• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

First case of COVID in our subdivision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Great, you are N of one then. I am sure a lot of people think they are like you but they keep spreading the cases.
When you are positive, how are you going to spread the news? (Some people following all of the guidelines have still gotten Covid.)

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
response self-reproduced

LMD

TUG Member
Reaction score
Contact tracing doesn't work that way.

Based on the judgmental comments I read towards people that get sick, I don't blame anyone for not revealing a positive diagnosis to anyone. Who needs that kind of grief on top of being sick?
However if someone who is actively interacting with other members of the community contracts COVID they most certainly should let the rest of the community know...... close contact with others leading an aerobics class, in other peoples homes with the house cleaning business. Why....because it is the RIGHT thing to do!

beejaybeeohio

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
Perhaps a large C posted on the front door of Covid-infected people? When my grandson (21 & Type 1) contracted the virus in June, my DD told me that there was a "C" put on her front door by her SC Health Dep't. I fell for her tale since I've been called Gullible's Traveler many a time. He had a mild case with just a fever for a little over 24 hours, exhaustion and a loss of taste. No one else in the household contracted it.

bluehende

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Perhaps a large C posted on the front door of Covid-infected people? When my grandson (21 & Type 1) contracted the virus in June, my DD told me that there was a "C" put on her front door by her SC Health Dep't. I fell for her tale since I've been called Gullible's Traveler many a time. He had a mild case with just a fever for a little over 24 hours, exhaustion and a loss of taste. No one else in the household contracted it.
Do you realize that the info you seem to make fun of in your first few sentences is the exact reason you can type that last sentence?

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don’t know many neighbors up north, but I was told about people who had Covid. 15 people this fall actually in a small neighborhood but the neighborhood is mostly working people, more exposure than the seniors in Florida
The kids are in person school but so far only high school has had to temporarily go virtual
My oldest grandson, age 11, was really upset with the high school kids who got Rona and shut down the bowling league

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
However if someone who is actively interacting with other members of the community contracts COVID they most certainly should let the rest of the community know...... close contact with others leading an aerobics class, in other peoples homes with the house cleaning business. Why....because it is the RIGHT thing to do!
To her credit she put it out there when she knew she was exposed and notified the office when confirmed. The office is trying to contact trace all the participants

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
I live in a similar sized, over-55 community. We had our second (that I know of) case last week. It is a cautionary tale for all of us who are yearning to get out and travel more. The resident caught it from an out of town relative who came for a visit. The relative didn't know they had it and 'felt' it was safe to travel to our community because we mostly are following the recommendations. He felt safe, and never gave serious thought to whether he was a carrier. They each let down their guards because they 'felt' safe. The resident only had contact with a neighbor and that's how we learned of it. Both are quarantining and it will likely be contained to those 2 households.
I am sure the relative feels horrible to have infected their older relative. However, given the amount of information and warnings against traveling, given the information about the large number of suspected asymptomatics, I have zero sympathy. The decision to travel for a visit, etc, was all based on how safe the visitor felt without thinking through the potential consequences for others. It's past time for us to stop acting based on feelings and start thinking instead.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The decision to travel for a visit, etc, was all based on how safe the visitor felt without thinking through the potential consequences for others. It's past time for us to stop acting based on feelings and start thinking instead.
Traveling has nothing to do with this. It could just as well have been the neighbor next door. The virus doesn't jump on someone when they cross a state line. This boils down to what safety practices anyone has been following.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I think covid positives should be made public to the neighbours and where they work. Here the health agency shows up in hazmat suits possibly daily but nothing official.

Maybe people who test positive to Covid should wear a scarlet C on their foreheads.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Maybe people who test positive to Covid should wear a scarlet C on their foreheads.

Maybe everybody could stop ridiculously worrying about reasonable pandemic restrictions taking away their civil liberties unduly. Maybe instead everybody should follow the simple-enough guidelines so that we won't have to sarcastically suggest that the ones who aren't need to carve letters into their foreheads or post notices on their front doors or have their names/addresses published in newspaper and on TV, all ridiculously exaggerated measures except for the fact that they'd let the rest of us know who's behaving selfishly.

<eyeroll>

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Maybe everybody could stop ridiculously worrying about reasonable pandemic restrictions taking away their civil liberties unduly. Maybe instead everybody should follow the simple-enough guidelines so that we won't have to sarcastically suggest that the ones who aren't need to carve letters into their foreheads or post notices on their front doors or have their names/addresses published in newspaper and on TV, all ridiculously exaggerated measures except for the fact that they'd let the rest of us know who's behaving selfishly.

<eyeroll>

I contend that the people who are selfish are the ones that would agree with the restrictions to the freedoms of others because of their own fears. Destroy people's businesses, cause undue harm to others in terms of suicides, mental health issues like depression, loss of education, etc. I am honestly so sick of hearing about the selfishness of people that only want to exercise their God given rights like breathing fresh air and reasonably safe social interaction while it is really THEY who are the selfish ones.

Ok. Now I know I will be crucified o TUG for saying so to a moderator.I couldn't help myself.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I contend that the people who are selfish are the ones that would agree with the restrictions to the freedoms of others because of their own fears. Destroy people's businesses, cause undue harm to others in terms of suicides, mental health issues like depression, loss of education, etc. I am honestly so sick of hearing about the selfishness of people that only want to exercise their God given rights like breathing fresh air and reasonably safe social interaction while it is really THEY who are the selfish ones.

Ok. Now I know I will be crucified o TUG for saying so to a moderator.I couldn't help myself.

FYI, when I post as a moderator I say so. As far as I'm concerned anybody can disagree with any of my opinions that have absolutely nothing to do with moderating.

If you're following the reasonable suggestions to wear a mask and practice social distancing when it's warranted, then you're not one of the selfish people who need the C carved into their foreheads (which again, was a sarcastic reaction and *not* my idea.)

It's honestly like we're living in two different realities! None of us can deny that there are still far too many people in this country who choose to believe that COVID-19 doesn't even exist, or that it's not as serious a disease as the numbers show, or that only elderly and people with compromised health conditions are at risk, or that any attempt at all to restrict its spread are reason to rant and rave ridiculously about civil liberties being taken away unduly. *Those people,* the ones who are completely denying the reality, are the ones I'm talking about. If you're not doing those things, you shouldn't feel as though I'm targeting you.

And if you think I'm not seriously concerned about the mental health issues that co-exist with COVID-19, you obviously haven't read the posts where I talk about the mental health issues that the caregivers I know are suffering. All three nurses in my family are at the point where they're saying outright that they, "hate the public." My son the nursing home administrator is dealing daily with residents/staff becoming ill despite pleading with all employees/visitors and vendors to please follow all the precautions while at the same time he has the responsibility of dealing with loved ones who are understandably frustrated, and every day he has to fight the depression that all those in his position are feeling. None of their reactions are normal for those serving in their medical fields, and none of it is familiar to them or what they want to be feeling. When you start advocating for medical workers to be believed at face value when they talk about what they're seeing, and given a reprieve when they reach the end of their ropes, then I'll believe that you're as concerned with their mental health as you are those who don't want to follow stay-home orders so the virus can be finally contained. The sooner *that* happens, the better off we'll *all* be.

Last edited:

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm younger than many people on TUG, but I still remember when my classmates in school had measles and were quarantined. Yes, the department of health would literally come and put a big bold sign on the door that said QUARANTINE. The person with measles and the family could not leave their house until the department of health gave the all-clear. The family would have food and other items delivered or brought over and left at the door by friends. Doesn't anyone else remember this?

No one thought less of that family that they were ill or had been exposed. I just remember feeling sorry for them that they were sick, and my parents and grandmother offering to help by bringing homework, food, medicine, and so on.

So a big sign that says QUARANTINE does not seem so terrible to me. Let's get this disease under control.

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score

And others are getting sick of hearing how their God given rights and freedoms includes endangering others. Or are all of the families of the 273000 dead just not that important.

Last edited:

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
And if you think I'm not seriously concerned about the mental health issues that co-exist with COVID-19, you obviously haven't read the posts where I talk about the mental health issues that the caregivers I know are suffering. All three nurses in my family are at the point where they're saying outright that they, "hate the public." My son the nursing home administrator is dealing daily with residents/staff becoming ill despite pleading with all employees/visitors and vendors to please follow all the precautions while at the same time he has the responsibility of dealing with loved ones who are understandably frustrated, and every day he has to fight the depression that all those in his position are feeling. None of their reactions are normal for those serving in their medical fields, and none of it is familiar to them or what they want to be feeling. When you start advocating for medical workers to be believed at face value when they talk about what they're seeing, and given a reprieve when they reach the end of their ropes, then I'll believe that you're as concerned with their mental health as you are those who don't want to follow stay-home orders so the virus can be finally contained. The sooner *that* happens, the better off we'll *all* be.

Well said.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
My aunt was diagnosed with tuberculosis in her twenties and was made to go to a sanitarium for three years a good 35 miles away at a time when the family didn’t have a car.
anyone else live through the polio epidemic. My other aunt caught that.
And last night I watched The Chicago 7 and the scene were they drew birthdays for the draft really brought back bad memories
So wearing a mask seems a really small price to pay

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
And all these posts going back and forth will change nothing but they continue. :)

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
And all these posts going back and forth will change nothing but they continue. :)

It'll be the saddest of days when all hope is abandoned. I'm not there yet.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
It'll be the saddest of days when all hope is abandoned. I'm not there yet.

Go back and read all the COVID threads, the posts from either side have changed nothing but we are all free to dream. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.