• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Four Seasons Aviara just added $30/day Resort Fee

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
FWIW, we have owned FSA for 20+ years and have traded it through II almost exclusively. We have consistently gotten great trades, mostly in Hawaii. We have gotten several over the years for larger units than we deposited (including one at MFC). We have also used a lot of the AC's we have been given for nice trades as well. The Four Seasons desk at II has been very helpful over the years.

No complaints from us, although as always one's mileage may vary as it certainly seems to.

I am not much of a trader so I am sure my issue has less to do with FSA and more with II. I do not regret purchasing FSA because we won the lottery in 2019 and got the best exchange in the world IMHO…Four Seasons Costa Rica!

Quimby4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV II
Riviera Beach Spa Resort (deed back 2018)
I am not much of a trader so I am sure my issue has less to do with FSA and more with II. I do not regret purchasing FSA because we won the lottery in 2019 and got the best exchange in the world IMHO…Four Seasons Costa Rica!
Traded thru the FS network or II?

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Traded thru the FS network or II?

The only way to exchange into FS Costa Rica with FSA is by winning the lottery, as I said in that post.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
But was it II?

II does not have a lottery or any deposits for FS Costa Rica. You need to own at FSA and enter the lottery. It is hard to win. We won in our first year of ownership in 2019. We have two EOY odd weeks. You can enter all your weeks in any year you are eligible but after winning, you must skip a year to re-enter that week.

FS Costa Rica does not allow owners to rent their units so the only way to stay there is to pay retail. Even in the lowest season, it is $35,000 a week for the cheapest season there for the same unit. It goes up to $130,000+ a week for the exact same unit during holiday weeks. We stayed there in July which is summer Platinum season so that week is probably $40,000 to $50,000. So the purchase of my two weeks more than covered this stay for many years to come.

Last edited:

zentraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Four Seasons Residence Club
II does not have a lottery or any deposits for FS Costa Rica. You need to own at FSA and enter the lottery. It is hard to win. We won in our first year of ownership in 2019. We have two EOY odd weeks. You can enter all your weeks in any year you are eligible but after winning, you must skip a year to re-enter that week.

FS Costa Rica does not allow owners to rent their units so the only way to stay there is to pay retail. Even in the lowest season, it is $35,000 a week for the cheapest season there for the same unit. It goes up to $130,000+ a week for the exact same unit during holiday weeks. We stayed there in July which is summer Platinum season so that week is probably $40,000 to $50,000. So the purchase of my two weeks more than covered this stay for many years to come.
We got to stay there for a full week when it first opened and FSA was still exchanging (for MF's) our week for some of their hotels and properties like FS Costa Rica. Fabulous resort. In the old days it could just be had without a lottery (as were many others that we took advantage of). And to your original point, not sure why II has worked out so well for us.

Last edited:

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We got to stay there for a full week when it first opened and FSA was still exchanging (for MF's) our week for some of their hotels and properties like FS Costa Rica. Fabulous resort. In the old days it could just be had without a lottery (as were many others that we took advantage of). And to your original point, not sure why II has worked out so well for us.

That was incredible and must have been disappointing when the rules were changed. How long ago was that? Did you stay in the 3BR residence? Just wondering because I thought the 3BR residences were not super old, perhaps the late 2000s, like 2008 or so?

Last edited: