• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Free 2 Bedroom Lock-off Harborside at Atlantis - Floating week

wiltsejw

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
Harborside Phase II, 2 Bedroom Lockoff
Use Rights: Annual Float
VSN Season: Platinum Plus, weeks: 1-17, 50-52
StarOptions: 148,100
MF: $3499.90, 2021-Paid

Last edited:

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What is your proposal for closing costs? I am sure people will ask. I just took on a phase 1 a few months ago otherwise I would be interested.

wiltsejw

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What is your proposal for closing costs? I am sure people will ask. I just took on a phase 1 a few months ago otherwise I would be interested.
I don't have a fix proposal in mind. Negotiable?
If I may, what were your closing cost. Just to give me an idea.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't have a fix proposal in mind. Negotiable?
If I may, what were your closing cost. Just to give me an idea.
$1600 - it’s very high because you Will need to have a Bahamas attorney involved unless you want extreme hassle. But my closing costs were paid by seller.

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
What weeks are platinum plus? 51/52?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wiltsejw

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

wiltsejw

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
$1600 - it’s very high because you Will need to have a Bahamas attorney involved unless you want extreme hassle. But my closing costs were paid by seller.
Who paid 2021 MFs?

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Phase 1 is the best for the view! If the MF weren’t so high......

wiltsejw

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'll pay 2021, it would be reasonable for the buyer to pay closing. I would also book a week for the buyer using my 2020 banked points.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I'll pay 2021, it would be reasonable for the buyer to pay closing. I would also book a week for the buyer using my 2020 banked points.

You may want to try generic timeshare groups on Facebook to give this away.

wiltsejw

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm not on FB, but I'll keep that in mind. Thanks.

bbakernbay

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Do Bahamas timeshares have a legal capability to enforce payment of delinquent owners from USA?

Have you offered to deed it back at no charge?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Do Bahamas timeshares have a legal capability to enforce payment of delinquent owners from USA?

Keep in mind that Harborside is managed by Vistana, an American company. They could possibly report the delinquency.

wiltsejw

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Vistana does not seem willing to deed this back. They responded by telling me that they will put me on a waiting list should a resale option becomes available. It appears that Vistana does not actually have a deed back operation, it's a resale operation. Unless you own a property that they can resell within a year, you go on a "list".

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Vistana does not seem willing to deed this back. They responded by telling me that they will put me on a waiting list should a resale option becomes available. It appears that Vistana does not actually have a deed back operation, it's a resale operation. Unless you own a property that they can resell within a year, you go on a "list".
They do have a deedback operation, but it is currently only for US based properties.

sdowner

Reaction score
Harborside Phase II, 2 Bedroom Lockoff
Use Rights: Annual Float
VSN Season: Platinum Plus, weeks: 1-17, 50-52
StarOptions: 148,100
MF: $3499.90, 2021-Paid
Can someone explain the difference between booking windows options between Phase I and Phase II units?

Is it correct that Phase I deeds are actually fixed weeks that allow a float option only within the 8-10 month booking window after their own fixed week has passed? What if my fixed week was for Week 17, but I wanted to book a Week 10? When does my booking window actually open?

In any case, this offer is for a Phase II deed, so does that mean the owner can book at exactly 12 months out, without waiting for their fixed week to pass? For instance, if I wanted to book Week 52 (12/24/2021 - 12/31/2021) in Year 2021 , then I am allowed to try and make my reservation on 12/24/2020 with this Phase II deed?

Having trouble understanding the booking options at Harborside, but an thinking about acquiring here. Thanks so much!

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I don't own at Harborside, but instead at Westin St John, another Vistana resort with a similar set up. For the fixed weeks, if I'm not mistaken, your deeded fixed week is reserved for you at the 18 month point pending confirmation by you either by phone or online. So, if you own week 17, which would be April 24-May 1 in 2021 for a Saturday check in, the reservation would have been made October 24, 2019, at least at WSJ. Even if you confirm the reservation, though, you can float to an available week in the period you own if there is availability, starting 10 months from the check in date. So, if you're looking for week 10 instead, which would be March 6-13 in 2021 for a Saturday check in, you would have been able to float to that week, if it's available, starting May 6, 2020. You do have to float within the home week booking window of 8-10 months, which would have ended July 6, 2020 for that checkin date.

My understanding of how things worked at Harborside is that Phase I was sold as fixed week, fixed unit, and some of the Phase II weeks were also sold that way for customers willing to pay a premium over the regular price from the developer. Those weeks on the resale market are typically reflected that way by the seller. Also, certain weeks are considered "ultra premium" or "event" weeks. Those would be weeks 51, 52, and 7 if they use the same ones as WSJ. Those are typically more difficult to book than the regular Platinum Plus weeks (1-6 and 8-17) because those would have been the ones targeted for fixed week sales. At WSJ, there are generally slim pickings for floating to different weeks in the Platinum Plus season depending on the unit size you own because availability is dependent on another owner wanting a different week than they own, having been successful in getting it, and releasing their own week; or weeks that are either unsold inventory or HOA owned due to foreclosure. That would be less of a problem in a resort like Harborside Phase II where the fixed weeks sold were in the minority, though there may be other restrictions/availability windows for the ultra premium/event weeks that I don't know about for folks that paid more in that Phase. Bottom line is that if you really want week 52, you might have to buy week 52, but it will cost more; the same could hold true for week 51 and week 7, but someone else more familiar with Harborside specifically would need to verify that. You might occasionally get lucky and score a week 52, but that would likely mean being online at midnight Eastern Time when the booking window opens for you.

sdowner

Reaction score
Thanks very much, Eric! That was really helpful. So if I have a fixed week for Phase I, I just have to elect float my fixed week. After I elect to float, I am able to trade it for another week in the same season and my booking window for that trade begins at 10 months from the check-in date (and ends at 8 months). The available inventory is whatever owner had elected to float their weeks by then.

But if I have a Phase II floating week, then I can just book at the 12 month mark (from check-in) for any of the floating week units in that season.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Someone actually owning at Harborside would need to confirm, but that's pretty close to my understanding of how things work, though the terminology in the documentation is a bit different (i.e., what you would be doing is making a home week reservation for a different week after canceling your home week reservation - you are able to search for availability while you still have the original home week reservation, though). BTW, when I picked up my fixed weeks at WSJ this year, it was inside of the 8 months, but Vistana made my home week reservations for me anyway in my deeded unit/weeks.

wiltsejw

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Home Resort preference period begins at 12 months and extends to 8 months prior to arrival for Floating week owners, 10 months for fixed week owners. After the 12 - 8 month period the space is made available to other Vistana network owners.