• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Florida Marriott - chance of getting?

mkahanek

TUG Member
Reaction score
So wife and I decide to take a last minute driver to Florida. Looking at basically any Marriott that isn’t in Orlando. What are the chances of scoring that with my currently held ko olina 1 bedroom or Guest room? Neither are deposited yet but we can’t do a request first as our dates are the last couple weeks of July. Thin window. But is there hope?

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
I would be looking at Getaways.

TheBeachBum

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Harbour Lake
MVC Trust
Try Ocean Pointe, that’ll be your best bet outside Orlando. Very nice resort too.

normab

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ocean pointe or BeachPlace definitely. We like both, but very different vibes. Lots of lock offs. June is shoulder season. Good Luck.

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
imo, BeachPlace would be your best chance...not easy...but you may get lucky......keep your fingers crossed...and look often

Last edited:

mkahanek

TUG Member
Reaction score
imo, BeachPlace would be your best chance...not easy...but you may get lucky......keep your fingers crossed...and look often
Oh yea. I used to search all the time. Got waiohai 2br, ko olina 2br ocean, and at. Kitts 3br all for my Mountain View guest half of Ko Olina. Those are probably my best scores trade wise for the guest portion of my unit. It’s a matter of checking ALL the time. But I am curious. Has weeks inventory gone away because of thr trust or do they still pop up frequently as they did say 10-12 years ago?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I just did a search for Beachplace and Ocean Pointe and there is no inventory just sitting there. You can't place an OGS because you are now inside flexchange. If you are persistent and check often (multiple times a day) you may have success. I also suggest putting in a sightings request in the Sightings forum in hopes someone will let you know if they see something show up. Non Orlando Florida Marriott resorts have been more rare. II deposit volume is down as more people are using their home resorts.

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
Oh yea. I used to search all the time. Got waiohai 2br, ko olina 2br ocean, and at. Kitts 3br all for my Mountain View guest half of Ko Olina. Those are probably my best scores trade wise for the guest portion of my unit. It’s a matter of checking ALL the time. But I am curious. Has weeks inventory gone away because of thr trust or do they still pop up frequently as they did say 10-12 years ago?
It’s hard to tell…honestly I have no trouble exchanging into the MVC resorts I wanted to vacation at…..i have exchanged into BeachPlace every year in January..exchanged into Ocean Pointe….Villas at Doral…Barony Beach Club…Newport Coast Villas..Oceana Palms…Imperial Palms…Custom House..Lakeshore Reserve..Grand Chateau..Canyon Villas....Pulse in San Diego…Mountainside in Park City..Aruba Surf Club and Ocean Club and Frenchman’s Cove in S.T…The only MVC that we wanted to go to that we couldn’t exchange into has Been Crystal Shores..we did vacation at CS the last 2 years using DC Points..we are booked again for next year…we frequently use Points to add days to a week exchange…BTW…we own at Harbour Lake but haven’t stayed there in almost 20 years….HL has been a great trader over the years….as Dioxide45 pointed out..this year has been more difficult finding a good exchange.

Last edited:

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
The high price of driving (gas) plus the current hassles of airport flying (not to mention the cost of tickets) may cause folks to cancel some of their plans this summer.... That in turn may open up some last minute opportunities.

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are going to the Pulse in South Beach in a few weeks. I did not use points nor did I exchange weeks- we are actually paying for it. Using the 35% discount as a Chairman's Club member the unit is about $152 a night!!

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I feel the last two weeks in July is going to be a tough trade because everyone want to be at the beach. IMHO.

Remember it is summer time college students, high school and elementary students, teachers are all off during the summer months.

They want to be at a beach somewhere.

Last edited: