• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Florida Quarantine

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
I spent 5.5 weeks in Florida in June & July. Went to various beaches on the Atlantic and Gulf coasts. Never had any trouble at all finding a spot 6 feet away to social distance at every beach. Restaurants were open (except in Miami-Dade County) stores were open, pools were open. Visited several National Parks that were mostly open. We took reasonable precautions and had a fabulous trip. Would go back tomorrow if I could.
IMO Im not so sure the statistics coming out of Florida are on the up and up..again IMO

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
IMO Im not so sure the statistics coming out of Florida are on the up and up..again IMO
Ask the Florida Marlins how things are going.

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

I think they are letting the Broward County Board of Elections track the Covid cases, using a butterfly ballot! LOL

NboroGirl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
I agree, but as a Florida resident I have a question for you. Why would you want to come here, we are a hotbed of COVID. Stay safe and stay home.

Where did I say I want to come there? I'm not from those 3 states anyway.

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
Ask the Florida Marlins how things are going.
Yeah I see that...they don’t follow the safety protocols...they pay the price

Last edited:

Old Hickory

TUG Member
Reaction score
I spent 5.5 weeks in Florida in June & July. Went to various beaches on the Atlantic and Gulf coasts. Never had any trouble at all finding a spot 6 feet away to social distance at every beach. Restaurants were open (except in Miami-Dade County) stores were open, pools were open. Visited several National Parks that were mostly open. We took reasonable precautions and had a fabulous trip. Would go back tomorrow if I could.

And I bet you also risked your life driving in a car and entering the ocean? Glad you had a good time.

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
And I bet you also risked your life driving in a car and entering the ocean? Glad you had a good time.
Or risked your life crossing the street..or jumping in the pool..or whatever...glad you enjoyed your vacation jwalk03

tynian16

TUG Member
Reaction score
Quarantine was lifted so no need to worry anymore if you are a NY/NJ/CT resident...!

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
Quarantine was lifted so no need to worry anymore if you are a NY/NJ/CT resident...!

Now you just have to quarantine when you return to the Northeast instead!

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
All tests done through legitimate locations are being reported to the State HD and are being tracked. By law all physicians and labs have to report positives. The death's are likely to be more variably reported than testing numbers.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
But when you go back to NY, NJ, CT, you have to Quarantine ‍♀
That is correct. after accounting for 1/4 of all the deaths in US. NY/NJ want to do something now.
NY/NJ/MA/CT still hold top 4 in death per 1M pop.
And NY still in top 4 for Active Cases per 1M pop.
DC which they removed from list is 11 and Montana which is on their list and is 46 ???
They also removed Deleware which is top 15 states for active cases and top 10 for deaths (per 1M pop.)

Fun fact: about 100,000 people die in Hotel rooms each year.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
And NY still in top 4 for Active Cases per 1M pop.
DC which they removed from list is 11 and Montana which is on their list and is 46 ???
They also removed Delaware which is top 15 states for active cases and top 10 for deaths (per 1M pop.)
NY's quarantine applies to any person arriving from an area with a positive test rate higher than 10 per 100,000 residents over a 7-day rolling average or an area with a 10 percent or higher positivity rate over a 7-day rolling average.

NY is 47th with 3.3 new cases per 100K, CT is 48th with 2.3, NJ is 46th with 4.4, DC is 36th with 9.3. Delaware is indeed the last to make the cut in 31st position with 9.9 cases per 100K and Montana in 30th position is the first to miss the cut with 10.6 cases per 100K.

Topping the cases per 100K list at the moment are LA with 39.2, MS with 37.2, FL with 32.6, AL with 31.6, and NV with 30.9.
Topping the % positivity rate are MS at 20.9%, MV at 18.4%, AL at 18.1%, FL at 17.6%, and TX at 16.5%.

That said the testing data from many southern states is somewhat suspect. TX's 7 day ave of tests per day have dropped from a peak of 66K to 48K. FL from 65K to 40K, AZ from 15K to 12K, and MS from 6.5K to 4.6K. In contrast, testing in most of the Northeast has remained constant or continued to climb. NY in particular requires regions of the state to maintain testing levels to be allowed to remain at their current stage of 'reopening' and be eligible for further opening.

As for deaths per 100K from months past the numbers aren't particularly useful as an indicator of current conditions. Except insofar as other states could look to NY's policies as an example of how contain and then emerge successfully from an active outbreak.

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
As for deaths per 100K from months past the numbers aren't particularly useful as an indicator of current conditions. Except insofar as other states could look to NY's policies as an example of how contain and then emerge successfully from an active outbreak.
They probably learned not to send active Covid cases to nursing homes.

deniseh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau, Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Destination Points
Just like in PA-70% if the deaths were nursing home and personal care home residents.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
That said the testing data from many southern states is somewhat suspect. TX's 7 day ave of tests per day have dropped from a peak of 66K to 48K. FL from 65K to 40K, AZ from 15K to 12K, and MS from 6.5K to 4.6K. In contrast, testing in most of the Northeast has remained constant or continued to climb. NY in particular requires regions of the state to maintain testing levels to be allowed to remain at their current stage of 'reopening' and be eligible for further opening.
I can't speak for other states specifics but I doubt the reports are skewed. In FL and in all states I know the specifics, it's a reportable requirement for labs, hospitals and care providers. We'd be risking out license not to report positives. We run one of the major testing sites in North FL and our tests and calls for tests are down to the point where we've scaled back the from 3 hours weekdays to 3 hours M-TH as well as being less busy those days we do schedule. So I have zero doubts that the information the state is reporting on # of positives is appropriate. Death rates reporting might be more variable but mostly in terms of timing rather than actual numbers. A lot of the tests we're actually doing are related to schools requiring negatives within 2 weeks of starting and follow ups on positives which should be going away as we now it's not appropriate to test again as a follow up to a positive test.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I can't speak for other states specifics but I doubt the reports are skewed....
Sorry, I didn't mean that the data was in some way being fudged. Just that the sharp decline in testing - in particular the 7 day average in TX falling from 66K to 48K per day and in FL from 65K to 40K per day - is likely painting a misleading picture of the epidemic in those states.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
That didn't happen much if at all. Gov. Cuomo did force nursing homes to stop dumping COVID-19 patients on the streets and instead continue to care for them. Whether that decision saved lives or caused more deaths is open to conjecture. But we'll never really know - that's the problem with counterfactuals.

Last edited:

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I didn't mean that the data was in some way being fudged. Just that the sharp decline in testing - in particular the 7 day average in TX falling from 66K to 48K per day and in FL from 65K to 40K per day - is likely painting a misleading picture of the epidemic in those states.
But it reflects our experience here plus in South FL so many people have been tested that it reduces the pool of those to test. You'll also see a significant decline in testing as the CDC recommendations to not retest positives takes hold. I suspect you'll also see a backlash for companies and schools requiring tests to return and see a major decline there as well.

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
But it reflects our experience here plus in South FL so many people have been tested that it reduces the pool of those to test.

This doesn’t make sense. Testing isn’t a one and done deal. Because I was negative 3 months ago doesn’t mean I’m negative now.

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
The numbers were lower last week because the test sites in Broward, Dade and Palm Beach counties were closed in anticipation of the hurricane. They have since gone up to 8,000+ daily

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
This doesn’t make sense. Testing isn’t a one and done deal. Because I was negative 3 months ago doesn’t mean I’m negative now.
Certainly that’s true but a lot of people just want to get tested and if negative and have no symptoms they don’t continue to test periodically. Also with the CDC recommending no follow-up testing that will reduce the numbers as well.