• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Four Seasons: 13 months advantage?

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
I am thinking about purchasing resale one Platinum week at Four Seasons Scottsdale Troon North, with a goal to reserve week 12 annually, since it works well with our week 11 in Sedona.

However, I heard that it is very difficult, almost impossible, to reserve a March week, since those owning two or more weeks get a 13 months advantage and will reserve all high demand March week before I get a chance with my single week at 12 months.

Is it true?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
It's true that multiweek owners can book at 13 months starting with the first week in the string of consecutive reservations up to 100% of the inventory. This is different than Marriott which holds back 50% of inventory for booking at 12 months

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I own 2 odd weeks at Four Seasons Aviara. I bought 2 weeks in the same season for this reason. 2019 will be my first year using them. I have 2 weeks booked already at the 13 month mark for Easter time but I am planning to switch the weeks to Christmas and New Years when it opens up. I assume Troon has different seasons and travel patterns than Aviara. If you do buy at Four Seasons, be sure to talk to Betty at Tri-West http://www.triwest-timeshare.com/. They are the authorized resaler and for just $500 extra per week, you can enroll your weeks as if you had purchased them from the developer.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Thanks for the info, very helpful!

I actually talked to Betty at TRI West and asked her if buying two weeks would solve the problem, but she said NO, for two reasons:

1. March is a super high season in Scottsdale because of spring baseball training and even having a 13 months advantage is not a guarantee of getting the reservation,

2. Even If I reserve two consecutive weeks, I will have one single reservation for 14 nights which I will not be able to split.

So I won't be able to rent out week 11 and use week 12, for example. Is it true? It seems very strange if it's indeed set up this way.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Thanks for the info, very helpful!

I actually talked to Betty at TRI West and asked her if buying two weeks would solve the problem, but she said NO, for two reasons:

1. March is a super high season in Scottsdale because of spring baseball training and even having a 13 months advantage is not a guarantee of getting the reservation,

2. Even If I reserve two consecutive weeks, I will have one single reservation for 14 nights which I will not be able to split.

So I won't be able to rent out week 11 and use week 12, for example. Is it true? It seems very strange if it's indeed set up this way.

She advised me against buying high season at FSA because she said it is hard to get reservations, even with multiple weeks owned. So instead I bought 2 odd season weeks in the Gold season which has a longer season as well as Christmas, New Years and Easter and early summer. I think Troons has the opposite season, where winter is high season and summer is low season. I am not sure if you can split weeks if it is on one reservation. I was planning to use one week and deposit the other into Elite Alliance. I believe she told me I could split the weeks if the week I wanted was still available after the 13 month booking window closed. I have not yet used FSA so I am not 100% clear on how it works. You could probably call Four Seasons and ask them. I think they are a lot more strict with Platinum weeks than with Gold weeks based on the emails I have received from them. They have a completely different reservation system for summer weeks at FSA than for the rest of the year. I do not recall her telling me there were restrictions on the second week, even if on the same reservation, unless that is a Platinum season restriction.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Betty from TRI West keeps telling me than it is not possible to split a consecutive or concurrent reservation made 13 months in advance, into two separate reservations, for the purpose of using one, and renting out the other. If it's true, then it would be nearly impossible for a single week peak season reservation to exist. I find it hard to believe because I see a lot of single weeks advertised for rent in March peak season.

Can anyone who owns at Four Seasons please post the written rules governing reservations? I am sure everything is spelled out regarding 13 months advantage and an ability to split consecutive or concurrent reservations into separate weeks. It would be very helpful to see actual wording of the rules.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just made a 13 week reservation for next Thansgiving using my 2 odd weeks. First, I made two separate reservations: one for the week before TG and another for the week of TG. Today I called and moved the first reservation to the week of TG. So now I have 2 concurrent reservations for the week of TG. At Aviara, TG is a very busy week, along with Easter/Spring Break, July 4th/summer, Christmas and the weeks you are interested in. This week, the drawing for the other Four Seasons properties came out so we will know on Nov 1st if we got a week at Punta Mita or Costa Rica. If so, I will give up one week. If not, I will re-book for Christmas, probably and try to rent out one week and use one week or use one week and deposit one week into Elite Alliance. It is pretty flexible in Gold Season. Not sure about Platinum season. You might want to call Owner Services at 760-603-6929. The rules about 13 month advantage are not all that clearly spelled out, actually. The website is very vague about the details. You can definitely split 2 consecutive week reservations into two one week reservations because I just did it. I told the agent that I was planning to call in a week to move it and she understood and didn’t even ask. She automatically made 2 reservations.

Last edited:

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Betty from TRI West keeps telling me than it is not possible to split a consecutive or concurrent reservation made 13 months in advance, into two separate reservations, for the purpose of using one, and renting out the other. If it's true, then it would be nearly impossible for a single week peak season reservation to exist. I find it hard to believe because I see a lot of single weeks advertised for rent in March peak season.

Can anyone who owns at Four Seasons please post the written rules governing reservations? I am sure everything is spelled out regarding 13 months advantage and an ability to split consecutive or concurrent reservations into separate weeks. It would be very helpful to see actual wording of the rules.

See my comments

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Bumping the old thread. I am thinking of buying two Platinum resale weeks from two different sellers at Troon. Can anyone shed some light on this:

1. Doing so will give me a 13 months reservation advantage

2. At 13 months it is reasonably possible to reserve two consecutive weeks during March peak season

3. The two consecutive weeks will be under two separate reservations so I can then use one of the weeks and rent out the other

Any insight on this?

Last edited:

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just made a 13 week reservation for next Thansgiving using my 2 odd weeks. First, I made two separate reservations: one for the week before TG and another for the week of TG. Today I called and moved the first reservation to the week of TG. So now I have 2 concurrent reservations for the week of TG. At Aviara, TG is a very busy week, along with Easter/Spring Break, July 4th/summer, Christmas and the weeks you are interested in. This week, the drawing for the other Four Seasons properties came out so we will know on Nov 1st if we got a week at Punta Mita or Costa Rica. If so, I will give up one week. If not, I will re-book for Christmas, probably and try to rent out one week and use one week or use one week and deposit one week into Elite Alliance. It is pretty flexible in Gold Season. Not sure about Platinum season. You might want to call Owner Services at 760-603-6929. The rules about 13 month advantage are not all that clearly spelled out, actually. The website is very vague about the details. You can definitely split 2 consecutive week reservations into two one week reservations because I just did it. I told the agent that I was planning to call in a week to move it and she understood and didn’t even ask. She automatically made 2 reservations.

I am interested in hearing a bit more about Elite Alliance and the other Four Seasons exchanges. What are the fees like for Elite Alliance, what about for exchaning into Costa Rica?

Thanks!

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
I suggest calling Four Seasons Residence Club and asking for Owner Services. They may answer your questions.

JustynaC

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Newport Coast, Marriott's Aruba Ocean Club, Villa Del Palmar Cancun, El Cid Marina & Yacht Club, Four Seasons Aviara
I am interested in hearing a bit more about Elite Alliance and the other Four Seasons exchanges. What are the fees like for Elite Alliance, what about for exchaning into Costa Rica?

Thanks!
I have been a member of Elite Alliance for almost 3 years now. I deposited 2 Four Seasons Aviara residences and have been unable to secure a 2BR/2BA in Costa Rica, Grand Cayman or Turks & Caicos. These are the only locations I'm interested in, so it has been very frustrating! When I call EA, all they try to do is divert me to other locations. If I want Costa Rica, they suggested St John! So I would be very cautious depositing into Elite Alliance unless you are very open to where you want to exchange into. Definitely call them and ask if your deposit week will get you into the resorts you want to visit.