• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

First trip to Myrtle

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
So glad you liked Hook and Barrel! If/when we go back to MB, we will make a return there. I agree with your wife about the beach, it’s kinda sub-par compared to HHI.

The sand in Myrtle is very dark - almost mud-like in content in some areas. Not everyone's cup of tea so to speak. :cool:

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
The sand in Myrtle is very dark - almost mud-like in content in some areas. Not everyone's cup of tea so to speak. :cool:

Yeah, the color isn’t too bad. For me, it’s that 4”-6” drop off right at the water line where the shell pieces collect. Hard to walk across.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
A feature of Myrtle Beach and N. Myrtle Beach is that it is sixty miles long and 100 yards wide (made up numbers). The point is that wherever you are staying could be an hour or so drive from where you want to go.

I'll add one low-brow seafood place to the list. Bimini's Oyster Bar, on Lake Arrowhead Drive, close to Wyndham SeaWatch.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I am also not a fan of the cigar smokers on the beach and even on the ocean. There is also quite a bit of cigarettes and cigar butts mixed in with the sand too.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Another trip to Myrtle Beach is in order!

mcsteve

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elara - Las Vegas
Southwind, Egret Point & Waterside by Spinnaker - HHI
Vacation Village @ Weston
I am also not a fan of the cigar smokers on the beach and even on the ocean. There is also quite a bit of cigarettes and cigar butts mixed in with the sand too.
Personally I must say this is one of my biggest pet peeves. Also the number of people smoking and vaping on their balcony who just don’t care where their “exhaust” goes.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Personally I must say this is one of my biggest pet peeves. Also the number of people smoking and vaping on their balcony who just don’t care where their “exhaust” goes.

We had one instance of that at on our Ocean 22 balcony. Someone below us was smoking marijuana. Per Ocean 22 rules, it’s not supposed to happen, but it does.

missyrcrews

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
I am here in Surfside Beach...reading back through old threads to find things to do. We drove up to Myrtle Beach today. We enjoyed looking at all the high rise hotels...but concluded that we are much happier staying here in the quieter part of town. :) Told the kids that I'd take them out to eat one day, and Audrey wants to hit outlets and thrift stores. I imagine the week will fly! I see why so many of you like this area, though. I couldn't believe the temperature of the water....it is like taking a bath! (Says the person whose reference for the ocean temp is Popham Beach in Maine!)

needvaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MGO, WKV, SVV Bella
I am here in Surfside Beach...reading back through old threads to find things to do. We drove up to Myrtle Beach today. We enjoyed looking at all the high rise hotels...but concluded that we are much happier staying here in the quieter part of town. :) Told the kids that I'd take them out to eat one day, and Audrey wants to hit outlets and thrift stores. I imagine the week will fly! I see why so many of you like this area, though. I couldn't believe the temperature of the water....it is like taking a bath! (Says the person whose reference for the ocean temp is Popham Beach in Maine!)
You have kids right? My kids love Johnny Ds Waffles in Surfside Beach, another in Myrtle Beach proper. You gotta try it

missyrcrews

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
You have kids right? My kids love Johnny Ds Waffles in Surfside Beach, another in Myrtle Beach proper. You gotta try it
Thank you for the recommendation! That place is right around the corner. I do have kids, though two of the ones that I have with me technically qualify as adults, I suppose. :) Audrey is allergic to gluten, which really complicates restaurants. (We have been thankful AGAIN for timeshare kitchens during the g/f journey....I can cook things that she can eat so easily!) I'll research Johnny Ds to see if they have g/f options.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ok, so this place was recommended to me after we went in ‘19. They actually had a Triple D spot on it (TV show on Food Network). It’s on my list the next time we go.