• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

FIRST COMPANY WHO ACTUALLY HELPS ME GET RID OF MY TIMESHARE

ByrneM

Reaction score
About 4 months ago I attended a presentation at Vidanta in Riviera Maya and I want to post my experience.

At first, It seemed like any other b.s. company that promised us to help us get rid of our timeshare. Honestly, after reading many posts here and on redweek I've been very hesitant about taking a deal in which I would have to pay a fee upfront in order to get a third party or any firm to get rid of the membership, for what they offered me a deal in which I could get their Vacation Limitless program and they would show me step by step how to deed back my program myself at zero cost.

Now, I don't always use my Westgate at painted mountain and they showed me their program in which I would be able to get in (and many other locations) for less than $299 and also get access to Vidanta itself at member rates so I agreed with low expectations about the TS-ridding thing, given that I was genuinely interested in their program. The agreement was pretty much black and white and all the benefits we're appealing

A couple of weeks later I did exactly as they said and Halleluia! I honestly didn't think It would work but it did. It's amazing how the right pieces of information can get you a long way! I would really like to know about any of your experiences with the company helping you with your TS and the Vacation limitless program itself! really looking forward to using the benefits.

Marty B.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
... a presentation at Vidanta in Riviera Maya ........they offered me a deal in which I could get their Vacation Limitless program and they would show me step by step how to deed back my program myself at zero cost....Now, I don't always use my Westgate at painted mountain and they showed me their program in which I would be able to get in (and many other locations) for less than $299 and also get access to Vidanta itself at member rates so I agreed with low expectations about the TS-ridding thing, .....
A couple of weeks later I did exactly as they said and Halleluia! I honestly didn't think It would work but it did. It's amazing how the right pieces of information can get you a long way!....
Marty B.

Hi Marty ,
I hope you can follow up in a year and let us know how things have worked out .

TUG = Timeshare User Group . Most members are interested in using their timeshares and there is a lot of exchange of information on usage details .

There are regularly new posts from folks like yourself -who are interested in getting rid of timeshares . There are threads specific to Westgate . Westgate has a program where they
accept deed backs and generally require a payment of next years MF to do so . If you were able to exit for no cost - that’s great. I hope it truly means that the deed has been signed over to Westgate and not some Viking Ship entity . Viking Ship "exits" can result in the developer coming after you for future years MF payment .

I am a Vidanta owner , and have to many presentations. It sounds to me like you bought an “exit package” under the name Vacations Limitless . These do not include Vidanta registered weeks ; but will likely give you off season access to Vidanta . My ownership gets me February weeks ( Feb is key to me - living in Canada ) I would expect your membership with Vacations Limitless will primarily get you access from May - mid December . If this is when you vacation - then it can work for you . The $ 299 deals at various resorts are likely similar to RCI last calls and II getaways - again useful if you can travel generally in off season . For example
Myrtle Beach from November to April .

I am not specifically familiar with Vacaction Limitless .

However - your description of the benefits is similar to Destino’s Unlimited - a brand of ICE( International Cruise & Excursions j that is a Vidanta “partner” that sells exit packages to people during the Vida Vacation Presentation (TS sales) process.
The "exit packages" generally function like a vacation club , and are sold after you say NO a few times to a full benefit Vidanta brand .Vacation Clubs do not guarantee access to a specific time or location but if you are flexible on your vacation schedule they may work well .

Welcome to TUG .

Last edited:

ByrneM

Reaction score
Wow. You've been reading many posts here but you just joined today to tell us this, and never so much as asked a question before?

Looks like a shill to me.

??? Yeah i joined to share my experience, i found this and posted. So what?. Anyway good luck with yours.

ByrneM

Reaction score
Marty - Hope for the best and be prepared for the unexpected...

George
Well at least now i don´t have to worry about the fees, so hopefully the rest works the same way

ByrneM

Reaction score
Hi Marty ,
I hope you can follow up in a year and let us know how things have worked out .

TUG = Timeshare User Group . Most members are interested in using their timeshares and there is a lot of exchange of information on usage details .

There are regularly new posts from folks like yourself -who are interested in getting rid of timeshares . There are threads specific to Westgate . Westgate has a program where they
accept deed backs and generally require a payment of next years MF to do so . If you were able to exit for no cost - that’s great. I hope it truly means that the deed has been signed over to Westgate and not some Viking Ship entity . Viking Ship "exits" can result in the developer coming after you for future years MF payment .

I am a Vidanta owner , and have to many presentations. It sounds to me like you bought an “exit package” under the name Vacations Limitless . These do not include Vidanta registered weeks ; but will likely give you off season access to Vidanta . My ownership gets me February weeks ( Feb is key to me - living in Canada ) I would expect your membership with Vacations Limitless will primarily get you access from May - mid December . If this is when you vacation - then it can work for you . The $ 299 deals at various resorts are likely similar to RCI last calls and II getaways - again useful if you can travel generally in off season . For example
Myrtle Beach from November to April .

I am not specifically familiar with Vacaction Limitless .

However - your description of the benefits is similar to Destino’s Unlimited - a brand of ICE( International Cruise & Excursions j that is a Vidanta “partner” that sells exit packages to people during the Vida Vacation Presentation (TS sales) process.
The "exit packages" generally function like a vacation club , and are sold after you say NO a few times to a full benefit Vidanta brand .Vacation Clubs do not guarantee access to a specific time or location but if you are flexible on your vacation schedule they may work well .

Welcome to TUG .

Wow, thank you for your feedback, all I can say so far is, Westgate already send me the quit claim so im out of the timeshare, and for what i have on writing, it says no blackouts and i have additional weeks to use at Vidanta (for higher usage fee) and a free week. the $299 is on paper too so, i guess next couple months that i use it it´ll work. Hopefully i´ll be sharing a good experience and not a bad one

Aurelius

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m about 95% sure this is a company rep or officer promoting their business with a fake review. Treat it with skepticism.

8F672584-C7C3-45F1-BC7F-3418664EAF8E.jpeg

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
I’m about 95% sure this is a company rep or officer promoting their business with a fake review. Treat it with skepticism.
I agree, especially since the OP is posting from Cancun, Mexico.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
.... I want to post my experience......help us get rid of our timeshare. ....
Now, I don't always use my Westgate at painted mountain......
A couple of weeks later I did exactly as they said and Halleluia! I honestly didn't think It would work but it did. ......
Marty B.

Hi Marty ,
There have been NO PRIOR TUG reports or thread postings of Westgate taking back any timeshare ownerships without a payment . Typically the payment is next years MF or a dollar figure of about $1000 .

Could you post details of how you deeded back a Westgate Painted Mountain to the developer - without incurring any cost - so that future readers can learn how they can do this .

Last edited:

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Marty ,
There have been NO PRIOR TUG reports or thread postings of Westgate taking back any timeshare ownerships without a payment . Typically the payment is next years MF or a dollar figure of about $1000 .

Could you post details of how you deeded back a Westgate Painted Mountain to the developer - without incurring any cost - so that future readers can learn how they can do this .

Don't hold your breath for Marty (ByrneM) as it doesn't appear that he or she has been on since October 28th.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I hope a moderator takes the name of that company out of the post. I don't want someone thinking this is a valid comment.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Don't hold your breath for Marty (ByrneM) as it doesn't appear that he or she has been on since October 28th.

I am certainly not holding my breath - based on Karen G info on the location- origin of the post.
I was primarily responding in order to :

1) help any future person who initially finds TUG by googling information about an "exit package" they have just bought
(while on vacation in Mexico or elsewhere ) to better understand what they were actually sold .

2) give a warning - on the off assumption that "Marty B " was a greenhorn newbie - who believed the "kool aid " and had actually been sent to a Viking Ship entity .

