that I had purchased. If anyone is going I can e-mail it to you, so you can use it. You must spend atleast $35 at Luke's (not hard in Hawaii).

----------Christine

ati2d

Reaction score
This is so weird! I have a $25 restaurant.com certificate that I can redeem for the Big Island & Luke's is the only restaurant listed and I was just looking at the website for Luke's. It looks pretty good. Was there a reason you didn't eat there? Has anyone else eaten there? What did you think? Would it be worth it to redeem it there? Or should I pass & use it some other time?:confused:
Thanks for any info you can give me.

gstepic

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are leaving for Big Island Saturday

I just about live on this forum except when freebies are being offered, then I seem to be away from it just a little too long!

Gary

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Isn't Luke's in Hawi? If I were going there, I'd eat at the Bamboo. :D

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Luanne,

Yes Luke's Place is on the Big Island -

But - Bamboo's doesn't have a gift certificate!:shrug:

Marsha

Doesn't matter. It's still worth it. :D

gstepic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks

I know we are planning on driving through the area so I will check with my wife this evening. It's hard to believe that our trip time is almost here, we leave Saturday morning. We made plans over 10 months ago, booking flights and rooms, and our vacation at that time seemed like an eternity away.

Gary

ati2d

Reaction score
This is so weird! I have a $25 restaurant.com certificate that I can redeem for the Big Island & Luke's is the only restaurant listed and I was just looking at the website for Luke's. It looks pretty good. Was there a reason you didn't eat there? Has anyone else eaten there? What did you think? Would it be worth it to redeem it there? Or should I pass & use it some other time?:confused:
Thanks for any info you can give me.
So, anyway...........is the restaurant any good, or not? Would it be worth getting a certificate for? :shrug:

gstepic

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did not see it listed in the Revealed book

The book is not our ultimate authority on what we will do in the Islands but I was curious that Lukes was not mentioned at all in the book. There probably are a ton of eating places not listed so probably not too much should be made of the fact that it is not in the book.

Gary

marsha77

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have not eaten there - but we will when we go to the Big Island in Dec/Jan. I did a search - and Yvonne wrote this about Luke's - see below.
Marsha

Dining At Luke's

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We had a late lunch/early dinner there yesterday, using the Restaurant.com dining certificate. It was very good. I'll be writing up a full review in my IgoUgo journal but for now, I thought I'd let my friends here know how it went.

We arrived a little after 4:00pm, too early for dinner so it was lunch menu options for us. That actually worked out well. We started with calamari ($10) which was outstanding! DH had a french dip ($10) and I had the 6oz angus burger ($9). David said his sandwich was outstanding. While my burger was also very good, there were some seasonings that didn't quite agree with me. I had heartburn well into the night. But I must again say, the taste was delicious! Both sandwiches were served with your choice of fries or one of several other options.

We ended dinner splitting a wonderful piece of homemade banana cream pie ($6) that was heavenly. We both had iced tea to drink which was a mango flavored tea. Also very good.

The total meal came to $39 less the $25 dining certificate. With tip, we spent a total of just $24 for our meal.

About the restaurant itself . . . they have been open just three or four months. They are located less than a block from the Hwy 270/Hwy 250 intersection on Hwy 250. It is very airey with all of the windows opened with a wonderful cross breeze. We asked to be seated in the front by the window with the view of a huge banyon tree across the street.

They only serve dinner until 9pm. After that, they have live music in the Tiki Lounge (blues were on the schedule last night) . . . during which they do serve pizza and pupus.

We would recommend this nice find off the beaten path and may go there again during this trip!

p.s. When I do my IgoUgo journal review, there will be photos attached so you can see what we ate

So, anyway...........is the restaurant any good, or not? Would it be worth getting a certificate for? :shrug:

gstepic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the review

The review was helpful and reminded me to make certain we don't forget to take our supply of "Tums" (I swear in my older years even water gives me indigestion!).

Gary