• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

First Time at Tuscany Orlando

CarlosRobayo23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello Tug,

This Friday will be my first time using my HGVC points and more specifically our first visit to HGVC Tuscany at Orlando.

I will be travelling with my wife and my toddler daughter (20 months).

I have already read the recommendations about the restaurants and the convenient Publix location in front of the property.

Are there any recommendations in terms of building location, transportation (we will use Uber/Lift), best pool, etc?

I really appreciate your help and we are really excited about our first trip with our HGVC membership.

Thanks in advance!

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
It's a lovely property. I'd ask for a high floor with pool/water view and a bldg close to the main pool, which also has a very nice bar area. It is adjacent to an outlet mall, if you're interested. Bring a stroller, there's a lake that you can take a nice walk around and across the bridge that goes by all the buildings and over to the smaller pool.

NOLA47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations and Escapes to the Shores Orange Beach
I, too, think you will enjoy this property. It's our favorite HGVC resort in Orlando. My daughter stayed there last with her family and said that the food served by the pool and the pizzas you can order on site were really very reasonably priced. They enjoyed it so much. They had a hard time getting the boys away from the resort to do anything else but their boys are 9 and 12 now. Have a great time.

BingoBangoBongo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Elara, Kings Land, Valdoro Mountain, the District
The Publix nearby and the gate kind of on the back side of the property that gives you access to the mall are really handy. I’m not sure what options are a abailable in the food court there now but when we were there a few years ago there were a bunch of options and we grabbed a quick meal a couple times.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
To NOLA47,
Your family members enjoyed this resort over the one at Sea World. That is just amazing and great.
Do you feel senior's will also enjoy this resort and it's location.

Last edited:

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Seniors would like it very much. Pools (large feature and smaller one) are very nice. Lovely landscaping. There’s a nice lake for walking and good shopping adjacent. We didn’t walk anywhere else off the property. Units inside are similar to SW.

CarlosRobayo23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there any building that is more convenient if I don't have a car, so I don't need to walk long distances within the resort when the Uber drops me?

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Seniors would like it very much. Pools (large feature and smaller one) are very nice. Lovely landscaping. There’s a nice lake for walking and good shopping adjacent. We didn’t walk anywhere else off the property. Units inside are similar to SW.
Thank you for your reply.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Is there any building that is more convenient if I don't have a car, so I don't need to walk long distances within the resort when the Uber drops me?
we were in building 7 and it's right across the bridge from the big pool, next to private gate to outlet mall and close to the gate to get into the HGVC complex at the front. But, if you scan your key card, Uber will be able to drive up to your bldg, I'd assume. We did not mind being across the footbridge from the big pool. It's also close to the exit if you wanted to walk over to a restaurant, etc.
1630525268342.png

CarlosRobayo23

TUG Member
Reaction score
we were in building 7 and it's right across the bridge from the big pool, next to private gate to outlet mall and close to the gate to get into the HGVC complex at the front. But, if you scan your key card, Uber will be able to drive up to your bldg, I'd assume. We did not mind being across the footbridge from the big pool. It's also close to the exit if you wanted to walk over to a restaurant, etc.
View attachment 39395
Thanks, I really like to be close to the exit, I will ask that building. Should I call now the resort to make sure I get a room in that building?

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sure. I don't know if I even made a request. I think most want right next to main pool, but the footbridge was fine to pop over. I had teens who shopped at the outlets, so easy access was great for them. BTW-there's a great discounted "official" Disney outlet there. So popular, you need to go in person to get into the virtual queue,, which was 1.5 hours at 11 am in May. So, you could send 1 person early and then go back to resort.

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Another vote for building 7; it's my favorite location for this property. You might want to call, although I never had any trouble getting it when I checked in.

BingoBangoBongo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Elara, Kings Land, Valdoro Mountain, the District

When we stayed there I think we were also in Bldg 7. We used Uder to go to dinner one night and just walked to the gate in the upper right hand corner of the map and waited there for them to pick us up.

audirt

Reaction score
A lot of my thoughts have already been covered, but the one thing I would add is that the rooms on the far side of the lake, particularly near the small swimming pool, seem really far from the main guest areas (e.g. main pool, restaurant, store, etc.). We got placed in one of those units one time and it seemed like we were on the dark side of the moon.

Now then, I had three small kids at that time, so maybe it seemed farther than it actually was, but that visit kind of prompted us to avoid Tuscany in favor of Sea World and/or Parc Soleil.

Of course, if you don’t anticipate using the restaurant, main pool, or mini-mart, there’s no downside at all to Tuscany. The rooms themselves are completely consistent with what you expect from HGVC.

EDIT: I got curious and looked at the map and the two properties are actually about the same size. I guess I’ve just been lucky with my room assignments at Sea World. Goes to show you shouldn’t listen to goobers on the Internet :)

Last edited:

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
the far side of the lake, particularly near the small swimming pool, seem really far from the main guest areas (e.g. main pool, restaurant, store, etc.). We got placed in one of those units one time and it seemed like we were on the dark side of the moon.
concur! I walked that lake a few times--bldg 7 right across the bridge seemed much more convenient.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
A lot of my thoughts have already been covered, but the one thing I would add is that the rooms on the far side of the lake, particularly near the small swimming pool, seem really far from the main guest areas (e.g. main pool, restaurant, store, etc.). We got placed in one of those units one time and it seemed like we were on the dark side of the moon.
Yes, however the OP has a toddler and they may prefer the small pool with the zero entry because they have a toddler. The main pool does not have a zero entry location.

Kurt

mcsteve

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elara - Las Vegas
Southwind, Egret Point & Waterside by Spinnaker - HHI
Vacation Village @ Weston
Yes, however the OP has a toddler and they may prefer the small pool with the zero entry because they have a toddler. The main pool does not have a zero entry location.

@CarlosRobayo23 i would second the recommendation by @PigsDad . When we were at Tuscany with our 18 month old GD the zero entry pool was a tremendous plus allowing her to move in and out very comfortably and not generate fear of entry. We stayed in Bldg 4 at the time and I found the very short walk to the main pool was quite enjoyable. Also, they have plenty of golf carts running around with staff who will pick you up from the main bldg to deliver you to yours as well as bring you back to the main bldg if you choose. The gate to the mall is also very close to bldg 4 & 5 so access to the shopping mall is very convenient.

Zenichiro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Casa Yabel
I agree building 4 or 5 near the zero entry smaller pool is better for smaller children. It’s also close to the outlet mall hidden gate. Uber will come and drop you off at your building. Just tell them to take you to your building.