• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Food Delivery Services

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
- Opah 1 lb for $11.99. The only place which I have found this fish is at Whole Foods for around $20 per lb.

I ordered this for Tuesday delivery, and am looking forward to it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I ordered this for Tuesday delivery, and am looking forward to it!

I ordered it too. I love Opah but don't buy it too often as Whole Foods does not always carry it or that I feel that it is a bit too pricey. The last time I saw it at Whole Foods was like $24.99 per pound.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Second week I received my order of organic vegetables, fruit and eggs from

I will continue ordering from them even as I return to supermarkets. I am extremely happy with the quality and price and happy that they support as many local farmers as possible. They also let me easily sub for items I do not care for.

If you live in Charlotte NC and surrounding area in SC check them out. They are that good.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yesterday was my first delivery from Imperfect Foods and unfortunately I was somewhat disappointed. The delivery window was given as 12pm to 8pm. By 7pm, there was no signs of the delivery and their application system showed that my next delivery would now be the following week. WTH?

After alot of angst and Imperfect Foods chat was offline by late evening, a customer service person finally responded and indicated that my order was delivered and she sent me a picture, which I identified as outside of one of the gates at our condo building. Basically the driver thought that by simply leaving the boxes outside the building it was considered as delivery being completed. No phone call to me and no phone call to their customer service people about not being able to get into the building.

The items that were delivered were of good quality. The next issue was that it was missing 4 items. These were in addition to an email that I was notified that they were out of 2 of the items on my order. I told the same customer service person about the missing items and she said that they would not charge for the missing items and would provide feedback to their packing people.

Our conclusion is that we won't be using Imperfect Foods too frequently. We will put in an order here and there for items that we really need like onions. Talley Farms continues to be solid, delivering the best produce we have ever had and we will continue to use Butcherbox for meats.

Last edited:

critterchick

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had luck with Stater Brothers. Not sure if there are any nearby. I haven't had any luck with Sprouts or Vons.

One other thing, I put one thing in my cart then check for delivery instead of shopping for 20 minutes only to find out that it can't be delivered.

I'm in LA County. The other day I had my first Instacart order. Their prices on some items were considerably higher that what I would normally pay, and when I saw the receipt it cost them about $25 less than what I would have paid if I had gone in through the Vons website, where I could have used my phone number for the Vons Club discounts (Instacart got to pocket all of those). So I will try that the next time I get a delivery. I am comfortable going to the store masked up and staying away from others - I work from home so can go at off-peak times.

I will say that the shopper was terrific - he had to make a lot of substitutions, but they were mostly around the original price point, so I approved them. The produce was all fresh (that's what I worry about the most - I don't want somebody who just grabs the first item).

Brett

Reaction score
I noticed in my mother's northern Virginia condo many people were using this food delivery service
https://www.peapod.com

- probably because it's owned by Giant which has many stores in the area

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I’ve been going to my local Von’s about 11am and the changes they have in place have made me comfortable. There is a person stationed at the door sanitizing carts and making sure people are wearing masks. Aisles are marked one way now and checkout has the floor stickers every 6 feet with a line adjacent to the checkstands so people aren’t lining up down the aisles.

Yesterday I even got TP and hand sanitizer, the craziness seems to have subsided. There were very few people shopping, not crowded at all.

Last month I drove up to the Pavillions near NCV because it was not crowded there.

I tried Costco delivery and it was useless, everything I selected was out of stock. I haven’t been to Costco in 8 weeks, its still crazy lines there in Fountain Valley. I have an appointment to get tires installed next week, may try going in while they work on the car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm in LA County. The other day I had my first Instacart order. Their prices on some items were considerably higher that what I would normally pay, and when I saw the receipt it cost them about $25 less than what I would have paid if I had gone in through the Vons website, where I could have used my phone number for the Vons Club discounts (Instacart got to pocket all of those). So I will try that the next time I get a delivery. I am comfortable going to the store masked up and staying away from others - I work from home so can go at off-peak times.

I will say that the shopper was terrific - he had to make a lot of substitutions, but they were mostly around the original price point, so I approved them. The produce was all fresh (that's what I worry about the most - I don't want somebody who just grabs the first item).
I have also found some of the items sometimes are less through them, then at the store.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think all the craziness on stocking up has passed. Today I went to see if any delivery dates for mom in NYC were available. Usually I had to wait a long time if I could get a slot. Today all the stores were available for delivery Today and any day during the next week.

Here in SC same thing, usually same day available.

