• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Four Seasons Aviara - any changes to guest access at Hotel

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Have there been any major changes to Four Seasons Aviara guests since Park Hyatt took over management of the Hotel?

Is there still a full game room with video games, pool tables, shuffleboard, etc. and do FSA guests still get Kids' Club privileges at Camp Hyatt?

chibuilder

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have noticed some small changes...but not to the game/kids room. FSA guests can still use the hotel amenities but since separating from the hotel, I think FSA has gotten a bit nicer with additional in-room dining options and better communication/entertainment packages. The hotel is, in my mind, not as nice as it was. Don't get me wrong, it is still VERY nice but there are subtle differences that we notice and these differences are what set Four Seasons apart. You won't see as much flowers, sculpture, manicuring, and the attention to detail is slightly less. But all in all, it is still a nice hotel. Four Seasons Residence Club has continued to excel, however and still, in my mind, offers the absolute pinnacle vacation experience.

jarta

TUG Member
Reaction score
hudshut, ... I was at FS Residence Club at Aviara Nov. 5-12. It is as nice as ever. No noticable big changes. I agree with everything said by chibuilder.

I would add that, when I was at the Residence Club this February, there was nobody at the Aviara Park Hyatt Hotel. It was very eerie walking down the wide halls with not a soul around.

I have to say the hotel was quite a bit more populated when I went back 3 weeks ago. At least 2 very large wedding receptions were held at the Hotel while I was at the Residence Club. Actual guests were in the halls the 2 evenings I was there and, overall, the Hotel had a more cheery atmosphere. ... eom

Last edited:

GregGH

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The game room is gone - a combination of the economy and Hyatt ... jarta so right about how empty at times (sad) ... Hyatt does as much cost cutting as they can and still keep the 5 stars ... but they are no Four Seasons.

I trust you guys ( and gals ) saw the post on the local coupon for 4 drinks and nibbles at Hyatt ... our way to add a bit of activity to the place. Ending soon.
Greg

chibuilder

TUG Member
Reaction score
The game room is gone - a combination of the economy and Hyatt ... jarta so right about how empty at times (sad) ... Hyatt does as much cost cutting as they can and still keep the 5 stars ... but they are no Four Seasons.

I trust you guys ( and gals ) saw the post on the local coupon for 4 drinks and nibbles at Hyatt ... our way to add a bit of activity to the place. Ending soon.
Greg

Sorry to hear about the game room. We were there in mid-August and it was still there so they must have just gotten rid of it recently. I did notice that several of the sculptures that used to be up by the hotel, but apparently were property of Four Seasons are now clearly placed in the Residence Club villages. I hope Hyatt can keep the place busy as we are all better off when that hotel is making money and staying busy.

chalucky

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Too bad about the game room.

Is the kids club still gratis? We have used that in the past and it is usually in operation Fri, Sat, & Sun during the non-summer months.

GregGH

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
.....Sorry to hear about the game room. We were there in mid-August and it was still there so they must have just gotten rid of it recently. ......

I better ask someone to verify what I said ... I was told ( last Feb ) the game room was closed -- I do not know first hand ... therefore I could be wrong. Time to walk the long halls looking for new and old stuff on our upcoming weeks (smile)

On the other hand - staying there 5-6 weeks - I can see the reduction on gardening.

Greg