• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

First case of COVID in our subdivision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Re: these mayors and governors violating their social distancing rules:

It isn’t that they’re hypocrites or bad examples

It shows they’re not as afraid of covid as they claim to be, and are exaggerating the risk.

You could be right. Or, it could be that they simply rationalized their actions and still believe in what they’re saying.

The numbers are increasing, the hospitals are getting full, and hundreds of thousands in this country alone are dead from this disease in less than a year. We failed as a country, and I don’t think we need to wonder if politicians are exaggerating the risk or not...it doesn’t take much common sense to answer that. Stay. Home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
The virus has been with us from December 2019, the researchers found 106 samples with coronavirus antibodies out of 7389 blood donations. Because these were random and not taken from people who were sick, had symptoms etc., we may extrapolate this to the whole US population and conclude that 4.7 million people had the virus already by then. How come if it was so infectious and so deadly the number of deaths at the time was not a lot higher than normal? What the heck are they not telling us?

My take is that the politicians do not believe one iota of what they are saying on TV. Same with the journalists. Look at Chris Cuomo. He was on TV every day describing his isolation in the basement and his terrible suffering, but in fact he was going outdoors to supervise his villa construction. This crisis has been very convenient for them, they have resolved a lot of items on their wish list. Same for richest people who got one trillion dollar richer while US as a whole added 10 trillions in debt (when you count the government, corporate and personal debt)

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
The virus has been with us from December 2019, the researchers found 106 samples with coronavirus antibodies out of 7389 blood donations. Because these were random and not taken from people who were sick, had symptoms etc., we may extrapolate this to the whole US population and conclude that 4.7 million people had the virus already by then. How come if it was so infectious and so deadly the number of deaths at the time was not a lot higher than normal? What the heck are they not telling us?

My take is that the politicians do not believe one iota of what they are saying on TV. Same with the journalists. Look at Chris Cuomo. He was on TV every day describing his isolation in the basement and his terrible suffering, but in fact he was going outdoors to supervise his villa construction. This crisis has been very convenient for them, they have resolved a lot of items on their wish list. Same for richest people who got one trillion dollar richer while US as a whole added 10 trillions in debt (when you count the government, corporate and personal debt)

This is it exactly. And I love the mayor of Austin lecturing his community about how to behave FROM HIS TIMESHARE IN CABO.
The public service messages are absolutely laughable at this point & have zero credibility.

Oh, and my governor (IL) has his family hunkering down in FL of all places. You know, scary FL , where they have a governor that has lifted so many restrictions.

Brett

Reaction score
[/QUOTE]
This is it exactly. And I love the mayor of Austin lecturing his community about how to behave FROM HIS TIMESHARE IN CABO.
The public service messages are absolutely laughable at this point & have zero credibility.

Oh, and my governor (IL) has his family hunkering down in FL of all places. You know, scary FL , where they have a governor that has lifted so many restrictions.

yes, the coronavirus is a huge conspiracy for the rich to get even richer

conspir.jpg

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Is it supposed to be a newsflash that politicians and other known faces can be as selfishly stupid as anyone else in this country? If you didn't know it before these last few years you've certainly had it drilled into your heads since.

But by all means, let's be as stupid as they are and insist that if they can do it so can we, consequences be damned.

<eyeroll>

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is it supposed to be a newsflash that politicians and other known faces can be as selfishly stupid as anyone else in this country? If you didn't know it before these last few years you've certainly had it drilled into your heads since.

But by all means, let's be as stupid as they are and insist that if they can do it so can we, consequences be damned.
Let's all follow a lockdown policy that has incredible consequences be damned.

my own eyeroll

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cornell said:

ME: @Cornell Precisely. This is not a case where a priest in a moment of weakness is making out with a parishioner. The politicians instead just do not seem concerned about the level of risk for themselves and their beloved families.

1607005322622.png

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
Re: these mayors and governors violating their social distancing rules:

It isn’t that they’re hypocrites or bad examples

It shows they’re not as afraid of covid as they claim to be, and are exaggerating the risk.
For what reason? Can you elaborate on why a politician would or anyone would do this. And since every country in the world, every state and national health department, and all national health care worker groups agree it is a pretty big group that has this policy. Please elaborate on this huge conspiracy you see.

Or is 279,806 deaths pretty good evidence that human nature allows us to take risks assuming it will not happen to them. The more we hear that it hits certain ages harder, certain races harder, and with politicians we will get that great compassionate use drug that we can rationalize our behavior.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Your plan?

The plan is simple: protect the vulnerable, let everybody else live their lives otherwise we put the future of our kids (and grandkids) in great jeopardy.

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Your plan?
My plan - let people make their own personal choices regarding their lives -- just like our politicians and medical officials are doing for their own families.

Open schools, open businesses.

Protect the vulnerable.

Lockdown measures don't work.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
There’s no room for doubt any longer.

