• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Food Delivery Services

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
Stater Bros has a store not far away, and it was one of the ones I tried this morning. Did the same thing you mentioned, putting one item into the cart and then "shopping the stores" for an opening (tried SB, Ralphs, Vons, Albertsons, even Aldi, which is about 12 miles away). But I got lucky with a nearby Albertsons this evening.

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I was never able to get a delivery slot that I wanted with Instacart. We live in South Bay. Some grocery stores were quite crowded but luckily not the ones near where we live. The other day I went to Safeway in Los Altos around 3 pm and there were barely any customers. I wore disposable gloves & face mask and practiced social distancing. In and out of the store in less than 15 min. Lucky is even closer to me and about the same emptiness when I went a week ago around noon.

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lucky is even closer to me and about the same emptiness when I went a week ago around noon.
Wow, didn't even know Lucky was still around! We used to have them many years ago in San Diego.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just looked at this offer. It’s now just two 5oz for $25 or two 6oz for $30. Really doesn’t sound like much of a deal to me.

For the post about https://www.butcherbox.com, I’m also on their waitlist but I have a friend who has ordered from them for a long time and says it’s excellent. Also, when comparing to Omaha, one is grass fed and the other corn fed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Omaha Steak $19.99 sale product codes: Search these product codes:
1144EA: 4 Bacon Wrapped Fillets Mignons (5 ounce)
1196EA: 4 Filet Mignons (4 ounce)
197EA: 4 Tri-Tip Steaks (5 ounce)
2671EA: 4 Bacon-Wrapped Bistro Steaks (5 ounce)
617EA: 8 Gourmet Burgers (5 ounce)
2662EA: 4 Filet Mignon Burgers (5.3 ounce)
1547EA: Beef Sirloin Tips (2 1lb packages)
942EA: 8 Boneless chicken breasts (2 pounds)

Delivery is taking a while, the order I placed over the weekend won't be delivered until the 8th with regular shipping which is $20.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am reviving this thread since it has been a while I would like to give an update. As you may be aware that I do not go to the stores at all.

- Meat. Butcherbox continues to ROCK and delivers as promised. The meat comes frozen and still with a full bag of dry ice when the box arrives. The quality of their meat is very good. My 2nd box which was delivered 2 weeks ago had about 50 lbs of meat.

- Produce. Farmboxdirect was not too good. The produce came cold but items were underwhelming. For the price it was not worth it. I then tried Harvest Delivery out of California and it was a straight failing grade, if there is a number below 0 they would get it. Tomorrow I am excited to be getting a box from Talley Farms out of California. They have great reviews and no negative posts on FB. Pictures look really good. They communicate well and I even get in email details of where every produce comes from - which farm and what sort of strawberry etc. My box is being shipped today and will arrive tomorrow and it cannot get better than that where we live. The previous 2 companies took 3 to 4 days to get their produce to us and half the items had to be thrown out on arrival.

- Imperfect Foods. I have been dying to try them out but I was put on their waitlist, until today. I received an email today that we will be getting our first delivery on Tuesday. I am excited. Impecfect Foods supposedly also has other sort of grocery staples besides fruits and vegetables.

We plan to keep using Butcherbox, Talley Farms and Imperfect Foods for as long as we are Shelter-In-Place.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
We used the InstaCart delivery from our local Publix. It's really labor intensive to build your cart, so many options and you have to go thru each one at a time while you build your list. Then, once you have you list built, you get a text that your shopper has started. Then you get a text every time they have to substitute. It was really annoying, but my wife and I said if we were in the store we would have made all these substitutions ourselves. Probably 25% of our items got substituted. So, we are well stocked up with most items, but to supplement the steak, pork, filet, lobster, etc, I placed an order with Omaha Steaks. Paper products are available on-line. We will not be lacking for anything.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
- Imperfect Foods. I have been dying to try them out but I was put on their waitlist, until today. I received an email today that we will be getting our first delivery on Tuesday. I am excited. Impecfect Foods supposedly also has other sort of grocery staples besides fruits and vegetables.

Imperfect Foods is still doing great for me. I received a delivery today, which included all sorts of veggies and seasoned pork ribs, lamb tamales, ground turkey, chicken breast, Atlantic salmon fillets, steelhead trout, bacon, top sirloin steak, Angelic Bakehouse 7-grain bread, and more. They were only out of one of my selected items this week so not too bad.

Note that when my box is available to order each week even if I review at the moment it’s open to order there are a lot of items already sold out. I’ve learned to add everything I think I might want and then remove it over the next day or two since by then it may not be available to order.

I was going to order from butcher box or others but if imperfect foods is able to continue delivering protein like the last few weeks I don’t see the point (and besides, my freezer is already full...).

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I am reviving this thread since it has been a while I would like to give an update. As you may be aware that I do not go to the stores at all.

- Meat. Butcherbox continues to ROCK and delivers as promised. The meat comes frozen and still with a full bag of dry ice when the box arrives. The quality of their meat is very good. My 2nd box which was delivered 2 weeks ago had about 50 lbs of meat.

- Produce. Farmboxdirect was not too good. The produce came cold but items were underwhelming. For the price it was not worth it. I then tried Harvest Delivery out of California and it was a straight failing grade, if there is a number below 0 they would get it. Tomorrow I am excited to be getting a box from Talley Farms out of California. They have great reviews and no negative posts on FB. Pictures look really good. They communicate well and I even get in email details of where every produce comes from - which farm and what sort of strawberry etc. My box is being shipped today and will arrive tomorrow and it cannot get better than that where we live. The previous 2 companies took 3 to 4 days to get their produce to us and half the items had to be thrown out on arrival.

We plan to keep using Butcherbox, Talley Farms and Imperfect Foods for as long as we are Shelter-In-Place.
Imperfect Foods is still doing great for me. I received a delivery today, which included all sorts of veggies and seasoned pork ribs, lamb tamales, ground turkey, chicken breast, Atlantic salmon fillets, steelhead trout, bacon, top sirloin steak, Angelic Bakehouse 7-grain bread, and more. They were only out of one of my selected items this week so not too bad.

Note that when my box is available to order each week even if I review at the moment it’s open to order there are a lot of items already sold out. I’ve learned to add everything I think I might want and then remove it over the next day or two since by then it may not be available to order.

I was going to order from butcher box or others but if imperfect foods is able to continue delivering protein like the last few weeks I don’t see the point (and besides, my freezer is already full...).

I am so jealous, Imperfect foods does not deliver to my area. I gave them my email to notify me if they ever do.

Tomorrow for the first time I get a local delivery from farmfreshcarolinas.com. I was on a wait list for awhile. They get produce from various organic farms in my area plus fresh eggs. I tried Farmboxdirect and it was horrible. The local meat farm is out of all the basics so waiting for that too.

Also will probably splurge and order fresh seafood next week from the Eaton Fish Market in Key West.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Do you opt for regular or organic? I had initially put in organic but I want to make sure it does not limit my choices of other staples? Is that how it works in that if you pick organic you only see organic produce and meat?

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Do you opt for regular or organic? I had initially put in organic but I want to make sure it does not limit my choices of other staples? Is that how it works in that if you pick organic you only see organic produce and meat?

No, you see everything. I have it set to organic and that’s what it defaults most items to when it starts, but I often order conventional items, too. It’s completely flexible. But if you don’t modify it, they’ll send the default selection based on your box type and size.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
No, you see everything. I have it set to organic and that’s what it defaults most items to when it starts, but I often order conventional items, too. It’s completely flexible. But if you don’t modify it, they’ll send the default selection based on your box type and size.

Thanks! I think I will change it back to organic.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Talley Farms delivered our farm produce today. Wow! I have never had such fresh and good looking fruits and vegetables. Box was packed and picked up by GLS their courier last night at 8:30pm and the box arrived at 1pm, one state over. 2 ice packs were still super cold and all produce were fresh and cold. I have eaten half box of the strawberries - tasty and ripe. The cauliflower is spotless, and I have never seen one which is spotless ever. Butter lettuce and spinach are super fresh, healthy and clean. Blueberries and apples look great. The box of mixed color cherry tomatoes is beautiful. We don't eat red beets and we took them over to our neighbors and they commented that they had never seen such good looking beets. If you live in the the west coast region and looking for great farm produce, they are it.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Talley Farms delivered our farm produce today. Wow! I have never had such fresh and good looking fruits and vegetables. Box was packed and picked up by GLS their courier last night at 8:30pm and the box arrived at 1pm, one state over. 2 ice packs were still super cold and all produce were fresh and cold. I have eaten half box of the strawberries - tasty and ripe. The cauliflower is spotless, and I have never seen one which is spotless ever. Butter lettuce and spinach are super fresh, healthy and clean. Blueberries and apples look great. The box of mixed color cherry tomatoes is beautiful. We don't eat red beets and we took them over to our neighbors and they commented that they had never seen such good looking beets. If you live in the the west coast region and looking for great farm produce, they are it.

