• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Flexchange

gnipgnop

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
What is Flexchange and how does one search for them in II. I have only used II a couple of times...i only have one property that can be exchanged through II. Need your help, please.

LLW

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is Flexchange and how does one search for them in II. I have only used II a couple of times...i only have one property that can be exchanged through II. Need your help, please.

It works differently depending on what kind of a week you have: deeded, points, etc. What week do you have in II?

P.S. If it's the Starwood BP, I think I will let a Starwood person answer.

Last edited:

chalee94

TUG Member
Reaction score
from the II FAQ here:

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74057

What is Flexchange & Flex Deposit?

• Flexchange is for those members who want to request a vacation exchange on short notice — from 59 days to 24 hours before check-in. You can check Flexchange availabilities at IntervalWorld.com or by calling II.

• Additionally, you can make a Flex Deposit if you need to deposit your week 59 to 14 days prior to the check-in date, you then can only use the Flexchange service to make an exchange.

• If the deposit is made between 13 and 7 days before check-in, the replacement week can be used for an exchange only within 30 days of the desired travel date.

so if you are searching for a stay less than 2 months from today, you are looking at flexchange inventory.

gnipgnop

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry but I still don't get it:bawl: I already deposited my Starwood BP with II and used it for an exchange which I very happy about. But I guess I'm thinking like a RCI member and looking for Flexchange to be like Last Call. RCI clearly marks last call but where do I search for Flexchange in the II system? Do I have to make another deposit into II before I can check the Flexchange options??

chalee94

TUG Member
Reaction score
But I guess I'm thinking like a RCI member and looking for Flexchange to be like Last Call.

the II term for non-exchange last-minute weeks is "getaways." just click on the getaways tab and start searching for discounted weeks available for cash.

LLW

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry but I still don't get it:bawl: I already deposited my Starwood BP with II and used it for an exchange which I very happy about. But I guess I'm thinking like a RCI member and looking for Flexchange to be like Last Call. RCI clearly marks last call but where do I search for Flexchange in the II system? Do I have to make another deposit into II before I can check the Flexchange options??

The II Flexchange is equivalent to the RCI 45- or 30-day last minute exchange. It is an exchange - you have to use a week to get a Flexchange. For Starwood, I am not sure if you need a deposit or can you just designate a week that you have not deposited yet.

As has been said, if you are looking for the non-exchange cash option, it is called "Getaway" in II.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Flex-Change is only for exchanges - it has nothing to do with rentals.

Flex-change kicks in the last 60 days before check-in. So when you search, anything you see available as an exchange in the next 60 days is automatically "in" flex change. There is no special search or designation for flex-change - it's just the inventory that is available online during the last 60 days before check-in.

The value of flex-change is that the trading power requirements are lowered, so you can get a "higher" exchange with your deposit.

Rentals on II are called "Get Aways" and there is a separate tab for "Get Aways" when you log into your II Acct. The inventory is listed separately from exchanges on II.

Last edited:

hjtug

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is no special search or designation for flex-change - it's just the inventory that is available online during the last 60 days before check-in.

I think the II use of the term "flex-change" is very misleading. They make it seem like something that is very different than regular exchange. When I did my first few exchanges, and was still learning, I kept wondering, like the OP, just what is flex-change and how to do it. Why doesn't II just describe the usual limits on trading to a larger unit and state simply that in the last 60 days those limits are relaxed? Actually in our Wyndham/II trading it is possible to trade up any time, but I suppose it becomes easier to do in the last 60 days.

gnipgnop

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ohhhh ~ OK. So you would still need to deposit a week and then search with it hopeing to get something better (or more up-scale) if it is available 45 to 60 days out. I was looking for a special featue using the word Flexchange. Many thanks for all your help and clearing up this confusion for me. you tuggers are so helpful!:whoopie:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Ohhhh ~ OK. So you would still need to deposit a week and then search with it hopeing to get something better (or more up-scale) if it is available 45 to 60 days out. I was looking for a special featue using the word Flexchange. Many thanks for all your help and clearing up this confusion for me. you tuggers are so helpful!:whoopie:

Flex-change is 0-60 days out.

DesertGal

Reaction score
Can you do two Shortstay exchanges with a flex deposit?

If not, are there any other good options for a last-minute deposit (with other trading companies)? It was stupid of me not to deposit in time.

My deeded week is #18 at the Quarter House in New Orleans (May 18, I think) ...do you think I have a chance of renting it?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Can you do two Shortstay exchanges with a flex deposit?

If not, are there any other good options for a last-minute deposit (with other trading companies)? It was stupid of me not to deposit in time.

My deeded week is #18 at the Quarter House in New Orleans (May 18, I think) ...do you think I have a chance of renting it?

You would be better off to cancel the Resv., make one late in the year for a holiday week, and then deposit it.

You have to have an II [Gold] membership for short stays and I'm not sure if you can use a late deposit - best to call and ask.

Last edited:

DesertGal

Reaction score
Cancel what reservation? Not sure what you mean, as I didn't reserve with my home resort.

I have a Gold membership and have used short stays in the past.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cancel what reservation? Not sure what you mean, as I didn't reserve with my home resort.

I have a Gold membership and have used short stays in the past.

Are you able to cancel your May 18th Resv. and make another one to deposit?

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It sounds like she might have a fixed week, so no reservation involved.

DesertGal

Reaction score
Yes a fixed week...I called the resort and they needed a 60-day notice to change the date with them or a sister resort. They said it would probably rent for the weekend nights, but I decided to deposit with II. Looks like it still qualifies for ShortStays!