• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Follow My Journey as a Moderna Phase 3 COVID-19 Vaccine Participant

Finsadbel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ELARA, Las Vegas
Just got back from the Trial site. As I believed, I did receive the actual Vaccine back in Sept. Other than the injection site reaction, the first reaction being very mild and the second being more painful but gone in two days, nothing else.

No illness, no symptoms, no third eye in my forehead, no limbs falling off, no purple aura.

After the unblinding today, I’ll still be in the Trial. They will track everyone who wants to remain tracked for the duration including those who originally received the Placebo and regardless if they choose to be Vaccinated or not.

Cheers

That’s great news! Glad to hear it!

What a bummer....... no third eye!?!?

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Congrats x3 skier, and thank you for participating in the trial.

Finsadbel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ELARA, Las Vegas
I received my second Pfizer dose yesterday around 1 PM local time.

I would say the arm soreness that I experienced after my first dose was worse than this dose. The soreness was slightly worse after waking up but quickly dissipated to just “noticeable” after being up for a few hrs.

No other symptoms such as headache, fatigue, fever, chills, and etc that others have experienced.

Maybe I’m one of the lucky ones, but my experience has been nothing out of the ordinary when receiving a standard vaccine.

We are doing a “study” at my workplace in a few weeks. We will all go down and have our blood drawn and see if we have developed antibodies.

I will update if there are any changes, although I am doubtful there will be any.

Again, thank you to those who participated and made this possible.

tlwmkw

Reaction score
Got my second dose of Pfizer vaccine 5 days ago and I also had very little reaction. After first dose my arm was sore and then muscles aches the next day. Second dose some arm soreness but much less. Fine now.

SusanRN

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was "unblinded" this morning at my Moderna/NIH vaccine trial site. I was not surprised to learn that I am in the placebo group, as I had absolutely zero effects from either shot. I did choose to receive vaccine #1 this morning. They said that all placebo group participants will be able to receive the first dose by the end of January.
My site has also now started a Phase 3 trial with the Novavax vaccine.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I was "unblinded" this morning at my Moderna/NIH vaccine trial site. I was not surprised to learn that I am in the placebo group, as I had absolutely zero effects from either shot. I did choose to receive vaccine #1 this morning. They said that all placebo group participants will be able to receive the first dose by the end of January.
I am glad you were able to get it today and they are doing the right thing offering it to all volunteers that received the placebo. You and everyone else in the study helped us all. Thank you.

tseebach

Reaction score
My wife and I were unblinded from the Kaiser Pfizer vaccine study last Thursday, 1/14. We had both received the placebo and made 4 PM appt. to receive vaccine which we did after signing a couple of new agreements. We both were tired enough on Friday afternoon that we took naps, which is more unusual for my wife than me. (If I'm not too busy, I will sometimes take a quick nap, but have not had many in the last few months.) I'm not sure if emailing contacts in the study on Wednesday asking when we would be unblinded and given vaccine moved us up at all, but I thought we were due for an update since today makes a month from their last email and new rules gives people over 65 vaccine, where it's available.

Note that I turned 65 before my 1st and 2nd placebo injection in late Summer, while my wife is more than 4 year younger. In-laws, who are my age, received vaccine through normal channels on yesterday even though rules for our county seem to require you to be 75 if you are not in priority group.

mentalbreak

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm in the Moderna vaccine trial and also an experimental program to develop a fast test using saliva or blood draw. As part of this experiment, they did a blood draw. That result came today and said I had COVID antibodies and indicates I had COVID in the past.

That means either I actually got the vaccine, or it's a false positive (a real potential in an experimental program) or I had COVID with no symptoms. I bet I actually got the vaccine in the trial since I never had any COVID Symptoms except the very sore shoulder/arm and fatigue after the second injection.

This doesn’t invalidate anything since I’ve had both of the injections and all that remains is to see if I get infected or not. Since I was negative at the start and every other test I’ve had has shown negative for the actual virus, it’s just wait and see what happens.

But I'm still doing all the safety stuff ;) No sense tempting fate:)

Cheers
x3 Skier - do you recall how long after your 2nd vaccine your blood draw was taken that showed the C-19 antibodies?

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
x3 Skier - do you recall how long after your 2nd vaccine your blood draw was taken that showed the C-19 antibodies?
It was probably about 3 weeks after the 2nd shot. I had several draws in the trial but I have no idea what they showed. No real knowledge of when they first showed up, Could have been right after the first or any time since. The test that showed antibodies was a completely different operation at another location and totally separate.

Cheers

mentalbreak

TUG Member
Reaction score
It was probably about 3 weeks after the 2nd shot. I had several draws in the trial but I have no idea what they showed. No real knowledge of when they first showed up, Could have been right after the first or any time since. The test that showed antibodies was a completely different operation at another location and totally separate.

Cheers

Very helpful (going to enourage my dad to get tested for the antibodies before resuming travel).

Almost hoping for the reported side effects after shot 2 to show it is working.

Thank you!

amy241

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Sanibel Cottages (Affiliate)
Marriott Ko ‘Olina
My husband and I had our “unblinding” appointments on January 13th for the Moderna vaccine trial. As expected, I was told I received the actual vaccine and my husband was told he received the placebo. No surprises here as this is exactly what we thought. My husband received his first dose of Moderna and returns on 2/10 for his second dose. I received a vaccine card. We both selected the option to continue in the study for the duration because we believe it was important. It was another blood draw of 2 vials for eaxh of us and another long nasal swab.

Last edited:

Janann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs

I'm in a Novavax vaccine trial. It is interesting that I will not be "unblinded." Instead, I will be receiving a total of four shots. The first two were either the vaccine or placebo, and then the second two are the reverse. So after four shots I will have been vaccinated, and I will receive a vaccine card. I have received two shots so far, and I doubt that I have received the vaccine. My second set of shots will begin around mid-April. My chance for receiving the vaccine in the first set of two shots was 2:1.

SusanRN

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm in a Novavax vaccine trial. It is interesting that I will not be "unblinded." Instead, I will be receiving a total of four shots. The first two were either the vaccine or placebo, and then the second two are the reverse. So after four shots I will have been vaccinated, and I will receive a vaccine card. I have received two shots so far, and I doubt that I have received the vaccine. My second set of shots will begin around mid-April. My chance for receiving the vaccine in the first set of two shots was 2:1.
That's an interesting approach. I like it.
FYI, I had nothing but a slightly sore arm after vaccine shot #2 February 15th. I'm 69. We older folks apparently often have minimal side effects. Same thing with the shingles vaccine I received two years ago.
BTW, my mother was a participant in the trial for Shingrex, the shingles vaccine. Family tradition, I guess.