• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

First case of COVID in our subdivision

Status
Not open for further replies.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
The asymptomatic nature of COVID-19 spread is probably the most terrifying of all its characteristics, probably the most important factor that justifies masking, social distancing, etc. But again, judgmental comments wouldn't be lobbed unless all those suggestions to contain the spread are being blatantly ignored.
The asymptomatic nature of Covid is common, just like the flu (1 in 3 are asymptomatic) . Just that this time it was exploited to the max to inflict panic. It seems it worked

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I would have to dispute that the rest of the country is close to shut down or shutting down. I'm not finding news like that, please name shut down states.

I don't know the situation in TN but they aren't the only stadium accepting spectators. Things are dynamic, could be the only attended event they have. Or maybe their situation is at plateau or decreasing infection rates, etc.

I did think it odd, watching some NFL over the weekend, how guests were distributed. BIG place, I would have thought people would have been MUCH more distanced. Honestly, facility management in a situation like this has got to be a headache.

There was an announcement today in California that the state may be imposing shut downs like they did in March.

Kauai has basically shut down to travel.

Things are slowly getting more restrictive again. Probably will be more so after the holidays when Covid has spread even more.

I do not understand why football games are allowed with spectators. Makes no sense to me. If schools can’t stay open, then why allow 16,000 people to congregate to watch a live game. I have never understood the fascination with watching people tackle each other anyway. It’s just a game. Not an essential service or even meaningful entertainment.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I remain against surveillance. Who is supposed to do that? I don't want anyone "policing" me or my house. It's completely unnecessary and quite creepy. I would call the cops if someone was coming around. Why would anyone just walk up to my house anyway?? Why would anyone be going to houses of others without invite during a pandemic? What's it to you if I get my groceries curbside? What's the problem with my heading to the doctor or picking up meds via drive through?

Numbers are public, they are real. Nobody has to disclose their status to you for it to be "real". Why not assume that everyone is infected vs demanding to know who has proof of sickness?
Door to door sales people, someone visiting etc.

If you have covid you should not leave your house except for emergency medical reason. Same with anyone staying with you. Curbside and drive thru is still putting those people working at risk. Same if you are in an accident and have to exchange info, car breaks down etc. Just stay home and wait it out. But I guess your freedoms are more important then others health.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have many friends who live in different parts of the country than I do and their kids are in school & participating in sports. They have had homecoming, they are taking SATs, etc.

Even Dr. Fauci now agrees that kids should be in school.

If you are high school senior in many metro areas of the US year, it is very likely that you will graduate high school in '21 without physically being in your school since March '20. Illinois is discussing, AGAIN, modifying some of the high school graduation requirements, like they did last spring. I find that really unbelievable.
I remember a couple of months ago when "somebody" was lecturing us on this site that we did not understand how dangerous schools were. We lived in an alternative universe we were told. The bad one of course not like the righteous people who watch TV. Now Mr. Fauci admitted it is not the case (yet another flip). A little too little too late especially since we had plenty of data for him to say it before the end of the summer vacation.

geekette

Reaction score

If you have covid you should not leave your house except for emergency medical reason. Same with anyone staying with you. Curbside and drive thru is still putting those people working at risk. Same if you are in an accident and have to exchange info, car breaks down etc. Just stay home and wait it out. But I guess your freedoms are more important then others health.
"But I guess your freedoms are more important then others health."

I said nothing of the kind. what a nasty insinuation. When have I posted anything about my precious freedoms??? You do not know what you're talking about.

I live alone and manage my life myself and am not out and about when not infected, so your expectation that I would go mingle when known to be positive is seriously offensive. I have spent most every day of the pandemic all by myself at my home. My essentials trips are rare and I get in and out as quickly as I can.

It is far safer for me to pick up a bag off a curb than send a delivery person to my door. Didn't you just want to warn door to door sales people away from my house, but would have some grocery delivery person to my door? Right to the infection?? Make up your mind.

I will not die at home, I will drive myself to ER after calling ahead. Get off your horse and tell me what you'd do instead of making assumptions about me. You're not quite in a position to tell anyone what to do.

geekette

Reaction score
There was an announcement today in California that the state may be imposing shut downs like they did in March.

Kauai has basically shut down to travel.

Things are slowly getting more restrictive again. Probably will be more so after the holidays when Covid has spread even more.

I do not understand why football games are allowed with spectators. Makes no sense to me. If schools can’t stay open, then why allow 16,000 people to congregate to watch a live game. I have never understood the fascination with watching people tackle each other anyway. It’s just a game. Not an essential service or even meaningful entertainment.
I think considering stay-at-home orders is not the same as shut down. But, ok, CA is considering restrictions. some places have curfews.

"Shut down to travel" is not same as closed businesses, and HI is not drive to, and waaaay too far to consider flying to for most of us. I thought they had mostly discouraged tourism for most of this, so it doesn't surprise me that they would close to tourists as needed.

I am with you on why allow anyone in stadiums. I do like football (it's not really about the tackling), but not enough to go see any in person this season. I haven't been following the season, would actually prefer that sports sit out until virus abates. I would be seriously angry if wealthy sports stars got vax before nurses. Big Money should not be able to cut in line.

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score

Even though I have a completely opposite viewpoint on Covid , I admire your comments here. You have a position and it's consistent. You believe that ALL people need to be protected from Covid.

See the issue that I have is that once we get the gov't involved with picking which businesses are essential, or which leisure activities are safe, etc, it's gets awfully complicated. And it puts some people are risk while others are protected. Getting Grub Hub or groceries delivered has always seemed a bit elitist to me. So I like the fact that you have 100% consistency in your views.

Tangentially related -- can your children go to school where you live?

geekette

Reaction score
....Getting Grub Hub or groceries delivered has always seemed a bit elitist to me.

While I wouldn't call it elitist, it is not no-cost. A buck goes less far as soon as the labor is outsourced.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
One should not be fooled by the theory that just those that are against mandatory measures contribute to the spread of the virus:

Last edited:

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
One should not be fooled by the theory that just those that are against mandatory measure contribute to the spread of the virus:

And this

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
and this
1606834022285.png

and this
1606834110894.png

(Gavin Newsom 'ate birthday dinner INSIDE California restaurant' )

I can go on and on

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok, if I may add, in congress 18 representatives tested positive so far. 8 on one side, 10 on the other side. Given the small number, it is not statistically significant and one can argue that both sides contribute equally despite what they claim they do.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score

If you have covid you should not leave your house except for emergency medical reason. Same with anyone staying with you. Curbside and drive thru is still putting those people working at risk. Same if you are in an accident and have to exchange info, car breaks down etc. Just stay home and wait it out.
But I guess your freedoms are more important then others health.
This is an easy one. The freedom is what brought prosperity to the Western world and implicitly a major contributor to the health care system. Freedom equals health.
Unless one believes that the most advanced health care systems in the world are in the totalitarian countries ;)

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
and this
View attachment 29313

and this
View attachment 29314

(Gavin Newsom 'ate birthday dinner INSIDE California restaurant' )

I can go on and on

Does anyone know if Falci and Newsom have already had COVID or the date of the second photo? Perhaps the two have had one of the trial vaccines? I agree, it doesn't look good to the public to see these. The administration of our country has, in general, set a bad example and may have endangered many people because of it.

We knew next to nothing about this virus when it began. It's unfolded before us. Some actions we feared in the beginning have been shown to not be methods of spreading. Masks were not encouraged in the beginning, personally I think because of the shortage of them at the time and the greater need of them for first responders and those at higher risk. Later they determined that the virus is airborne so masks were then encouraged, in some places mandated. I feel that everyone should be wearing them around other people to protect themselves as well as others and to set a good example. To wear a mask is a small thing to ask of people with the exception of those who have respiratory conditions which might be worsened by an ordinary mask.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Even though I have a completely opposite viewpoint on Covid , I admire your comments here. You have a position and it's consistent. You believe that ALL people need to be protected from Covid.

