• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Forgot to convert my week to points

tlrhwr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I forgot to convert my week to points for use this year. We are not going to use our week at our home resort of Newport Beach. I do not understand the Marriott Deposit and the Owner Deposit since I have never done either before. We have travel plans for this year using last year's banked points. Can someone explain how those two deposits work?
Thank you in advance for your help.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
In both cases the week is deposited into II.
If you choose owner deposit you can reserve your week- preferably the highest TDI week in your ownership season- right online and deposit it into II yourself using your reservation number.
Or you can let Marriott deposit it for you. I always deposit myself so I am not positive if you can choose the week that is deposited right there online if you select that option.
In any case the easiest option for you might be to just call MVC and take care of it all over the phone asking the highest TDI week in your season be deposited into II for you.

Last edited:

vol_90

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Phuket Beach Club, Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Canyon Villas, Desert Springs Villas II, Abound & Asia Pacific Points
If you choose owner deposit you can reserve your week- preferably the highest TDI week in your ownership season- right online and deposit it into II yourself using your reservation number.
Or you can let Marriott deposit it for you. I always deposit myself so I am not positive if you can choose the week that is deposited with that option.
In any case the easiest option for you might be to just call MVC and take care of it all over the phone asking the highest TDI week in our season be deposited into II for you.
What is the process for depositing your week with II vs. having Marriott do the deposit? I have 4 II accounts and 3 have Marriott Phuket Beach Club Platinum weeks (all different) attached to the II accounts. If I make a reservation and deposit with II how will they know which specific Platinum week I am depositing? Hoping I can just call, say my II account is XX and make a deposit with a reservation already made. There are financial benefits of using the Corp. Account if trading Marriott to Marriott deposits correct? Appreciate any info as I rarely deposit and will need to as I am purchasing additional weeks with 2021 usage.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
The main difference is as @Pamplemousse indicated. Owner deposit is where you make a reservation by picking your own check in date and then take your confirmation number over to II and deposit the week. Marriott Deposit is where you just leave things up to Marriott. I did explain a bit about how it works in a tips video I made for my channel a while back.

Generally it is advised to do Owner Deposit since you can book a high TDI week and deposit that for better trade power. Leaving it up to Marriott, you have no idea what they will pick and deposit for you. Sometimes it is a week that is already on deposit and they just transfer it into your name.

You didn't specify the season that you own. If you own Gold season, this could be a problem because that season is almost over and getting a Gold season reservation may no longer be possible. You would then have to rely on the Marriott deposit option. If you own Platinum season, that is better because chances are there will still be some weeks available to reserve. Of course those great peak weeks to deposit for the best trading power are probably already booked. Best to look at the DTI chart on the Interval International Website for this resort and find the best week to reserve based on what is still available. The good thing is that you can do this all online (reserve and deposit) without a need for a phone call, as wait times right now are pretty long when calling owner services.

tlrhwr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Or you can let Marriott deposit it for you. I always deposit myself so I am not positive if you can choose the week that is deposited right there online if you select that option.
In any case the easiest option for you might be to just call MVC and take care of it all over the phone asking the highest TDI week in your season be deposited into II for you.
Hi
What does TDI stand for? What does the week convert to in II?
Thanks again for the info

tlrhwr

TUG Member
Reaction score
The main difference is as @Pamplemousse indicated. Owner deposit is where you make a reservation by picking your own check in date and then take your confirmation number over to II and deposit the week. Marriott Deposit is where you just leave things up to Marriott. I did explain a bit about how it works in a tips video I made for my channel a while back.

Generally it is advised to do Owner Deposit since you can book a high TDI week and deposit that for better trade power. Leaving it up to Marriott, you have no idea what they will pick and deposit for you. Sometimes it is a week that is already on deposit and they just transfer it into your name.

You didn't specify the season that you own. If you own Gold season, this could be a problem because that season is almost over and getting a Gold season reservation may no longer be possible. You would then have to rely on the Marriott deposit option. If you own Platinum season, that is better because chances are there will still be some weeks available to reserve. Of course those great peak weeks to deposit for the best trading power are probably already booked. Best to look at the DTI chart on the Interval International Website for this resort and find the best week to reserve based on what is still available. The good thing is that you can do this all online (reserve and deposit) without a need for a phone call, as wait times right now are pretty long when calling owner services.
Hi
I have platinum week.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
TDI is travel demand index- the higher the TDI the more trading power your week will have for exchanging on II.
If you log into II and go to the resort directory and look up your home resort you you see the travel demand index chart where you can read the value for each week. You can look at your resort calendar and find the weeks in your season that have the highest TDI and select the best one that is available as Dioxide advised.

The week doesn’t automatically convert to anything in II. Once you deposit your week it now surrendered to II and can claimed by another member for their own use. You exchange for another week either by manual ( instant) exchange or requesting.
There are video tutorials in the general discussion section under the community tab to help or you can call II for assistance.
The faq, buyers guide (legal) and customer support numbers are st the bottom of the page on II.

