• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Food and Wine never seems to end at Disney World, right?

nomoretslt

Reaction score
Epcot F&W had a lanyard one year…..we picked the most expensive drinks and actually came out ahead….and also a little tipsy. Not like us usually. Still no word on Party for the Senses this October or any regional lunches. Two really great things….they have not brought them back yet. The regional lunch at Monsieur Paul’s was outstanding.
im going to keep the one at sea world in mind for next year. We heard great things about it also.

maggiesmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Food & Wine 2023 starts July 27 - Nov 18.2023(114 Days :oops:)
Just a thought:
Do you think or believe that Disney should shorten the time frame down to 30days??

I know Disney wants the money, but that's a lot of days. Seems too long

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Epcot is simply in a perpetual festival with only a few days between for turnover. They would be better to celebrate the small gaps as attendance is usually a bit lower during those...

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
It used to be shorter - they have extended it since they are making money. It does give everyone a chance to "experience" it but I find it's not as "special/exclusive/limited" anymore. Look at Mickey Very Scary Halloween Party......they have started way too early for these too - but they sell tickets. So why not.

For us, we stand in enough lines waiting for a ride when it's hot. We are not waiting in line in the heat for food more than a minute or two. We go during the Fall and do not go to the food booths during the day. We enjoy the concerts more than the food now.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Disney had Casting Crowns performing last week, and Bruce Springsteen was the last couple of nights. That is worth being in the park to see. But we missed it because our grandkids had to go back for naps. Too bad because I wanted to stay. With Rick pushing me in the wheelchair, due to my broken foot, he also needed naps on those days.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Disney had Casting Crowns performing last week, and Bruce Springsteen was the last couple of nights. That is worth being in the park to see. But we missed it because our grandkids had to go back for naps. Too bad because I wanted to stay. With Rick pushing me in the wheelchair, due to my broken foot, he also needed naps on those days.
I think you mean Rick Springfield? Bruce would be too much of a draw and the park would have been sold out on reservations.

schoolmarm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA, Bali Hai, and National Harbor; Summit at Massanutten
I just got back from Orlando and was looking to see if Food and Wine was going on or if there were any special events...NOTHING for the 2nd week of March.
I just stayed in my resort and enjoyed the pool. I was really going to go to Epcot for the Guardians of the Galaxy coaster and Food and Wine, but NOPE.

Went in mid-August 2022 and got to enjoy both Food and Wine and Mickey's not so Scary Halloween! What fun, until we got COVID!

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I think you mean Rick Springfield? Bruce would be too much of a draw and the park would have been sold out on reservations.
That's the one. I am sorry for having my head foggy with allergies (or the start of a cold). Yes, my mind was saying one thing and typing another. My DIL was very excited to see him, but the twins are too tired to last through a concert. And they would be bored, unless it was music from Sing or Sing 2. Then they would be dancing.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
That's the one. I am sorry for having my head foggy with allergies (or the start of a cold). Yes, my mind was saying one thing and typing another. My DIL was very excited to see him, but the twins are too tired to last through a concert. And they would be bored, unless it was music from Sing or Sing 2. Then they would be dancing.
The concerts are only about 30 minutes, 40 max. We saw a lot of great ones last year. Not sure how many we will make it to this year.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The concerts are only about 30 minutes, 40 max. We saw a lot of great ones last year. Not sure how many we will make it to this year.
One of the twins, our little Olivia, is so scared of the rides, and the noise in the parks bothers her. She was also scared to death of the Pooh characters at The Crystal Palace yesterday. We pay a lot for that average food, just to have her terrified of the giant stuffed animals. She was terrified of every ride we took her on. Remy is apparently the scariest ride ever! It's just no fun for her at all. Xavier is excited to meet all of the characters and laughs and hugs them, while Olivia grips onto my clothes. He also loves the rides. He is all smiles.

colamedia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Still no word on Party for the Senses this October or any regional lunches. Two really great things….they have not brought them back yet. The regional lunch at Monsieur Paul’s was outstanding.
Oh I loved the Monsieur Paul’s Regional french family lunch! The staff seemed to really enjoy the more relaxed atmosphere too.
I went to F&W last year and it just wasn't the same without Party for the Senses and a special meal or two. My most memorable meal wasn't strictly a F&W one, it was a Golden Oak thing open to the general public, they had them in various locations one year. I got to go to one they called "The Tree Farm dinner" it was in a garden shed where they grew all the topiaries, they were half way through getting them ready for the garden festival, either not fully covered or very wild and not trimmed yet. The meal was all farm to table and AMAZING. It was an interesting adventure getting to and from the tree farm too, uber driver refusing to believe we were going to the location, and getting picked up after was challenging to put it mildly.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
We went to Party for the Senses one year. It was like being back in college but with people in their 30s and 40s. I was not shy around the booze back then, but holy cow. When folks have a time limit to “get their money’s worth,” they do it with gusto

For example, there were women around our age employing the “boot and rally” technique. I would not have believed it except that my wife saw it in person.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We went to Party for the Senses one year. It was like being back in college but with people in their 30s and 40s. I was not shy around the booze back then, but holy cow. When folks have a time limit to “get their money’s worth,” they do it with gusto

For example, there were women around our age employing the “boot and rally” technique. I would not have believed it except that my wife saw it in person.
What is that?

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned