• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

First RCI complaint

pbenham

TUG Member
Reaction score
Madge,

I don’t typically complain about RCI, because my experience thus far has been nothing but positive, but I have my first official complaint.

I called yesterday to discuss renewal rates and was told that I could extend my membership for 5 years, and as a special bonus, RCI would add a Red Week to my account. The VC went as far as to say that I would not have to pay any exchange fee or maintenance fee for this week.

Today I called to question from which resort this Red Week would come. The VC that I spoke with today told me that the bonus was not actually a banked Red Week, but rather a Last-Call Vacation (up to $199). In addition, I would need to travel by May 31, 06.

There is a big difference between a Banked Red Week and a Last-Call Vacation. Is there any monitoring of the phone lines by management to ensure quality/honesty? Why is it that I see no mention of this offer online? There are no “unknowns” when working online because everything is provided in writing.

I guess I now have something to complain about regarding RCI…

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
Paul,

I'm sorry to hear that the first Guide gave you such misleading information. The second Guide had it right. This is an offer that is made only by telephone by our staff promoting renewals. All RCI members are not targeted for every promotion, so we cannot put every offer online.

However, you may be sure that we do randomly monitor calls to be sure that we can address any inaccuracies or trends we may discover. Again, I'm sorry that you have had your first occasion to be unhappy with RCI.