• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Florida Quarantine

tynian16

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've looked into this but it's somewhat confusing. Does anyone know if Florida is still requiring a 14 day quarantine for travelers from NY/NJ? If so, has there been any discussion on when that will be lifted?

Thanks!

NJMOM2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Abound Club Points
Marriott Harbour Lake
Marriott OceanWatch
I've been checking every day since we are scheduled for a Florida vacation at the the end of August. As far as I know, they have not lifted it. If they don't lift it we will have to cancel our vacation because we are not going to drive all the way down there to sit in our room for a week.

If any knows or hears differently please post it here!

burg1121

TUG Member
Reaction score
Florida
Everyone traveling from New York, New Jersey, Connecticut or Louisiana must self-isolate or self-quarantine for 14 days, or for however long they will remain in the state if it's shorter, per executive orders from Gov. Ron DeSantis. Neither order applies to airline employees nor people "performing military, emergency or health responses."

NJMOM2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Abound Club Points
Marriott Harbour Lake
Marriott OceanWatch
As of now yes! IMHO as a resident I think
we should be like Hawaii and require it of all non-residents. Sorry

I agree with you for all states and locations. I get it. We're not coming if we're not welcome or there is a higher chance of US getting sick while in Florida or during our travel to get there and back.

However, we plan on driving with limited gas and bathroom stops, all our meals will be packed in the car for our 15 hours trip to Central Florida. We plan to spend one night in hotel then on to Marco Island for the week. We have not been near any hot spots nor have we been with anyone who may be a carrier. We have been quarantined in our home in more than two week. Why should we have to start the 14 day count over again when we cross the state line? Can't we come without a 14 day quarantine if we can prove that we were quarantined before we left Central New Jersey? While we are there we plan to relaxing at the resort, cooking in with avoid contact to any other people not in our small group. Maybe we'll spend a little money at local restaurants and shops while maintaining a social distance. Just something to think about.

normab

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
They are serious about checking as you enter the state on 95. We are Floridians and just drove back from a week in South Carolina. They are putting all cars through the lanes where the trucks usually have the weight checked. Not sure what they will say to you, but they just asked us where we came from. We have FL plates, of course, not sure if that made a difference....

I wonder if they are checking on 75 also?

2disneydads

TUG Member
Reaction score
I flew from Newark to Fort Lauderdale last weekend. We had to sign a health form to provide certain health information and to provide the address where we would be serving our quarantine. We had to confirm we understood the 14-day/length of stay requirement. The forms were collected as we got off the plane in FLL. Flying in actually is a lot easier than driving in.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

tynian16

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I'm scheduled to be down there mid August and hope they lift the quarantine soon. Much better up here in NJ than it was and trending better than the rest of the country at this point.

Monykalyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
So if you have a license plate from anywhere else do they stop you? Contemplating using some weeks at our favorite resort in Orlando- we’d be bringing most of our own food and probably drive starlight through. One of the resorts yesterday said they weren’t all that busy, so just give me a pool lounger and I’m happy!

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
I flew from Newark to Fort Lauderdale last weekend. We had to sign a health form to provide certain health information and to provide the address where we would be serving our quarantine. We had to confirm we understood the 14-day/length of stay requirement. The forms were collected as we got off the plane in FLL. Flying in actually is a lot easier than driving in.

Do you know if they quarantine passengers who connected through a NJ or NY airport? With reduction in nonstop flights by the airlines, I'd expect many people are forced to connect through Newark or other airports.

2disneydads

TUG Member
Reaction score
UA required every passenger to fill out the form boarding the flight. Every passenger was expected to turn in the form. You might be able to get off the flight and not turn in the form, but the UA personnel were pretty observant as folks deplaned. I don't remember the exact terms of the form. If you are not listing a NJ/NY/CT/LA home address, the quarantine should not really apply to you. Maybe you could try to connect on UA through IAD or ORD instead of EWR.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef

So how will you get food, if you are quarantined for 14 days? That has to be so hard for folks if your only there for 7 days and you can’t even go to the pool

JIMinNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
Our daughter lives in Florida (student at UF) and she spent the Memorial Day weekend with us at our condo in Hilton Head, SC. Even though she has a North Carolina license plate on her car, she said they were not stopping cars on I-95 when she drove back on Monday afternoon/evening.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
So how will you get food, if you are quarantined for 14 days? That has to be so hard for folks if your only there for 7 days and you can’t even go to the pool
Delivery services?

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
In Michigan when I do the grocery deliveries they are always out a week. Hopefully FL has better delivery service times
I was thinking restaurant delivery.

amy241

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Sanibel Cottages (Affiliate)
Marriott Ko ‘Olina
I've looked into this but it's somewhat confusing. Does anyone know if Florida is still requiring a 14 day quarantine for travelers from NY/NJ? If so, has there been any discussion on when that will be lifted?

Thanks!
I live in Palm Beach County and the quarantine has not been lifted. There is a good article in The Palm Beach Post to read:

“Everyone traveling to Florida from New York, New Jersey, Connecticut or Louisiana must self-isolate or self-quarantine for 14 days, or for however long they will remain in the state if it’s shorter, per executive orders from Gov. Ron DeSantis. Neither order applies to airline employees nor people “performing military, emergency, or health responses.”

Last edited:

taxare

TUG Member
Reaction score
I live in SW Florida, and this is pure speculation, but I am guessing with the theme parks opening in June and July they will put pressure on the governor to lift the quarantine soon. With UberEats and Door Dash you get restaurant delivery in an hour.

tynian16

TUG Member
Reaction score
I live in SW Florida, and this is pure speculation, but I am guessing with the theme parks opening in June and July they will put pressure on the governor to lift the quarantine soon. With UberEats and Door Dash you get restaurant delivery in an hour.

That makes sense. Tons of business in those theme parks comes from the Northeast.

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
I live in SW Florida, and this is pure speculation, but I am guessing with the theme parks opening in June and July they will put pressure on the governor to lift the quarantine soon.
That makes sense. Tons of business in those theme parks comes from the Northeast.

Or since they will be at limited capacity for a while, keep it up will help lower numbers to a more manageable level.

NboroGirl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
It looks like Florida's quarantine mandate for people coming from NY, NJ, and CT is still in effect: https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/travelers/, which I find almost comical, considering that those 3 states have some of the lowest COVID numbers in the country, and Florida has about the worst.

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
It looks like Florida's quarantine mandate for people coming from NY, NJ, and CT is still in effect: https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/travelers/, which I find almost comical, considering that those 3 states have some of the lowest COVID numbers in the country, and Florida has about the worst.
I agree, but as a Florida resident I have a question for you. Why would you want to come here, we are a hotbed of COVID. Stay safe and stay home.

amy241

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Sanibel Cottages (Affiliate)
Marriott Ko ‘Olina
I live in Palm Beach County. It is terrible here right now. We are starting to lack hospital capacity. Our numbers are skyrocketing. It is just not a good time to visit Florida!

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
I spent 5.5 weeks in Florida in June & July. Went to various beaches on the Atlantic and Gulf coasts. Never had any trouble at all finding a spot 6 feet away to social distance at every beach. Restaurants were open (except in Miami-Dade County) stores were open, pools were open. Visited several National Parks that were mostly open. We took reasonable precautions and had a fabulous trip. Would go back tomorrow if I could.