Last edited:

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is the process for depositing your week with II vs. having Marriott do the deposit? I have 4 II accounts and 3 have Marriott Phuket Beach Club Platinum weeks (all different) attached to the II accounts. If I make a reservation and deposit with II how will they know which specific Platinum week I am depositing? Hoping I can just call, say my II account is XX and make a deposit with a reservation already made. There are financial benefits of using the Corp. Account if trading Marriott to Marriott deposits correct? Appreciate any info as I rarely deposit and will need to as I am purchasing additional weeks with 2021 usage.

When you reserve a week on MVC you will get a reservation number that you will input on II to deposit the week.

If your week is enrolled in the DC you deposit it in the corporate account and M-M exchanges are free.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Why so many II accounts? Are your weeks titled differently from each other?

vol_90

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Phuket Beach Club, Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Canyon Villas, Desert Springs Villas II, Abound & Asia Pacific Points
Why so many II accounts? Are your weeks titled differently from each other?
Only one week is titled different which has my Ex-wife's name on it.

1.) Account #1 Week my Name & Ex-Wife
2.) Account #2 Weeks my Name only
3.) Account #3 Marriott Asia Pacific points my Name only
4.) Account #4 Marriott Destination Points My Name and Wife (she get's Titanium Status)

I looked at the process of removing my ex-eife's name (received Timeshare in settlement) but the administrative hassle is more than I'm willing deal with at this time. She knows nothing about it and it's enrolled. I do pay Chairman's annual fees twice per year.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Only one week is titled different which has my Ex-wife's name on it.

1.) Account #1 Week my Name & Ex-Wife
2.) Account #2 Weeks my Name only
3.) Account #3 Marriott Asia Pacific points my Name only
4.) Account #4 Marriott Destination Points My Name and Wife (she get's Titanium Status)

I looked at the process of removing my ex-eife's name (received Timeshare in settlement) but the administrative hassle is more than I'm willing deal with at this time. She knows nothing about it and it's enrolled. I do pay Chairman's annual fees twice per year.
Are the AP points enrolled? I would think you could use a single II account for #2 and #3 at least.

vol_90

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Are the AP points enrolled? I would think you could use a single II account for #2 and #3 at least.
Initially had my 1st 5 Marriott Phuket Beach Club Platinum weeks enrolled with the the purchase of AP points in 2013. The AP program for enrollment is called the "Club Overlay Program" and you must elect and use the vacationclubap.com website or call membership services to book reservations. In 2016 I purchased 1,000 Destination points to cancel AP COP enrollment and move the 5 enrolled weeks to the Destination Points program. This was done for 2 reasons. 1st to have easier access and visibility to book Marriott resorts outside of the 8 that are currently available on the AP website without calling member services and 2nd I knew I would purchase additional weeks in the future that I wanted enrolled in the Destinations program.

The AP points were a costly decision (over $37K for 3,000 points) as are all point purchases directly from Marriott. We have had good vacations using the AP points (Ko Olina, Grand Chateau, Legends Edge (2), DSV II, Phuket (3), Empire Place Bangkok) but not worth the $37K paid. The only reason I keep them are the low MF's of $0.425 in 2021.

I have made good decisions and bad decisions in my timeshare purchases and continue to learn everyday. Even with the bad decisions my total cost per point is under $4 with 2021 MF's of $0.456. Also currently using excess points until I retire for rentals which have covered MF's and reduces my all in cost per point which should be under $3 by the end of 2024.

tlrhwr

TUG Member
Reaction score

I have platinum.
How far out can I make a reservation if I owner deposit? Can I push the reservation till next year? What if I don’t want to use my week at all? Do I rent it?
Thanks for the info.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have platinum.
How far out can I make a reservation if I owner deposit? Can I push the reservation till next year? What if I don’t want to use my week at all? Do I rent it?
Thanks for the info.

You need to reserve a week during your season in its use year.
You can reserve single weeks 12 months in advance.
You can find the your resort calendar that shows what weeks belong to each season and reservation date calculator ( when can I reserve) on MVC under the education tab, helpful tools.
Once to deposit it into II you have 2 years from that check in date to make your exchange and take your trip.
If you don’t want to use your week at all you can rent it instead of depositing it into II. Once it’s in II it remains there and you can’t rent the original week or your exchange.

Last edited:

tlrhwr

TUG Member
Reaction score
You need to reserve a week during your season in its use year.
You can reserve single weeks 12 months in advance.
You can find the your resort calendar and reserving date calculator ( when can I reserve) for your resort on MVC under the education tab, helpful tools.
Once to deposit it into II you have 2 years from that check in date to make your exchange and take your trip.
If you don’t want to use your week at all you can rent it instead of depositing it into II.
Hi
How does renting work? Do you get money or points after you have it rented?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
If you don’t want to use your week at all you can rent it instead of depositing it into II.
And to do this, when making the reservation online the OP would select "Occupy" instead of Marriott or Owner Deposit.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Hi
How does renting work? Do you get money or points after you have it rented?
Well, most people rent for cash. Renting for points wouldn't be an easy transaction, but could be done. The only problem with that is your market is limited to Marriott owners with points. Better to rent it for cash and adversize in places like TUG Marketplace, KOALA or Redweek. Or list it on all three.