• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Flirty Dancing

geekette

Reaction score
Just found this show, and wish they'd expand past LA as this something I would do. I appreciate the bravery of the contestants, as lifts are scary with people you know and practice with but terrifying with a stranger that you know is not going to be a pro. one of the guys recognized that the lady could be seriously hurt but he apparently practiced enough as he made it look effortless and his confidence clearly conveyed to the lady, was not the least bit tentative.

these aren't professional dancers, just people from the community. The numbers are actually quite good, so far no one seems to lose their cool in the middle. I'm not great at memorizing choreography and I wish they'd tell us how long the contestants practice.

wondered if anyone else was watching this.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Back in the day we use to do the bump. We did the bump at a wedding and the kids were wondering what we were doing. So was I, lol.

Bill

geekette

Reaction score
Back in the day we use to do the bump. We did the bump at a wedding and the kids were wondering what we were doing. So was I, lol.

Bill
There is a Bump in East Coast Swing, but I think the one you mean is from Hustle? Mom is from the Carolinas, used to do the Shag at clambakes on the beach. I am with you on sometimes not really knowing what that was or how to repeat it. But I've also found that sometimes my feet remember things that my brain doesn't, so that could be what happened with you!

These couples get really close, way more than bumping. the hosts were freaking out when the male contestant kissed the potential date contestant at the end of the romantic dance. That was not supposed to happen, but she was into it, too. It was a steamy number, it was an (empty) auditorium stage, he ended it like in the movies. The date contestant's face looked like J Lo's sister, he did pick her over the jazzy number with the other date. He did body rolls with that one!

I think it's fun to hear their backstories. Since I know how to dance, I would be thrilled to find a new leading man that way. The romantic in me thinks it would be a great "how we met" story. I was pleased to see they did not neglect the older singles. A cute older widower did a great job in his dances, and the ladies did a great job with their parts.

I did not expect to like this show.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I remember the bump and the two step dance.
I never could master either of those dances. LOL.

However, I could shag; and we both love to shag dance on vacation especially on our cruises.

Ok folks, I can bump and two step dance and several of the new line dances.
I am not totally over the hill. LOL:banana::hi::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
I think the show is really cute. I wish both people got to 'decide' to have a date or not though. I wish it weren't so one-sided.

geekette

Reaction score
I think the show is really cute. I wish both people got to 'decide' to have a date or not though. I wish it weren't so one-sided.
Yes, I would hope that the not-chosen-date would then get to be the one with 2 potential dates. If it survives to a second season, maybe we see some of them sprinkled in.