• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Fletchmia no longer eBay seller

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Was removed today as an eBay seller. Items, including closed auctions, have been removed (cancelled).

Upon calling phone number, was told this is normal eBay issues and all will be made right in just a couple of days. And everything will come back online.

Not an eBay expert - is this "NORMAL"?

tombo

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
It is not normal for good sellers, but it is normal for bogus sellers with serious complaints filed against them. It is the the e-bay death penalty. I only purchased one week on e-bay that was from a bogus seller, and they were removed from e-bay, but they were removed too late to save me. I sent my money without using a bonded licensed closing company and lost all of my money and didn't get my week. I have purchased many, many weeks on e-bay since then and every purchase has been as advertised. I now will never ever buy a week from a seller that doesn't use a bonded closing company thanks to learning my lesson the hard way. I also won't buy from a seller that hasn't been a seller on e-bay for years or from a seller that doesn't have 95% or higher satisfaction ratings from buyers.

Last edited:

wackymother

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought a week from the dreaded Cornerstone Closings in Washington State (in one of their many other names), and they disappeared a couple of months into it. I was having a heart attack :eek: , but they said it was an eBay problem and they were coming right back on...and they did come right back on, after just a couple of days. Mine closed without any major problems, but other people were not so lucky. Buying off eBay is not for the faint of heart! Good luck!

sernow

TUG Member
Reaction score
They will be right back under a name variation. They've done this a number of times already. eBay is much more concerned about fees generated than about combating fraud.

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Good point Sernow about him being reincarnated! Tombo, sellers that have 95% positive feedback scare me - that means they screwed 5% so bad that they left negative feedback, and my guess is at least half of the people they screwed didn't leave negative feedback. But your point is a good one in that it's a big risk to buy from someone who doesn't use a bona fide closing company to hold the money.

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good point Sernow about him being reincarnated! Tombo, sellers that have 95% positive feedback scare me - that means they screwed 5% so bad that they left negative feedback, and my guess is at least half of the people they screwed didn't leave negative feedback. But your point is a good one in that it's a big risk to buy from someone who doesn't use a bona fide closing company to hold the money.

I have a problem with anyone who wants to dictate a closer. There is usually an incestous relationship between them, and it is usually an out of state entity that is incompetent outside their own state that they insist on for a closer. The one multi-state closing company that appears reliable, PCS Holdings, does not seem to be selected by these eBay sellers.

If I see something that I want bad enough with one of these sellers, I will cross my fingers and threaten complaints to the State Bar Unauthorized Practice of Law Committee, Real Estate Commission, and other regulatory bodies unless they let me choose my own local closer.

Mel7706

TUG Member
Reaction score
Complain!!

I have written to the United States Attorney for the District of Colorado. The letter was a fairly short
overview of what they are doing. I asked for an
investigation into interstate racketeering. Have not heard
from the above as yet. If I don't hear something by next week I will write to the Colorado AG and probably the folks mentioned by Carolinian.
With that said, I have two purchases that finally have recorded deeds-twice. First were Quitclaim Deeds then Warranty Deeds. The only business I have left is a week for 2008 that was supposed to be fixed but was floating.
If they fix that I will bow out of my complaining. However, I find WW, etc. will only respond when they are under pressure. A bunch of people stand to lose a bunch of money when this "house of cards" collapses.

pianodinosaur

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge

london

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not For the Faint of Heart

I bought a week from the dreaded Cornerstone Closings in Washington State (in one of their many other names), and they disappeared a couple of months into it. I was having a heart attack :eek: , but they said it was an eBay problem and they were coming right back on...and they did come right back on, after just a couple of days. Mine closed without any major problems, but other people were not so lucky. Buying off eBay is not for the faint of heart! Good luck!

Your comments about not being for the faint of heart are well taken..

janapur

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks forr posting this. I was watching a listing that just disappeared and I was bewildered.

doublebubbls

TUG Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind too,
If Ebay does not get thier fees from prevouis closed auctions they will cancel all open auctions.

nazclk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Fletchmia

Just cancelled two items that I won on ebay. They said the reason for ebay taking them off was their high volumne of transactions. I thought that is kind of strange as ebay makes more money the more listings they have.
oh well. They were great deals hated to loose them, but thought it was the best thing to do.

london

TUG Member
Reaction score
Canceled Auctions

Just cancelled two items that I won on ebay. They said the reason for ebay taking them off was their high volumne of transactions. I thought that is kind of strange as ebay makes more money the more listings they have.
oh well. They were great deals hated to loose them, but thought it was the best thing to do.