See the issue that I have is that once we get the gov't involved with picking which businesses are essential, or which leisure activities are safe, etc, it's gets awfully complicated. And it puts some people are risk while others are protected. Getting Grub Hub or groceries delivered has always seemed a bit elitist to me. So I like the fact that you have 100% consistency in your views.

Tangentially related -- can your children go to school where you live?

Students entered classes first week of March and then March 13 closed. Our school offered work to be self taught and graded through the website and then in April when the writing was on the wall started online classes. Eventually other private schools followed and July 20th public school started and in a few weeks all will finish the year. Public school in this form is not much but by computer, radio and tv. Even schools with 8 kids, some being siblings and no roads to get to the school are treated the same as 500 students in a school where students come from all over a city of a million people. Its been reported that a lot of the rural schools do not have or not enough running water to operate a school post covid with more hand washing etc. A need for larger reserve tanks. Now we get almost 3 months of vacation wondering what happens for the next school year. Also what the kids will do during these coming months. Mine will ride bikes, tv, tablet, go to the beach, visit my farms with me they play with the next door neighbours kid and 3 cousins. Thankfully we can be outside year round and live in an area with very few cases (so far).

To respond to the other person if you have corona virus or are living with someone who does then you should not go out except for medical emergency. Any thing else creates more risk for others. A sign on the before door stating do not enter is helpful. If you need food call a delivery service or get a friend/family to drop it off outside the house for you to pick up after they leave. If you have a dog invest in some old newspapers or special pads for the dog. If you work stay home. If you are bored suck it up. None of these are reasons to go out and endanger others. These are the freedoms I am talking about should not be put in front of other peoples health. A lot of people think they are being safe but in the end that does not matter when one gets sick and spreads it.

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Falci and Newsom have already had COVID or the date of the second photo? Perhaps the two have had one of the trial vaccines? I agree, it doesn't look good to the public to see these. The administration of our country has, in general, set a bad example and may have endangered many people because of it.

We knew next to nothing about this virus when it began. It's unfolded before us. Some actions we feared in the beginning have been shown to not be methods of spreading. Masks were not encouraged in the beginning, personally I think because of the shortage of them at the time and the greater need of them for first responders and those at higher risk. Later they determined that the virus is airborne so masks were then encouraged, in some places mandated. I feel that everyone should be wearing them around other people to protect themselves as well as others and to set a good example. To wear a mask is a small thing to ask of people with the exception of those who have respiratory conditions which might be worsened by an ordinary mask.
Fauci has said that wearing a mask will still be necessary even after a vaccine.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score

The fact that you are asking the question shows how little the mainstream media have discussed about anything that is against the official narrative. It is likely that most Tuggers have seen those picture on this site for the first time.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Fauci has said that wearing a mask will still be necessary even after a vaccine.

Do you want to bet that many restrictions will be still in place long after Covid is officially over and that we will deal with a new virus in the not so distant future? The current situation is too convenient for those in power to let it go so easily. I mean those that are really in power.

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you want to bet that many restrictions will be still in place long after Covid is officially over and that we will deal with a new virus in the not so distant future? The current situation is too convenient for some in power to let it go so easily.
That's an easy bet.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
Getting Grub Hub or groceries delivered has always seemed a bit elitist to me.

While we have only one restaurant deliver (they have always done so and are two blocks behind our house) and have no groceries delivered (curbside pick-up instead) I don't see getting groceries or meals delivered as elitist. I know it adds more cost but for those at high risk it may be what they need to do in order to stay in their homes and thus find a way to make up for it by cutting other costs. My best friend across our state has a very serious lung condition and her weight is down to 85 pounds. I am so thankful that the deacons of her church, and their wives, have been helping her, actually for years, but steadily since the outbreak. Most are younger couples who buy her groceries weekly (some even paying for them though that is not what my friend wants them to do) and bring them to her front door. The dog lovers among them, come over and take her dog for a long walk most days so that she only needs to take him out the door for a minute the rest of the time. Her neighbor has a concierge house sitting etc. service and gives up her own fee and provides a cleaning person once a week for my friend. My friend pays $25. towards that. Money is very tight for her but it is worth it to give her life as cleaning her small apartment is a monumental task for someone with a lung disease.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
You believe that ALL people need to be protected from Covid.

