• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Food and Wine never seems to end at Disney World, right?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Any excuse to make $5.50 on a niblet of food, which I don't pay, unless it's maple fudge from the Canada booth. I can get the maple popcorn with my refillable bucket and actually share with the grandkids for a lot less money.

The tipsy people in Epcot's World Showcase have all year long, pretty much, to celebrate food and wine and beer because the fun never ends. Disney went from mobile booths to fairly permanent ones throughout the "countries."

Epcot is not my favorite park anymore. I love the Remy ride in France, and the Frozen ride is a favorite of the grandkids. They all even love the Mexico ride with no wait. I still love Biergarten when the kids go with us, but one of our sons doesn't get the food at all. He is more of a hamburger or steak guy.

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have done F&G and F&W for many years. Two/three evenings our dinner was from from the booths. We wanted to try all the booths.

It has become practically an all year event (Art Festival). After many years, it has worn off a bit. We still go and enjoy Epcot on most nights - love the concerts. The food booths we pick and choose what we want here and there. A snack, something new to try but for the most part, my husband needs a meal so a QS or TS meal is a must.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
We have done F&G and F&W for many years. Two/three evenings our dinner was from from the booths. We wanted to try all the booths.

It has become practically an all year event (Art Festival). After many years, it has worn off a bit. We still go and enjoy Epcot on most nights - love the concerts. The food booths we pick and choose what we want here and there. A snack, something new to try but for the most part, my husband needs a meal so a QS or TS meal is a must.
I really loved Space 220, but that is one expensive lunch. Hamburgers are crazy priced, but so good, and we went three times in one trip because our DIL kept getting us reservations. The steak was excellent as well. The babies needed some quiet time, and the atmosphere is not loud and not bright being deep in space. I am hoping that 17 months is a more energetic age for the twins. They were grumpy at 10 months.

We go very soon, next week. Even our son is not really into the food booths. He would rather get fish and chips from that stand that is always there.

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort; Wyndham Bonnet Creek; Wyndham Bali Hai; Wyndham Canterbury; Wyndham Grand Desert; Marriott Grand Chateau
Any excuse to make $5.50 on a niblet of food, which I don't pay, unless it's maple fudge from the Canada booth. I can get the maple popcorn with my refillable bucket and actually share with the grandkids for a lot less money.

The tipsy people in Epcot's World Showcase have all year long, pretty much, to celebrate food and wine and beer because the fun never ends. Disney went from mobile booths to fairly permanent ones throughout the "countries."

Epcot is not my favorite park anymore. I love the Remy ride in France, and the Frozen ride is a favorite of the grandkids. They all even love the Mexico ride with no wait. I still love Biergarten when the kids go with us, but one of our sons doesn't get the food at all. He is more of a hamburger or steak guy.
My wife and I don’t drink and agree with you about how annoying it is to have all the drunk people around WS at night, but hard disagree about the food booths. Walking around the showcase and sharing a few $5.50-$8 tapas in lieu of dinner is **significantly** cheaper than a table service restaurant, and cheaper even than most of the counter-service places. Plus some (but not all) of those dishes are quite good.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
It has been over 35 years since we’ve been to Epcot. One of the best meals I’ve ever eaten was dinner at the restaurant in the Moroccan pavilion. It was absolutely fabulous and we bought Moroccan pastries to take home to family the next day.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It has been over 35 years since we’ve been to Epcot. One of the best meals I’ve ever eaten was dinner at the restaurant in the Moroccan pavilion. It was absolutely fabulous and we bought Moroccan pastries to take home to family the next day.
Oh, yeah, the sit-down restaurant in Morocco is great. Our DIL and son are crazy for the food.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Epcot calendar:

Art and Food and Wine
Plants and Food and Wine
Food and Wine
Santas and Food and Wine.
The alcohol smell, too. I don't mind it, but I do have a son who is kind of triggered by that wine and beer smell. He is an alcoholic. He was searching for an AA meeting after one full day at Epcot.

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
We too loved the Moroccan restaurant, the one far back in the pavilion. We had our entire family there for my birthday a number of years ago. Their lamb was fantastic! We were sad when Covid did them in and Disney took over the space. We also loved the QS restaurant Tangierine Cafe - which Disney also took over and turned into one of their festival food booths . We do like the one on the lagoon, Spice Road Table, but it’s not nearly the same as the original one in the back.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It's a shame that restaurant met its end due to Covid, or maybe they are refurbishing? This last time, we went to the QS restaurant, and there was no line. It was good.

We have a lot of dining reservations for our trip starting next Saturday. Our daughter-in-law is trying the ones they haven't done in the past. I do love to try new things. I was surprised the Garden Grill has completely different food. I looked at the menu and it doesn't look that great. Last time we were there was about 8 years ago and we had turkey. No more turkey on the menu. Disappointing. So good!

How do you know if beverages are included in the price? Do you always have to ask?

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I really loved Space 220, but that is one expensive lunch. Hamburgers are crazy priced, but so good, and we went three times in one trip because our DIL kept getting us reservations. The steak was excellent as well. The babies needed some quiet time, and the atmosphere is not loud and not bright being deep in space. I am hoping that 17 months is a more energetic age for the twins. They were grumpy at 10 months.

We go very soon, next week. Even our son is not really into the food booths. He would rather get fish and chips from that stand that is always there.

We enjoyed Space 220. I am sure we will go again with a first timer :). There are some items in the booths that are a repeat for us. Some we like to try because they are new. Some I like, some my husband likes. We do split some. We go twice a year and since most of our nights are at Epcot, we try quiet a few each night - but they just now supplement our dinner/dessert.

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
One of my husband's favorite restaurants. We were sad to see it gone :(.

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
It's a shame that restaurant met its end due to Covid, or maybe they are refurbishing?
The Moroccan company that leased the space and operated the restaurant went bankrupt during Covid. Disney has used it for various things since then, including as a cooling center when masks were required. Maybe someday they’ll put a restaurant back there again.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A lot of people are upset over the Disney Dining Plan not coming back, but I priced it out one year, and since I don't order the most expensive thing on the menu, it was not a good value. I don't miss it at all, but Tables in Wonderland, that I do miss.

Limace

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC-Grand Californian
DVC-Animal Kingdom Kidani
Dining plan is back next year- though I agree, not a great value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
A lot of people are upset over the Disney Dining Plan not coming back, but I priced it out one year, and since I don't order the most expensive thing on the menu, it was not a good value. I don't miss it at all, but Tables in Wonderland, that I do miss.
Once upon a time (and in another forum), someone told me the 'secret' to buying the Dining Plan. If you enjoy dining at full service restaurants and have at least two people 15-25 in your party it saves a lot of money...otherwise they will eat you out of house and home. Now that we are bringing 'adult' kids and friends instead of tweens and grandparents, I see what they mean.

And I very much miss Tables in Wonderland as well.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I kind of knew they would bring back the DDP because of the "Snack" indications on QS restaurants and the food booths in Epcot. If they had no intention of bringing DDP back, the stickers would be gone. Now that would be a way to use the Snacks in the DDP.

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
The alcohol smell, too. I don't mind it, but I do have a son who is kind of triggered by that wine and beer smell. He is an alcoholic. He was searching for an AA meeting after one full day at Epcot.

I found that very noticeable when we were at Epcot. As more of a Disneyland person I was taken quite aback. We very rarely drink alcohol (and certainly never at a theme park) and hadn't realized how different the atmosphere would be at Epcot compared to the CA parks. Even California Adventureland (which does have more alcohol sales) is much more subdued on that front than Epcot.

Deb & Bill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - OKW, Sold BRV; Used to own Charter Club Marco Island
We used to enjoy the dining events where you would get a full meal, plus wine and good company. The first one we attended was a beer pairing (Unibroue beer) in Canada. After that one we did about three or four per trip.

But we haven't been to any of the parks in at least three years since we are not buying Disney passes anymore.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
With all the food booths, I now find World Showcase to be crowded. Not only do some of the booths cause bottlenecks, but you also have people lined up at them. I follow some of the Disney blogs and they all announce the NEW FOOD at the booths for every festival. Is it really NEW? Just the same Dixie Cup sized portions for way too much money. I am with you on the maple popcorn from Canada. For a little over two bucks, we get a refill and that is our food for the evening (we are APs and only go after work on weekdays).

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
I kind of knew they would bring back the DDP because of the "Snack" indications on QS restaurants and the food booths in Epcot. If they had no intention of bringing DDP back, the stickers would be gone. Now that would be a way to use the Snacks in the DDP.
They have been announcing the comeback for quite a bit of time now- (Josh D made the announcement 21 @ destinationD in Nov 21- “returning in 22) announced again this time as Jan 24 with a few changes no mention of deluxe and so far only full package deal, full rack rate rooms plus park tickets purchased through Disney, this would leave out most DVC & AP. Hopefully when details full details come out we are included.

- if they leave the DDP off for DVC rooms if kills my favorite Epcot snack hack…

prior to the shutdown each QS meal could be broken down at the booths around WS into 3 snack credits. Considering it was generally me and my 2 boys it worked out far better for us.

Janann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs
I'm going to digress a little bit here -- this is for anyone who is looking for something new at an Orlando food festival. A couple years ago my husband and I went to the Seven Seas Food Festival at Sea World. It is held in the spring every year. One thing that I liked about it was that you can buy a "sampler lanyard" so that you can pay in advance. I was expecting small food and alcohol portions, but trust me, there was plenty of food. The lanyard can be shared, so I spent around $60 (I think), and figured that would be enough to get both of us started. It was actually a lot more food than I expected, and some of it was delicious! My husband still talks about the fontina meatballs, and I remember the huge serving of cheesecake ice cream that finished me off for the day. Give it a try if you want something new!

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
you can buy a "sampler lanyard”
I do enjoy these most of the major park systems have some version -
Universal, Herschend, and Bushgardens…even Disneyland yet Epcot only offers the occasional festival gift card wrist band more as a collectible souvenir than a sampler…

The UO one was great during Mardi Gras and significant discount for pass holders