I was going to venture into a grocery, during slow time, that doesn’t have delivery or curb side to get my hard to get gluten free items. Whole Foods and Sprouts were the stores that I thought I could find them at. Checked online and called and they don’t carry them so I will need to order online. I miss Earth Fare that went bankrupt. They had everything I love. If they only held out a few weeks they probably would have survived.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Yesterday was my first delivery from Imperfect Foods and unfortunately I was somewhat disappointed. The delivery window was given as 12pm to 8pm. By 7pm, there was no signs of the delivery and their application system showed that my next delivery would now be the following week. WTH?

After alot of angst and Imperfect Foods chat was offline by late evening, a customer service person finally responded and indicated that my order was delivered and she sent me a picture, which I identified as outside of one of the gates at our condo building. Basically the driver thought that by simply leaving the boxes outside the building it was considered as delivery being completed. No phone call to me and no phone call to their customer service people about not being able to get into the building.

The items that were delivered were of good quality. The next issue was that it was missing 4 items. These were in addition to an email that I was notified that they were out of 2 of the items on my order. I told the same customer service person about the missing items and she said that they would not charge for the missing items and would provide feedback to their packing people.

Our conclusion is that we won't be using Imperfect Foods too frequently. We will put in an order here and there for items that we really need like onions. Talley Farms continues to be solid, delivering the best produce we have ever had and we will continue to use Butcherbox for meats.

I’ve had issues with their drop off location and have written them about it. I know others with a similar issue. They do leave it at the door of whatever they think is appropriate. This week I met the driver (they do text when close, and that has been working consistently, so keep your phone close when you expect them) and he took the boxes where I needed it. My neighbor also receives a delivery from them, so he brought all the boxes with in one trip.

As I’m sure I wrote earlier, they sometimes do miss items. A quick email and they credit it. I think their inventory has been constrained lately, so it’s quite understandable. The last week or so has been much better and I received everything ordered less those items which they emailed in advance saying were out of stock (this week the only item they didn’t have was hummus).

As always, YMMV. Personally, I’ve adjusted my expectations from all delivery services and have been much happier over the last month because of that.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Farmboxdirect.com which I used once and was extremely disappointed with just sent me a $20 discount to order again. Even with the discount it is not worth it. For the money I hardly got anything and the quality of what I received was bad.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I’ve had issues with their drop off location and have written them about it. I know others with a similar issue. They do leave it at the door of whatever they think is appropriate. This week I met the driver (they do text when close, and that has been working consistently, so keep your phone close when you expect them) and he took the boxes where I needed it. My neighbor also receives a delivery from them, so he brought all the boxes with in one trip.

As I’m sure I wrote earlier, they sometimes do miss items. A quick email and they credit it. I think their inventory has been constrained lately, so it’s quite understandable. The last week or so has been much better and I received everything ordered less those items which they emailed in advance saying were out of stock (this week the only item they didn’t have was hummus).

As always, YMMV. Personally, I’ve adjusted my expectations from all delivery services and have been much happier over the last month because of that.

I hear you. After doing all the chasing down of where my boxes were, I found 2 texts on my phone from Imperfect Food and they were not from the driver. (Auto-Message. Do not reply) were on the texts messages, one to say that delivery was getting near and the other one was that the delivery was completed. The customer service person whom I was on email with said that she was going to put notes in the system about delivery to my home. In reality I have no issue if the driver wants to leave the boxes outside of the building but if I know where to find, I can go looking the next time I get a delivery. The frustrating part is that in my account, Imperfect Foods indicated that FedEx was going to do the delivery. I checked my FedEx account yesterday and there was nothing scheduled from Imperfect Foods. FedEx, UPS, OnTrac and even Amazon drivers, have codes into our building. We do change our codes to the building every few months so I have no issue going out to collect my boxes if that's what they will do in the future. I just need to know.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I hear you. After doing all the chasing down of where my boxes were, I found 2 texts on my phone from Imperfect Food and they were not from the driver. (Auto-Message. Do not reply) were on the texts messages, one to say that delivery was getting near and the other one was that the delivery was completed. The customer service person whom I was on email with said that she was going to put notes in the system about delivery to my home. In reality I have no issue if the driver wants to leave the boxes outside of the building but if I know where to find, I can go looking the next time I get a delivery. The frustrating part is that in my account, Imperfect Foods indicated that FedEx was going to do the delivery. I checked my FedEx account yesterday and there was nothing scheduled from Imperfect Foods. FedEx, UPS, OnTrac and even Amazon drivers, have codes into our building. We do change our codes to the building every few months so I have no issue going out to collect my boxes if that's what they will do in the future. I just need to know.

Ok, a few things to keep in mind.

The only texts I received from IF were those automated messages. I don’t think it’s reasonable to assume you would receive a text from the driver - they’re on a route, the system knows where they are and sends the texts automatically. So far, it’s been accurate.