Now that I consider this, I have to agree with your implied comment that some do not believe all people should be protected from Covid. For instance, those who supported the misguided belief of achieving herd immunity without a vaccine.

See the issue that I have is that once we get the gov't involved with picking which businesses are essential, or which leisure activities are safe, etc, it's gets awfully complicated.

Yes, it’s complicated. But the role of our elected leadership is to make decisions such as these in order to protect the community. That is their job. Some are obviously doing better than others, while some are being stymied by the courts (allowing religious services while not allowing other types of meetings is objectively just crazy).

And it puts some people are risk while others are protected. Getting Grub Hub or groceries delivered has always seemed a bit elitist to me.

If acting in this manner some consider elitist saves lives, call me an elitist. It’s obviously more expensive, yet it’s a small price to pay for contributing to lowering the spread (and for what it’s worth, I’ve discovered that the time I save by not shopping for myself is worth the minor increase I pay for the service). And then there are the companies setup for just delivery and don’t have a retail presence, such as Imperfect Foods, which I’ve found to actually be less overall than going to the market. How about Amazon? Walmart? Costco? And the many, many thousands of small businesses that only exist online and deliver 100% of their products?

I wonder if those who consider online shoppers to be elitists would reconsider if they knew some of the people shopping in this manner are at high risk for covid and are simply following the best advice by not only reducing the number of people congregating in stores but also lowering the risk of a poor outcome for themselves.

The manner in which we are classifying and criticizing others is really quite sad. It certainly seems some people want nothing more but to create divisions, promote unsupported failed theories (um...Sweden, anyone?), and blame our scientists for not knowing exactly what to do before anyone knew for certain how the virus spread and who was at risk and that their advice changes, as it should, with new evidence. Yet these same people who believe they have all the answers appear intelligent, so why is it so difficult for them to comprehend that scientists give advice based on the facts they know, and as the facts change with more insight so do their recommendations. But no, some people blame scientists for changing their recommendations over time, as if they should have known better before they had the info. These duplicitous comments detract from the goal of keeping as many people safe from Covid as possible, and in some cases work to promote community infection.

There’s also this recurring theme in these threads of the emotional toll taken on our children by not having schools open. Yet even now, when some experts promote openings of schools in certain areas and for certain ages (note none of the experts have said all schools should be open everywhere), the recent recommendation I have read states very clearly that young children should be in school but adolescents and teenagers should not since they spread Covid just as rapidly as adults. These nuances get lost in the posts, and in many cases simply not mentioned, and we are presented with statements such as Fauci thinks schools should be open (when actually he never said anything so simple, and which thinking so is taking his comments out of context). It seems that even in a pandemic with over a quarter of a million Americans dead, we cannot be honest about the dangers and the recommendations of the experts and instead criticize anything that doesn’t fit within our individual view of the world.

We can only do the best we can with the information we have, and when we cannot agree on what information is accurate or tear apart the scientists and experts working to save our lives, we are being counterproductive.

The facts are plain to see for all. We are currently at a point with increasing infections almost everywhere in America. Daily infection rate in Los Angeles alone has more than doubled in recent weeks. Hospitals are being overloaded with too few medical staff. The vaccines which will soon be available will help, but based on the latest information it will be many months before we have sufficient quantities to know when this might...just might...end. Avoid crowds, stay home as much as possible, wash your hands, wear masks, and be safe...and healthy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Some really have chutzpa to call Sweden a failure when they had 20% less deaths than the US and most of their deaths were at the beginning of the pandemic when a lockdown would have not helped much.