What does ebay do about canceled auctions?

Does the seller still have an obligation to perform on won auctions?

Brenda47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Fletchmia????

Is Fletchmia the same as SUMDAY Vacations??? If so, I also had a problem with them last week. I questioned one of their auctions because all the info listed was wrong. I emailed them numerous times to no avail and then the auction disappeared.. I think they are the same people.

jadejar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Morritt’s Tortuga, Morritt’s Seaside, Royal Dunes, Marriott Surfwatch, Marriott Grande Ocean, Moon Palace
Fletchmia is not the same as SUMDAY Vacations. One of the best timeshare purchases on ebay I have experienced was with SUMDAY. By far the worst has been through Fletchmia, Wantedweeks, Shaun Fletcher, or whatever name he is going by today.

nazclk

TUG Member
Reaction score
EBAY

London if you want to take a chance, he is still emailing me and wanting me to go through with the sale.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
After checking with my bank and the check having been cashed 2 weeks earlier for the auction I won, I call him yesterday. Spoke to "Manny" again. He remembered me.

Asked for an update as I was sure they had enough time to get the deed ready for transfer. He said it had been mailed off to the county yesterday. Fine, as I will check their online web site as to when they received it and it should be back to me within a month, right?. He did check with someone in the background while he was on the phone.

Ah, I don't have a fainting couch in my bedroom.:D or is the other line, think postively .....

djyamyam

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Heeee's Baaaaaaaack!

Was removed today as an eBay seller. Items, including closed auctions, have been removed (cancelled).

Upon calling phone number, was told this is normal eBay issues and all will be made right in just a couple of days. And everything will come back online.

Not an eBay expert - is this "NORMAL"?

It looks like WW/Fletchma/Shaun is back. They are now operating as "Monolithvacations" Their ads are the same with the same false $100 transfer fee on every sale. So, as before, buyer beware!

Here's one of their auctions:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Polo-Towers-Loc...39:1|66:2|65:10|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is Fletchmia the same as SUMDAY Vacations??? If so, I also had a problem with them last week. I questioned one of their auctions because all the info listed was wrong.

I've had all good experiences with Sumday. I'm surprised "all" the information on the listing was wrong as Sumday usually tells you what you are buying by quoting directly from the Deed. Also, in every case I received my Deed in less than a month. One, in Branson, I received in 8 days!!

George

Aussiedog

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've had all good experiences with Sumday.

Amen to that!

My purchase using Sumday was the easiest and fastest I ever had, hands down.

Ann

jfellenz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yea, I saw that too, "monolithvacations" has all the same verbage as wantedweeks and fletchmia. Anyone sending him a dime after reading these comments deserves to be parted from his/her money!!!!!!!!!

london

TUG Member
Reaction score
Fletchmia

I have had one successful closing with Wanted Weeks so far. Resort on Cocoa Beach.

Deed recorded, and resort has transferred ownership.

I won another one, for pennies on the dollar, and that is in progress now.

The transfer fee was reduced from 100 to 75 which is the actual transfer fee.

MY total cost for the week is under $500.00. Original owners paid 9700.00 in 1998.

summervaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
If he comes back under a different name, does that mean that ebay took down his other accounts and now are pretending they don't know it's the same seller?

To me, if his problems were "resolved" with ebay, it seems he would come back under the same name.

I'm really trying to understand how ebay works. If a seller is removed by ebay, can buyers find out why?

london

TUG Member
Reaction score
Removal From Ebay

If he comes back under a different name, does that mean that ebay took down his other accounts and now are pretending they don't know it's the same seller?

To me, if his problems were "resolved" with ebay, it seems he would come back under the same name.

I'm really trying to understand how ebay works. If a seller is removed by ebay, can buyers find out why?

A seller removal from Ebay would be a privacy issue, between the seller and Ebay in my opinion.

nazclk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Fletchmia on ebay under a different name

They are now doing business under a different name