• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Four Seasons Aviara

JMAESD84

TUG Member
Reaction score
FOUR SEASONS RESIDENCE CLUB AVIARA -
2BD/2BA FLOATING WEEK - NR
Item number: 180343345916

Currently $1

It has $2552 in annual fees - From all accounts this is a great resort but at almost $400 a night in fees does the ownership still have any market value?

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)

Currently $1

It has $2552 in annual fees - From all accounts this is a great resort but at almost $400 a night in fees does the ownership still have any market value?

Gold will sell on eBay for about $11,000 - $14,000 (although there is gold on eBay right now with a buy-it-now for less); platinum for about $17,000 - $20,000. Many have reserves and some therefore do not sell.

Fixed weeks during racing season at nearby Del Mar (approx. weeks 31-34) go for a few thousand more.

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.

Currently $1

Since you can trade into Four Seasons Aviara with a quality resort, I would say not, but that is just my opinion, and I know others here will disagree with it. If you buy, you better want to stay there yourself. I cannot see ever exchanging it.

There was a bulk banking of FSA a few months back, and it was impressive, with lots of availability. I would have grabbed something, but my quality week for the year was used. I now have 3 weeks that see the FSA's, and you can bet I am watching.

GregGH

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
...snip ....It has $2552 in annual fees - From all accounts this is a great resort but at almost $400 a night in fees does the ownership still have any market value?

At times I think I am on a crusade to change the way people think ...:) and I am the only one ..:-( Where is Steamboat Bill these days? His formula was good. It is NOT the price up front that matters - it is the MF's. When people stress on the up front - they begrudge MF's ... and MF's keep the place the way you like it. So if you like 'almost clean' - then there is a range of MF's for that. But - if you want perfect - then - that costs ... I don't think my fees are $2552, more like $2100 (taxes paid direct)

If you feel lucky - try to exchange. But there are times you really like to travel and these may not be there. I just got a week (my 3rd) on eBay for $8050 and had to scramble to get a week in Oct. I think you will find Aviara may go for $8-$9000 (gold week) for a while and when the economy picks back up they will go back to the $12- $15,000 range.

Clean, neat & very attentive service does cost money. Just tell yourself you are worth it, or best of luck on trades.
Greg

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't know about market value, but this is the cream of the crop. Service, quality of unit and its amenities cannot be met easily! People stay in the hotel units for more than $400 a night.

yumdrey

TUG Member
Reaction score
I could see FSA units on II from time to time, but I purchased one because I have never seen any decent week for exchange. I want to go there while my sons have break from schools and those weeks didn't show up. That's why I bought one recently. Resale price of FSA is also much lower than before, and now is the great time to buy. I am also checking e-bay sales for another week, and gold weeks were sold over $8,000 and platinum weeks were sold over $15,000 but often they didn't meet reserve.

chalucky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Winning bid: US $4,194.44

WOW

LUXURY AT IT'S FINEST - CARLSBAD, CA - TIMESHARE
FOUR SEASONS RESIDENCE CLUB AVIARA - FLOATING WEEK - NR Item number: 180343345916

Bidder or seller of this item? Sign in for your status
Bidding h as ended for this item

1 of 6

View larger picture

Winning bid: US $4,194.44

GregGH

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow =- that was a LOW bid for an no reserve auction -- wonder it it will pass ROFR? I thought my purchase at $8050 was lot ..:)

Someone got lucky - more power to them - hope they enjoy it as much as we do

Greg

Steve

Reaction score
Wow =- that was a LOW bid for an no reserve auction -- wonder it it will pass ROFR? I thought my purchase at $8050 was lot ..:)

Someone got lucky - more power to them - hope they enjoy it as much as we do

Greg

Hi Greg,

It is my understanding that Four Seasons is not actively exercising ROFR regardless of what the price is. I don't think the buyer has anything to worry about.

Steve

Sir Newf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Incredible price. We would buy a 2nd at that price....the maint. fees don't bother us, we feel they are well worth it, and trying to exchange into 4S thru II at specific times is extremely difficult....congrats to the winner..:)

yumdrey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Seller did not response well...
I asked couple questions to the seller and didn't get any answer, so I didn't bid on it. It even didn't mention if it is platinum or gold season, it just said floating.
The price is excellent but I also think seller's reputation is important.

GregGH

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

vacationlover2

TUG Member
Reaction score
pointsjunkie,

when in april are you going? I will be there April 9-16. I got lucky and got a trade through II.