Sounds great. I would want to customize a box, since I don't eat all types, and it seems they don't permit that right now.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
To surprise us, my SS had the components of a D-I-Y meal delivered via instacart.
DW told the driver that it must be a mistake and asked the name on the order.
DW said, "He lives in Tampa." The driver said, "I'm not driving 2 hrs. to Tampa."

The meal consisted of cherry tomatoes, corn on the cob, asparagus, and ribeyes.

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
To surprise us, my SS had the components of a D-I-Y meal delivered via instacart.
DW told the driver that it must be a mistake and asked the name on the order.
DW said, "He lives in Tampa." The driver said, "I'm not driving 2 hrs. to Tampa."

The meal consisted of cherry tomatoes, corn on the cob, asparagus, and ribeyes.
Nice! Good on him! I got the same idea when DW had said she was craving steak, so I surprised her. Instacart delivered the ribeye, corn on the cob, and Italian bread (for garlic bread) today.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Super happy. Got my first imperfectfoods order in today!
View attachment 20051

Not sure it’s available for you, but I received the Steelhead Trout this week and it wasn’t that great and won’t be ordering it again. I’m making their lamb tamales tonight.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure it’s available for you, but I received the Steelhead Trout this week and it wasn’t that great and won’t be ordering it again. I’m making their lamb tamales tonight.

Maybe availability is regional dependent as I didn't see steelhead trout in the offering this week and I will keep that in mind not to order. I also did not see any ready to cook food like lamb tamales either. I will also keep my weekly Talley Farms box as the quality is better than anything we have bought from the store or otherwise.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Maybe availability is regional dependent as I didn't see steelhead trout in the offering this week and I will keep that in mind not to order. I also did not see any ready to cook food like lamb tamales either. I will also keep my weekly Talley Farms box as the quality is better than anything we have bought from the store or otherwise.

Yes, availability is regional and they sometimes only have items for one week.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Super happy. Got my first imperfectfoods order in today!
Glad that work for you, but the prices would indicate services like this are really for the people who have above average disposable income. $12.50 for a gallon of milk? When the national average is a little over $3/gallon, I don't think the average family sheltering at home, out of work, could afford anything like this.

Kurt

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Glad that work for you, but the prices would indicate services like this are really for the people who have above average disposable income. $12.50 for a gallon of milk? When the national average is a little over $3/gallon, I don't think the average family sheltering at home, out of work, could afford anything like this.

Kurt

I don’t order milk, and don’t even recall seeing it available (but it’s quite possible I just skipped it). I have bought eggs for $2.99/dz, Grass-Fed 85% Lean Ground Beef (16 oz) for $6.49, 1 lb cage free ground turkey for $5.49, 1 lb norwegian Atlantic salmon for $9.99, 14oz chicken breast for $4.49, Tyson Open Prairie Center Cut Top Sirloin Steak (5 oz) for $3.49, etc. Some of these items were less expensive just a week or two ago. They also have Angelic Bakehouse breads for $2.99 on occasion.

In my area it’s difficult to find similar quality at these prices, though it is possible. The convenience of having it delivered, especially now, is worth more to me.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort

Kurt
A lot of the items are priced actually less then what you get in the stores. That brand milk is expensive in the stores too.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Kurt

I rarely buy milk so I don't know how much it costs at a regular grocer. I buy milk occasionally to make mashed potatoes. There was a cheaper milk that was offered at 64 oz but it was sold out when I went in to put in my order.

The prices are about the same as what we get at grocery stores here when looking at the same brand or grass-fed, organic etc quality. Some of the items which I frequently buy at the store are higher than prices at imperfectfoods which were in my order this week. These are imperfectfood prices.
- Bell peppers 3 for $2.99
- Cara Cara oranges 2 for $1.49
- Organic cucumber 2 for $1.29
- Opah 1 lb for $11.99. The only place which I have found this fish is at Whole Foods for around $20 per lb.
- Avocados 3 for $2.49.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
A lot of the items are priced actually less then what you get in the stores. That brand milk is expensive in the stores too.
I agree. Many of the items we ordered via InstaCart were discounted from the stock shelf price. Even after the fees and such, I think we got a good deal for the most part. My problem was how labor intensive is was to build my shopping list, given having to view EVERY item and select. Then when they started picking my items many of them were not available and they kept texting me to approve substitutions. We agreed the substitutions were what we would select in the store, but the overall process was kind of annoying