• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

For 13 month reservation experts

molemay

TUG Member
Reaction score
I want to make 2 reservations this coming Monday for January 19th 2013. Both reservations will start the same day so I am requesting concurrent weeks. I spoke with my VOA today and he looked in the system and said he couldn't see any weeks available for one of the reservations I want to make on Monday. The week after was available, but not the week in question.

My question is, if he can't see the week I want currently in the system before the 13 month mark, will there be more opening up at the exact 13 month window? Or, have all the 13 month reservations for that week been taken by people that have strung their weeks together?

I know about the 1/2 units available at the 13 month mark and 1/2 units available at the 12 month mark rule, but is there a rule holding units for the exact 13 month mark, or am I already out of luck and have to wait until the 12 month mark?

Hopefully I have explained my question well and there is someone who knows the answer.

Thanks,

Monika

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Hmmmm. I haven't seen this question on TUG before but I'll take a guess.

No, there isn't a rule that says there must be inventory available exactly at the 13-mos mark so I'd say your guess may be correct, that whatever could be available in advance of the 12-mos mark has already been taken by folks who used them in a string.

I wouldn't wait until the 12-mos mark to call again, though. If your window opens on Monday then I'd call that day right at 9AM and thereafter a couple times a week through the month before the 12-mos inventory is made available. Your 13-mos advantage lasts through that month, after all, and you never know why or when a week will be cancelled by another owner and/or made available by Marriott for some other reason.

What surprises me in your post is that a VOA was willing to look at inventory for you without your reservation window being open. I've never had a rep agree to do that (and I'm not sure I'd trust what they say if they do agree to it.)

Good luck!

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
I want to make 2 reservations this coming Monday for January 19th 2013. Both reservations will start the same day so I am requesting concurrent weeks. I spoke with my VOA today and he looked in the system and said he couldn't see any weeks available for one of the reservations I want to make on Monday. The week after was available, but not the week in question.

My question is, if he can't see the week I want currently in the system before the 13 month mark, will there be more opening up at the exact 13 month window? Or, have all the 13 month reservations for that week been taken by people that have strung their weeks together?

I know about the 1/2 units available at the 13 month mark and 1/2 units available at the 12 month mark rule, but is there a rule holding units for the exact 13 month mark, or am I already out of luck and have to wait until the 12 month mark?

Hopefully I have explained my question well and there is someone who knows the answer.

Thanks,

Monika

I would call regardless of what you were told today. Remember if someone owns three or more weeks they may have called last week or even earlier and gotten consecutive weeks which would include the weeks you want. I own three weeks in Aruba and I always book wks 50, 51, and 52. Then the following week I flip the week 50 for a second week 52. If it doesn't work I go for the 12 month window. I have often gotten representatives who do not know what they are talking about. So, call on the 19th. If there is a problem ask for a supervisor. They can often fix the issue. Good luck!

molemay

TUG Member
Reaction score
What he was going to do was use another of my Marriott weeks that I don't need to book right now so that I could book 3 weeks today instead of waiting for Monday, making a reservation a week before the other two. That is when he noticed that one of the weeks I wanted was not available. Funny, it was available for the week after the week I want which is what made me wonder if all availability at the 13 month mark is already gone.

He was being very creative without my asking. I should have thought about the idea he was pushing a few weeks ago and tried what he was suggesting. Next year I will know better.

I'll call Monday as planned, and if I don't get what I want first thing, I will keep calling back and see if someone cancels the week I want. If nothing else, I will book the week I want online at the 12 month mark online.

Thanks again,

Monika

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
It definitely is possible that a week that is further out than 13 weeks is already booked solid. I know last year that a few owners reported being shut out trying to reserve prime January and February weeks in Hawaii when it was further than 13 months out from the consecutive week that they were looking to reserve.

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
It definitely is possible that a week that is further out than 13 weeks is already booked solid. I know last year that a few owners reported being shut out trying to reserve prime January and February weeks in Hawaii when it was further than 13 months out from the consecutive week that they were looking to reserve.

I had this problem last year trying to get a February week at the Maui Ocean Club (Lahaina/Napili Towers). I ended up having to get one of my desired weeks at the 12-month mark. OP, is that where you are trying to reserve?

Last edited:

molemay

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yep. I'm trying to get my Ocean Front Maui unit in the Lahaina Towers. I don't think it will be that hard at 12 months because I can do it online. I just wanted it taken care of as soon as possible.

Monika