Those who pontificate for opening schools, opening businesses, point to Sweden as a shining example of how to address Covid, decry the emotional toll on disrupting their lives, complain of politicians who make mistakes (shocker), criticize and demean scientists and health workers who have dedicated themselves to saving lives, and dismiss common sense on TUG believe fringe concepts promoted by conspiracy groups.

Even this sickness has infiltrated TUG. Sad day on many counts.

We desperately need to teach critical thinking skills, as it’s obviously lacking in many, among other changes or else this symptom will continue.

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
My plan - let people make their own personal choices regarding their lives -- just like our politicians and medical officials are doing for their own families.

Protect the vulnerable.

That actually looks like a lack of a plan. And I am curious how we did much better after locking down in the spring?????? Wonder why FL, TX, and Arizona did better in the summer after they increased restrictions????? How did Europe obtain their early success in depressing the virus if it was not lockdowns? How has China almost eliminated it if it was not for their draconian lockdowns? Just saying they do not work does not make it true. While there is a lot of discussion to be had as to what to close and stay open the restrictions do work. The three areas I know had pretty hard restrictions did the best soon after. They are Wuhan, Italy, and Madrid. Please show how 1 area depressed an ongoing outbreak without increasing restrictions. The same restrictions that have been championed by everyone in the know since March. Wear a mask. Limit interactions. Wash your hands. As to safety we have always limited those personal decisions. I cannot shot gun a 12 pack and go see if my car can hit 100 in a school zone.

Last edited:

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
It will just magically go away...

It will just magically go away... ... ... after about a million Americans die.

It will just magically go away... ... ... because scientists (scientists = people who study and believe in science) created a vaccine.

But to many people, it will have just magically gone away.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
There’s no room for doubt any longer.

Those who pontificate for opening schools, opening businesses, point to Sweden as a shining example of how to address Covid, decry the emotional toll on disrupting their lives, complain of politicians who make mistakes (shocker), criticize and demean scientists and health workers who have dedicated themselves to saving lives, and dismiss common sense on TUG believe fringe concepts promoted by conspiracy groups.

Even this sickness has infiltrated TUG. Sad day on many counts.

We desperately need to teach critical thinking skills, as it’s obviously lacking in many, among other changes or else this symptom will continue.

1) Mr. Fauci is now for opening the schools. Do you include him in the group that promotes "conspiracies"?

2) Concerning the "teaching the critical thinking skills", obviously intended as an insult, don't you think that we actually see your side AND incorporate a lot of other information before coming to our own conclusion? If anything, our thinking is the result of more work and more thinking not less. The fact that many of us have statistical, math, engineering backgrounds and have a trained eye in spotting inconsistencies in the official numbers should make you reflect a bit more.

Last edited:

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
It will just magically go away... ... ... after about a million Americans die.

It will just magically go away... ... ... because scientists (scientists = people who study and believe in science) created a vaccine.

But to many people, it will have just magically gone away.
Those at risk can stay home. Those that are not can live their lives. It is not a matter of the virus going away or not. Especially knowing that God knows, another virus will come along sooner or later.

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Those at risk can stay home. Those that are not can live their lives. It is not a matter of the virus going away or not. Especially knowing that God knows, another virus will come along sooner or later.

A million people dying is a big deal to me. YMMV

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
1) Mr. Fauci is now for opening the schools. Do you include him in the group that promotes "conspiracies"?

2) Concerning the "teaching the critical thinking skills", obviously intended as an insult, don't you think that we actually see your side AND incorporate a lot of other information before coming to our own conclusion? If anything, our thinking is the result of more work and more thinking not less. The fact that many of us have strong statistical, math, engineering backgrounds and have a trained eye in spotting inconsistencies in the official numbers should make you reflect a bit more.
But Danny - the science is settled. Period.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score

Brett

Reaction score

Protect the vulnerable.

Like others have indicated that's not a pandemic plan - just everyone doing their own thing

coron.jpg

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
But Danny - the science is settled. Period.

You keep writing this as if it is true, when it’s not. One of the more concerning unknown areas are the long term implications of Covid.

As for transmission...well, yes, the science is fairly clear. Asymptomatic spread is high which is why opening businesses and schools is not the smartest choice.

geekette

Reaction score
The US did not do "lock down". Brief shut downs lifted too soon in too many areas. Some areas went along with what other areas were doing but had no reason to lock down without the virus in its community. I understand why residents in those areas feel they lost everything 'for nothing', as it might not be until now that they have a real problem.

It's not so simple to say lock downs didn't work when they were never actually implemented here in a way that would have made them effective. New York did in fact restrict residents to a level at which spread did come down. They haven't been "a hot spot" since very early in this. VERY early in this.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
You keep writing this as if it is true, when it’s not. One of the more concerning unknown areas are the long term implications of Covid.

As for transmission...well, yes, the science is fairly clear. Asymptomatic spread is high which is why opening businesses and schools is not the smartest choice.

Every virus, including the flu have had long term implications. This is another scare tactic without a base line for comparison and another proof that your analysis is lacking "critical thinking"

Status
Not open for further replies.