Last edited:

pianoetudes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham and Vidanta Grand Luxxe
The way the OP started the posting with ALL CAPITALS makes me think of some kind of advertisement.

IndianaTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Holiday
Since 1982
We are long time owners of a vacation club and have used it every year however we got our contract extended (not knowingly) for 30 more years...and that was 17 years ago. They say if we drop out they will go after our children.
. my husband is in his late 70’s. Anyway, we went to a Vidanta meeting this week as we are spending some time in Mexico. They offered to get us out of our current contract which we know we won’t use much longer...and sold us their membership for about half of what we would have paid with our current dues...and the new contract is pay as you go, nothing if you don’t use. It is a beautiful facility and 40 years newer than the places we go now. Has anyone had this experience? We still have the Mexican mandatory four days left to quit this and get our money back. I would like to hear any honest review...someone with actual experience with Vidanta. Helpful comments only and yes I am a newbie here...I just found this site yesterday.
Thank you.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
We are ....have used it every year ... extended (not knowingly) for 30 more years...and that was 17 years ago. They say if we drop out they will go after our children.. my husband is in his late 70’s. Anyway, we went to a Vidanta meeting this week ...They offered to get us out of our current contract.....and sold us their membership for about half ......We still have the Mexican mandatory four days left to quit this and get our money back. I would like to hear any honest reviews .....
Thank you.

1) I do not think Royal Holiday VC can go after your children / if you stop paying RH it possibly could effect your credit rating etc . <AFTER you have sorted out Vidanta - there are TUG threads that might be worth reading re those issues >

2) Vidanta has top quality resorts . They can be exchanged into via RCI , II , SFX etc / there is definitely good exchange access from May - mid Dec since they have built for peak season & use by owners in peak season .They are a growing company and take excellent care of all their properties .

3) Vidanta can’t really “ get you out of the contract “ . What they are doing is having you sign paperwork with a transfer company that will likely try to sell your Royal Holiday on ebay for $1 .
There is likely a cost to you (listed somewhere in the paperwork). If it does not sell - it could remain in your name as far as Royal Holiday is concerned .

4) The pay only if you use your Vidanta is legit .
Many / most of their contracts have worked this way since 2006.

5) The price your paying is the developer price . Any “trade in “ special price
is mostly smoke & mirrors .

6) READ what you signed very carefully and review . You have 4 days .

Last edited:

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Rescind ASAP

I will start with an apology because, I admit, I am jaded by all of the shills that come on TUG. Typically, people with serious questions about a timeshare purchase seeking honest feedback do not post questions and then add restrictions such as "helpful comments only". That is something shills do. If you are truly sincere, and not a shill like OP ByrneM, then rescind. Timeshare salespeople lie. Mexican timeshare salespeople would lie to their grandmother to make a sale. Probably 80% of what they told you was a lie. There are many stories about people trading in their timeshare only to find out later that their timeshare is in fact not traded in but rather is simply listed for sale with no buyers in sight. In essence, you still own it.

BTW, shill ByrneM, AKA Marty B, copy/pasted their exact same post on Redweek two days after the original TUG post.

Here is a good thread
https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php...rategy-from-timeshare-treadmill.261064/page-2

Last edited:

IndianaTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Holiday
Since 1982
Rescind ASAP

I will start with an apology because, I admit, I am jaded by all of the shills that come on TUG. Typically, people with serious questions about a timeshare purchase seeking honest feedback do not post questions and then add restrictions such as "helpful comments only". That is something shills do. If you are truly sincere, and not a shill like OP ByrneM, then rescind. Timeshare salespeople lie. Mexican timeshare salespeople would lie to their grandmother to make a sale. Probably 80% of what they told you was a lie. There are many stories about people trading in their timeshare only to find out later that their timeshare is in fact not traded in but rather is simply listed for sale with no buyers in sight. In essence, you still own it.

