• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Forget the Concorde - This Hypersonic spaceplane powered by the revolutionary SABRE engine will take you from London to New York in just 60 minutes

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Forget the Concorde - This Hypersonic spaceplane powered by the revolutionary SABRE engine will take you from London to New York in just 60 minutes.

Richard

x3 skier

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
As we say in the Aerospace business “Planes on Paper always beat Real Planes”.

I doubt anyone around now will ever see this. I also doubt it will ever happen. Too much money for a minuscule market.

Cheers

Reaction score
I remember stories of the Concorde the crashes that doomed the aircraft due to tires. There are people, primarily CEOs of multinational companies, who would use it. But, what about the physics? People are not used to accelerating to Mach 1+ like astronauts and fighter pilots. Maybe they should stick to bringing back the Concorde with all the flaws worked out.

TS

x3 skier

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
I remember stories of the Concorde the crashes that doomed the aircraft due to tires. There are people, primarily CEOs of multinational companies, who would use it. But, what about the physics? People are not used to accelerating to Mach 1+ like astronauts and fighter pilots. Maybe they should stick to bringing back the Concorde with all the flaws worked out.

TS

The Concorde accident was caused by running over some debris on the runway that then pierced the fuel tanks causing a fire, IIRC.

The real reason the Concorde was retired was it became a real maintenance hog and very unprofitable. The crash was just final straw.

IMHO, the number of CEOs and other high rollers who would use this thing is a pretty small number. Trying to a) recoup the development costs in the many Billions of Dollars by b) Selling a thousand of these beauties to c) cash strapped airlines who d) would probably have to charge $100000 a ticket to e) allow somebody to save 5 hours to travel from NYC to London is a fantasy.

OTOH, a man’s reach should exceed his grasp, But in this case, I think he’d have to have 20’ arms and this thing would still be 50’ away.

Cheers

jeffox

Reaction score
When I was a kid I thought the Concord was the coolest plane. As an adult, I saw a picture of the interior of the plane and thought, for the price, it was very basic and not luxurious. I guess if you're one of those people whose time is money, it could make sense, but that market is really small.

Keep Traveling

TUG Member
Reaction score
Flew it once, it was pretty cool to see the slight curve of the Earth from the top altitude. The windows I remember were very thick and hot. They had a monitor that would show the speed. I flew when it was retiring so all the materials had already been stolen and there were photocopies in the back of the seats.
The food was amazing, service amazing.

The funny thing there was a few people that "thought" they were someone and throwing down their names and saying, do you know who I am. His bag was too big to fit in the overhead bin so they wanted him to gate check it...

The flight attendant simply said....Everyone is someone on this flight and made him gate check his bag.