• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

First Interval deposit

csudell

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just deposited my silver season 1BR premium into Interval and was searching for Orlando, out of curiousity. I'm pulling from efficiencies to 2 BRs... is it wishful thinking to think I'd pull a 3BR at MGV or anything at Disney Beach Club or Boardwalk or Wilderness Lodge?

Also, if I do an exchange.. can I re-exchange it if something better comes up?

Thanks!

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
From the TUG II FAQ:

If I have a confirmed exchange, and then find a better one while searching II, can I upgrade?
A.
• Yes, by telephoning II and paying a second exchange fee. (Note that if you do this, be very careful to check your online “history,” as II has been known to mess up these second exchanges!) Upgrading a confirmed exchange can be done but the original week used for confirmation must have sufficient trade power to secure the upgrade. For example, you confirm a studio using resort “A”. Then see a two bedroom available using resort “B”. You want to upgrade your resort “A” exchange to the two bedroom. Resort “A” must have sufficient trade power to get the two bedroom unit. This generally won’t apply inside Flexchange, 59 days to check-in or closer, as trade power restrictions are mostly lifted.

For lots more info. about II see our FAQ.

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
I just deposited my silver season 1BR premium into Interval and was searching for Orlando, out of curiousity. I'm pulling from efficiencies to 2 BRs... is it wishful thinking to think I'd pull a 3BR at MGV or anything at Disney Beach Club or Boardwalk or Wilderness Lodge?

Also, if I do an exchange.. can I re-exchange it if something better comes up?

Thanks!

Disney is no longer with II :annoyed:

Snorkey

Reaction score
I don't recommend depositing with II. Goto independent exchange company or exchange them directly. I had bad experience with II.

csudell

TUG Member
Reaction score
other than something like Redweek, what other option do I have other than II?

rwpeterson

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Positive Experience with II

I'm sorry others have had bad experiences but we've had nothing but good experiences with II.

We've traded our 1 bedroom - Colorado red ski week for:
1 bedroom Marriott Grand Chateau (Las Vegas)
1 bedroom Daytona Resort & Club (Florida)
2 bedroom Royal Sands (Cancun)
2 bedroom Royal Mayan (Cancun)

We get an Accomodation Certificate for depositing our week and we used one to trade into a studio at Disney's Villas at Wilderness Lodge. We'll miss DVC being part of II.

On the negative side, we've been unable to trade into Marriott Newport Coast, but that's a difficult trade and we are trying to use a 1 bedroom.

We're very happy with Interval. We plan well in advance and have had some wonderful vacations. Hope you do too.

Wendy

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
If you deposited a Starwood week, I think II is your best bet to upgrade to a larger unit at Vistana Villages or Vistana Resort. Do you know about the Starwood 3 day priority in II for other Starwood resorts? If you make an exchange online, you can often even exchange into a 2 bdm. with your 1 bdm. Keep a close eye on the Sightings board and also check II online frequently.

Note that with an ongoing request, you can only exchange a 1-bdm. for a 1-bdm.

If you want to exchange into DVC, I think RCI is your only option - or a private exchange, which you can post a request for in the TUG Marketplace.

But haven't you already deposited your week with II?

Last edited:

csudell

TUG Member
Reaction score
I deposited my week today. Am I depositing "my" week or anything SVO wants to put in? Could I call back tomorrow morning to correct anything I may have done wrong?

I was figuring I'd try to get a Horizons or Cypress Harbor 2BR. Would a Visitana be better?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If it's a week in the SVN, Starwood picks the week that's deposited.

If it's not a week in the SVN, you could have picked the week deposited, but if it's already deposited, I don't think you can change it now.

I suggested Vistana Resort or Vistana Villages because of the 3-day priority that Starwood resorts have in II. If you can see something better online, go for it!

If this is your Harborside week, next time consider renting it and then using the money to rent directly from a DVC owner.

csudell

TUG Member
Reaction score
its not my week, I have another silver week that I thought I'd "easily" exchange to week 44. I would have rented that and then paid for my disney rental but it seems like I'm not going to be able to exchange my week for week 44 at Harborside.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
its not my week, I have another silver week that I thought I'd "easily" exchange to week 44. I would have rented that and then paid for my disney rental but it seems like I'm not going to be able to exchange my week for week 44 at Harborside.

It's not your Harborside week? What resort is it from?

csudell

TUG Member
Reaction score
it is my harborside week.
i have week 39 - wanted week 44 at harborside but cant seem to get it. so deposited that.