BTW, shill ByrneM, AKA Marty B, copy/pasted their exact same post on Redweek two days after the original TUG post.

Here is a good thread
https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php...rategy-from-timeshare-treadmill.261064/page-2
I don’t even know what a shill is. I said helpful comments only because I didn’t want to be berated for asking for sincere advice. The first person who responded gave me helpful advice. If we rescind I am not sure how to ho about it.

IndianaTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Holiday
Since 1982
1) I do not think Royal Holiday VC can go after your children / if you stop paying RH it possibly could effect your credit rating etc . <AFTER you have sorted out Vidanta - there are TUG threads that might be worth reading re those issues >

2) Vidanta has top quality resorts . They can be exchanged into via RCI , II , SFX etc / there is definitely good exchange access from May - mid Dec since they have built for peak season & use by owners in peak season .They are a growing company and take excellent care of all their properties .

3) Vidanta can’t really “ get you out of the contract “ . What they are doing is having you sign paperwork with a transfer company that will likely try to sell your Royal Holiday on ebay for $1 .
There is likely a cost to you (listed somewhere in the paperwork). If it does not sell - it could remain in your name as far as Royal Holiday is concerned .

4) The pay only if you use is legit .

IndianaTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Holiday
Since 1982

4) The pay only if you use is legit .

Thank you for your reply. We think we would like Vidanta but I am very nervous about the RH part. They said we would only pay for the deed transfer. If we rescind, do we cancel our credit card down payment first or do we call Vidanta ? Thank you.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
. If we rescind, do we cancel our credit card down payment first or do we call Vidanta ? Thank you.
Don’t call Vidanta or talk to any of the sales people. If you’re still in Mexico you need to deal only with the Member Services Dept. Your rescission must be in writing—just a simple written statement saying you wish to rescind your purchase & have everyone who signed the contract sign the letter. keep a copy for yourself and get the Member Services people to sign and date the copy indicating it was sent within the five business days. Don’t deal with the sales people any more.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
I don’t even know what a shill is. I said helpful comments only because I didn’t want to be berated for asking for sincere advice. The first person who responded gave me helpful advice. If we rescind I am not sure how to ho about it.

Check the contract for the instructions. Just know that if you call Vidanta there would be more lies as they try to save the sale/ commissions.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Thank you for your reply. We think we would like Vidanta but I am very nervous about the RH part. They said we would only pay for the deed transfer. If we rescind, do we cancel our credit card down payment first or do we call Vidanta ? Thank you.

Royal Holiday isn’t the easiest sale , even for $ 1 on ebay / if it was a low season Marriott or similar there would be less to worry about .

Your choices to rescind / 2 options
1) Vidanta Member Services / on resort - requires an appt - they are not sales .
VMS will try to get you to keep the contract by counter offering . They will also let you keep the contract at the same price ( or likely a better price ) without the “trade in “ < there are TUG Mexican Forum threads that confirm this > They will give you signed paperwork that confirms rescission if you tell them you are not keeping the contract .

2 ) Send by letter following the required time line - keep copies ( and also take a cell phone picture to date stamp) . You need a dated receipt and if in Mexico I would use a courier not Mexican post office . Some suggest sending a copy to Profeco .

Vidanta cannot issue a refund to the credit card if you cancel it . If you choose to rescind I would advise the credit card company that you rescinded and are awaiting a refund .

Vidanta is professionally run Mexican company with close to 20,000 employees.
Their Member Services process recessions with no issues as long as you do it within the required timeframe . Rescinding is a legal right - you do not need to give an explanation . It is like returning apparel to a store - no reason needed .

( some prefer the peace of mind of in person signed paperwork / some prefer sending - either works . )

In Nuevo Vallarta - the Member Services office is in the Grand Bliss building / 2nd floor - near the elevator .(same floor as the sales closing room) hours are 9-5 Mon - Friday .

DO NOT GO BACK TO SALES - you are an owner - with 4 days of option time .

Last edited: