• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

First case of COVID in our subdivision

Status
Not open for further replies.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Using your own argument, it is absurd to compare to Australia and New Zealand. Why don't you compare those 2 countries to Tanzania, Burundi and Mongolia that have done a lot better without the strict measures?

Last edited:

Firepath

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC
In Tennessee, they allow stadium sports. Someone I know on Facebook just attended a football game in a huge stadium in Memphis. She said it was like a ghost town because they were limiting attendance. However there we 16,000 people in attendance and the photos looked like there were lots of people anyway. So how can TN allow that when the rest of country is close to shut down or shutting down.
They'd literally die before they gave up football.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Los Angeles County to Launch Grant Program to Help Restaurants Impacted by COVID-19 Restrictions

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Two more examples, the mayors of San Francisco and San Jose. I think it is time to leave the hairstylists and gym owners alone

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
It sounds like telling people what to do is a political decision, with many politicians not following their own guidance. They have more information than us so this is signaling to people that they do not really believe things are as serious.

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
It sounds like telling people what to do is a political decision, with many politicians not following their own guidance. They have more information than us so this is signaling to people that they do not really believe things are as serious.
Don't forget that Gavin N was dining at The French Laundry with CEO of the California Medical Association Dustin Corcoran. So it's medical professionals, too, not following the guidelines.

We hear all of the time "The science is settled!". If it were, why are these people taking such risks?

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis

No. Politicians are failed humans, like the rest of us. This certainly isn’t the first time politicians have been caught doing something wrong. We should expect it, and not let it sway us from using common sense and staying safe. In fact, I can think of many things politicians do that I wouldn’t even consider! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Par for the course. At election time they have voters fighting over who is better when both should be sent pink slips.

Brett

Reaction score
No. Politicians are failed humans, like the rest of us. This certainly isn’t the first time politicians have been caught doing something wrong. We should expect it, and not let it sway us from using common sense and staying safe. In fact, I can think of many things politicians do that I wouldn’t even consider! :)

yes, some politicians are failed humans

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jemima...00-north-dakota-residents-now-dead-from-covid

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score

Clearly they do not believe one bit in the paranoia they created and amplified. That is for the serfs. Do you recognize the characters? A very famous fist bump about 2-3 weeks ago. The location, the US senate. Aside from the fist bump you will notice how close the 3 were, little to no social distancing. Do they lack self preservation or there is something else going on?

1606951364757.png

Last edited:

Brett

Reaction score
Clearly they do not believe one bit in the paranoia they created and amplified. That is for the serfs. Do you recognize the characters? A very famous fist bump about 2-3 weeks ago. The location, the US senate. Aside from the fist bump you will notice how close the 3 were, little to no social distancing. Are they suicidal or there is something else going on?

OMG !

I hope everyone follows CDC social distance guidelines

social.jpg

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Clearly they do not believe one bit in the paranoia they created and amplified. That is for the serfs. Do you recognize the characters? A very famous fist bump about 2-3 weeks ago. The location, the US senate. Aside from the fist bump you will notice how close the 3 were, little to no social distancing. Do they lack self preservation or there is something else going on?

View attachment 29414
So dangerous! Reckless! And selfish .

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
We can find people doing stupid things all the time. Are you seriously justifying not adhering to science based on the stupid actions by a few, even if those few are in positions of authority?

For that matter...this entire forum was created in part to help prevent people from making stupid timeshare purchases. C’mon, let’s get real.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
We can find people doing stupid things all the time. Are you seriously justifying not adhering to science based on the stupid actions by a few, even if those few are in positions of authority?

For that matter...this entire forum was created in part to help prevent people from making stupid timeshare purchases. C’mon, let’s get real.

You see my friend, the science is a very complicated matter actually. This top German scientist states that the quarantine should be 5 days. In the US, it was 14 until 2 days ago and now it is 10 I think. Why did it take the CDC so many months to shorten from 14 to 10 days when the science was there months ago? Canada of course is not even talking about shortening it yet. Another set of scientists, another interpretation. How long is it going to take Hawaii to shorten it?

Last edited:

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Re: these mayors and governors violating their social distancing rules:

It isn’t that they’re hypocrites or bad examples

It shows they’re not as afraid of covid as they claim to be, and are exaggerating the risk.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Re: these mayors and governors violating their social distancing rules:

It isn’t that they’re hypocrites or bad examples

It shows they’re not as afraid of covid as they claim to be, and are exaggerating the risk.

Perhaps but I think there is a lot of "do as I say not as I do" syndrome in politics.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Tongue-in-cheek and a sense of irony is all I meant!

(Warning- this response is in jest:cautious:!)
Permanent Tattoo that can be superimposed with an X tattoo after vaccine, negative test or recovery!

No offense meant to any one here. Humor is a great antidote to the horrific #s daily. Contact tracing has been a measure I've always been for, but the reality of doing so accurately is a big problem.
I haven't heard much about contact tracing here in CA. However, tonight there was a tv news story about a large outbreak -- 64 cases -- stemming from a church with multiple locations. A footnote to the story said the reason they named the church was due to time constraints of contact tracing efforts.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I read a lot of smug moral superiority in many of these posts that people who have Covid somehow didn't do the "right" things or it could have been prevented.

Covid came into my house because my daughter works at an car dealership. She's a gopher there. Runs around while she's there dealing with many customers each day. She runs service records back and forth, fetches loaner cars, processes paperwork. Masks are required. She washes her hands.

Most likely she got Covid there. Hard to imagine where else she could have gotten it as she does't go to school (not allowed!) nor are sports allowed. You see - -she is doing one of of those jobs that people can't do from home. She's out in the public eye. Not everyone can participate in society behind a keyboard.

And when she got Covid, I made the decision as her mother that I wasn't going to lock her in her room for 10-14 days while I delivered her meals to her bedroom. Sorry - but I don't roll that way as a mom. I"m healthy & 52. Very very minimal chance that something would happen to me if I got Covid. And , yes, I got it. I'm not complaining about it. Sure, it hasn't been pleasant but I have stayed-put and feel confident that I haven't spread it to anyone in the community.

Things happen. People get sick.
I find it fascinating that the illness hit while she was working -- not during your travels.

Status
Not open for further replies.