There’s a comments field in your account somewhere (I forget exactly where) so you may enter building codes or other delivery requests. That’s the way the driver gets into my building, but sure, sometimes they ignore the request regarding delivery location. It’s easier for them to leave it at the front of the building, so that’s what they do. But, each time I’ve met them the driver has been very accommodating at taking it wherever I want. So, I’ve learned to meet them. Problem solved.

I don’t know anything about fedex delivery... IF always delivers to me.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Costco same day has been my first and only delivery I have used. They have been terrific. I usually order the day before and specifically select the first deliver slot in the morning which is 7 - 9 am. I find they have stocked overnight and there is a better chance of getting items.

Last week I ordered Wed afternoon for Thurs delivery. (This easy availability is a TX thing, other locations I hear take longer.) This week they arrived at my house at 6:55 am. They even texted me asking me if I want sanitizing wipes as they had some in stock.

It has been great, as I have not been out since early march. I order for myself, and I order for my 85 year old next door neighbor.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok, a few things to keep in mind.

The only texts I received from IF were those automated messages. I don’t think it’s reasonable to assume you would receive a text from the driver - they’re on a route, the system knows where they are and sends the texts automatically. So far, it’s been accurate.

There’s a comments field in your account somewhere (I forget exactly where) so you may enter building codes or other delivery requests. That’s the way the driver gets into my building, but sure, sometimes they ignore the request regarding delivery location. It’s easier for them to leave it at the front of the building, so that’s what they do. But, each time I’ve met them the driver has been very accommodating at taking it wherever I want. So, I’ve learned to meet them. Problem solved.

I don’t know anything about fedex delivery... IF always delivers to me.

I did look for comments field and did not find. I will look again. I do have standing delivery instructions in my Amazon account so that their drivers can get my stuff to my home.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Today I tried Amazon Fresh again and went all the way to the last step and it showed delivery windows of today and tomorrow and none on Tuesday. I was SHOCKED that they had availability. I had encountered "No delivery window" everytime I tried in the past, hence I had to look for alternative grocery online shopping. Even Whole Foods now has delivery windows available for us and in the past we got the message that Whole Foods was not delivering to our area. Whole Foods is utilizing local shoppers much like Instacart but they do not use Instacart shoppers. Amazon Fresh packs and delivers from their local warehouse for produce and it does suggest a tip for the driver.

I am thrilled that we now have another option and I went ahead and put in an order to be delivered tomorrow. We even found prime grade Ribeye on Amazon Fresh. I think with Amazon Fresh being available to us we are going to stop Butcherbox altogether.

alexpaul

Reaction score
As mentioned in other threads, many of us are ordering food from various delivery services. I thought we should have a dedicated thread on this topic, so we can share info and opinions on quality etc.

This is not the thread to discuss delivery services employee compensation nor the services policy on health preparedness for their staff. If you want to discuss that, especially given the recent news of Instacart strikes, go to another thread. It’s absolutely a worthwhile topic to be informed about, but this is not the place for it. Thanks.

To start, I’ve been using instacart for deliveries from local markets and https://sameday.costco.com for Costco deliveries (which is run by Instacart). In Los Angeles, I’ve found that for two weeks I placed an order on Sunday and it gets scheduled to arrive on Friday or Saturday. However, last week I was able to get a same day delivery, so I think they improved their staffing, etc.

Also, I subscribed to www.imperfectfoods.com for fresh produce delivered weekly (or biweekly), which I found to be excellent! It’s not available in all areas (I had friends in south Florida who wanted it, but they don’t operate there). I have a referral code to save $10 off your first order (and they give me $10), but I’m not sure it’s TUG policy to post those types of links, so if you want it just PM me (I assume that’s permitted...if not, someone tell me and I’ll edit this post).

A few days ago I received an order from Porto’s (https://www.portosbakery.com) based here in LA but they will ship anywhere. I haven’t tried it yet as it went straight into my freezer, but I plan to this week. If you aren’t familiar with them, Porto’s is an institution...an absolutely fantastic bakery. They are offering a limited selection to order for delivery. The package arrives with dry ice to keep it cold, and is shipped quickly.

I’ve also ordered some food products from Amazon, Rite Aid, and others, but of course selection is limited and all prepackaged long shelf life items.

What delivery services are you using?

I use fitness kitchen LA( https://fitnesskitchenla.com/ ). They are really good and gave me good results within weeks. As Im a sportsperson I need a good diet to stay fit, and FKLA is doing a great job in keeping me fit. They are also affordable compared to much other delivery services.