Brett

Reaction score
Some really have chutzpa to call Sweden a failure when they had 20% less deaths than the US and most of their deaths were at the beginning of the pandemic when a lockdown would have not helped much.

Now that I consider this, I have to agree with your implied comment that some do not believe all people should be protected from Covid. For instance, those who supported the misguided belief of achieving herd immunity without a vaccine.

Yes, it’s complicated. But the role of our elected leadership is to make decisions such as these in order to protect the community. That is their job. Some are obviously doing better than others, while some are being stymied by the courts (allowing religious services while not allowing other types of meetings is objectively just crazy).

If acting in this manner some consider elitist saves lives, call me an elitist. It’s obviously more expensive, yet it’s a small price to pay for contributing to lowering the spread (and for what it’s worth, I’ve discovered that the time I save by not shopping for myself is worth the minor increase I pay for the service). And then there are the companies setup for just delivery and don’t have a retail presence, such as Imperfect Foods, which I’ve found to actually be less overall than going to the market. How about Amazon? Walmart? Costco? And the many, many thousands of small businesses that only exist online and deliver 100% of their products?

I wonder if those who consider online shoppers to be elitists would reconsider if they knew some of the people shopping in this manner are at high risk for covid and are simply following the best advice by not only reducing the number of people congregating in stores but also lowering the risk of a poor outcome for themselves.

The manner in which we are classifying and criticizing others is really quite sad. It certainly seems some people want nothing more but to create divisions, promote unsupported failed theories (um...Sweden, anyone?), and blame our scientists for not knowing exactly what to do before anyone knew for certain how the virus spread and who was at risk and that their advice changes, as it should, with new evidence. Yet these same people who believe they have all the answers appear intelligent, so why is it so difficult for them to comprehend that scientists give advice based on the facts they know, and as the facts change with more insight so do their recommendations. But no, some people blame scientists for changing their recommendations over time, as if they should have known better before they had the info. These duplicitous comments detract from the goal of keeping as many people safe from Covid as possible, and in some cases work to promote community infection.

There’s also this recurring theme in these threads of the emotional toll taken on our children by not having schools open. Yet even now, when some experts promote openings of schools in certain areas and for certain ages (note none of the experts have said all schools should be open everywhere), the recent recommendation I have read states very clearly that young children should be in school but adolescents and teenagers should not since they spread Covid just as rapidly as adults. These nuances get lost in the posts, and in many cases simply not mentioned, and we are presented with statements such as Fauci thinks schools should be open (when actually he never said anything so simple, and which thinking so is taking his comments out of context). It seems that even in a pandemic with over a quarter of a million Americans dead, we cannot be honest about the dangers and the recommendations of the experts and instead criticize anything that doesn’t fit within our individual view of the world.

We can only do the best we can with the information we have, and when we cannot agree on what information is accurate or tear apart the scientists and experts working to save our lives, we are being counterproductive.

The facts are plain to see for all. We are currently at a point with increasing infections almost everywhere in America. Daily infection rate in Los Angeles alone has more than doubled in recent weeks. Hospitals are being overloaded with too few medical staff. The vaccines which will soon be available will help, but based on the latest information it will be many months before we have sufficient quantities to know when this might...just might...end. Avoid crowds, stay home as much as possible, wash your hands, wear masks, and be safe...and healthy.

WHO would have the HUTS-PAH to call liberal socialist Sweden a failure ?

swed.jpg

Last edited:

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
WHO would have the HUTS-PAH to call liberal socialist Sweden a failure ?

View attachment 29320

Ha! It’s also absurd to compare Sweden to the US, when the US has gone out of its way to make Covid much worse than it should have been. Compare Sweden instead to New Zealand, Australia, or many other countries. Then look at the messaging from these governments and experts, and then read up on the expectation that inherent community and social thinking in Sweden would have a natural benefit to limiting the spread.

Yeah, chutzpah is not always a bad thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.