• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

FREE- 2bed2bath lockoff Calypso Cay Kissimmee

BD310

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resort name is Calypso Cay, in Kissimmee FL.

Deeded, even years. Floating, week 22. 2012 week can be used in 2011.

Two bedroom lockout-can be split into two single bedroom weeks.

2010 maintenance fees paid. 2010 week was split into two weeks and deposited in Interval International and can be used until 2012.
Trades very well.

$464 maintenance fees due annually.
Fees include club dues, Interval membership, taxes, maintenance, and reserve.

Close easy drive to Disney.

Buyer pays closing costs.

Need to sell soon.

Last edited:

BD310

TUG Member
Reaction score
Update!!!!!!

Seller will pay for half of closing costs.

I will be using Timeshare Transfers as recomended here on TUG. Their services are $300, there is also a $75 resort transfer fee for a total of $375 that I will pay half of.

BD310

TUG Member
Reaction score
Update #2!!!!!!

I will pay for all of the closing costs.

caterina25

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think my sister-in-law would take it.I will let you know this evening.Thanks

bscraver

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would be interested in learning more-is it ONLY for week 22? you said floating week 22?

BD310

TUG Member
Reaction score
bscraver,

It is a floating week. How this works is owners are assigned a week (in my case it is 22), however you are not restricted to this week. If you want to float to a different week, you notify the resort, they provide you with the weeks available and you choose the week you want. By doing so you make your week available for other owners to float into.

Another reason for assigning weeks is for planning purposes for both the resort and Interval International. Say, for example, I am assigned week 22; I have from week 22 of the previous year until week 22 of the current year to decide what I want to do with my week (split into two weeks, use it myself, float within the resort, or deposit it with II). The sooner I decide this, the more trading power I have both within the resort and with II since this gives them more time to be able to give my week to someone else.

I believe this is basically how it works, we have never floated, we have always traded with Interval International. If there is a more knowledgeable or experienced reader reading this, please correct me if there are any inaccuracies in my previous statement as I do not want to mislead anyone or misrepresent the unit.

paulaf52

I own a 2 bed, 2 bath lockoff that sleeps 8 every other year (even years). It is set up so that we pay the maintenance fees every year. With it being a lockoff, you have the option to use it all at once, or you can split it up into two 1 bed, 1 bath units that sleep 4. If you use it all at once you can use it on either even or odd years (floating week), but you can only use it one time in two years. If you split it into two units, you can use it every year.

I am happy to try to answer any more questions you may have so feel free to ask.

BD310

TUG Member
Reaction score
Offer has been accepted. Thank you all for your interest.

I will post back when transaction is complete.

BD310

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sold

Transaction is complete. Thank you all for your interest.