• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Finished this quilt. Only took 13 years.

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe SIP helped get it finished. We're not traveling like we might have been. I've been very busy gardening at home and at the church building. That's gotten under control so I turned my attention to hand work projects. Earlier this year I became determined to finish a quilt I began in 2007. I know it was 2007 because I have a photo from our stay at Ocean Pointe when I took the fabric and my sewing machine.

My DD was in college and I wanted to make her a flannel quilt to replace one that was well loved and rotting away. I know I made her another quilt that was backed with flannel. This quilt was ticking boxes for my love of a basket pattern and hand appliqué. With our youngest in college we were traveling more. Then we bought a condo in Chicago as a second home. Time sewing slowed and the partially made quilt was laid aside. While I made other quilts this one was in the perpetual "things to do" pile.

So here's the picture from OP when I began and earlier today when I was putting in the final stitches.
DSCN3099.JPG
IMG_0939D.jpg
IMG_0943D.jpg

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Congrats! I barely appreciate such things, but my DW says, "Beautiful Quilt!" Good for you!

Jim

stmartinfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Little Bay, St. Maarten
It’s beautifu! I can't imagine doing something so intricate.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Congrats on a beautiful job!

Richard

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Beautiful! That's a lot of work right there! I love quilts!

Pardytime

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, Wyndham
Your quilt is bound to become a family heirloom. It feels good to complete a long time UFO, doesn't it?

I have dragged a paper-pieced Hexie quilt-in-the-making to various timeshares for 10 years. I would really like to get that one finished. I will take inspiration from you. Thanks for posting.

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
What a great story and a beautiful quilt!

Your TUG name really is perfect. My sister-in-law is always working on a quilt or two, but I don't think she has ever brought her sewing machine on a beach vacation! That's some dedication! I love that photo of you working at your makeshift sewing table, overlooking the ocean. You're crazy! ;):LOL:

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Beautiful! I make quilts occasionally, but not as intricate as that.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
That's just beautiful! Congratuions!

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Beautiful job! Well done. The key is you finish the task.

nerodog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe SIP helped get it finished. We're not traveling like we might have been. I've been very busy gardening at home and at the church building. That's gotten under control so I turned my attention to hand work projects. Earlier this year I became determined to finish a quilt I began in 2007. I know it was 2007 because I have a photo from our stay at Ocean Pointe when I took the fabric and my sewing machine.

My DD was in college and I wanted to make her a flannel quilt to replace one that was well loved and rotting away. I know I made her another quilt that was backed with flannel. This quilt was ticking boxes for my love of a basket pattern and hand appliqué. With our youngest in college we were traveling more. Then we bought a condo in Chicago as a second home. Time sewing slowed and the partially made quilt was laid aside. While I made other quilts this one was in the perpetual "things to do" pile.

So here's the picture from OP when I began and earlier today when I was putting in the final stitches.View attachment 22578View attachment 22579View attachment 22580
I love the colors and pattern. It's so pretty. I have a friend who quilts glasses cases and handbags. I've been a lucky recipient and get so many comments.

Quilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Everyone has been so kind. Thank you for letting me share.

faith, if you look at the last page of the quarantine and pets thread you’ll see there’s no shortage of cat fur already on the quilt. Probably even dog fur since I had it at DD’s in April.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am not a quilter, but come from a long line of award-winning quilters. My quilts--most hand-quilted by my grandmother (at something like 15-19 stitches an inch)--are some of my most prized possessions.

I recognize the achievement here. Good for you!

geekette

Reaction score
What a great story and a beautiful quilt!

Your TUG name really is perfect. My sister-in-law is always working on a quilt or two, but I don't think she has ever brought her sewing machine on a beach vacation! That's some dedication! I love that photo of you working at your makeshift sewing table, overlooking the ocean. You're crazy! ;):LOL:
I don't quilt, but I do sew. In Feb, I took my sewing machine and cranked fleece jackets. It's great to have ocean backdrop. My progress was helped by cold rainy weather on the actual beach.

Quilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
And the top quality shirt from pic one seems to have made it well to pic 2.

Good job on All of these accomplishments!

Hahaha.....Same style neckline. I think that shirt may have recently made its way to Salvation Army. It was still in good shape but I was bored with it.

The checked pants, however, are still in the closet. I have to alter them because I’ve lost weight. They are a favorite.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
Good for you!! I'm impressed. Maybe you'll be my inspiration;)

I started a Bargello quilt in 1997. I cut all of the strips when I started it. Then because of it's size it became difficult for me to work on in my old house. Then life happened...got divorced...met someone...moved in together (now we're up to 2006) his house was bigger so after I settled in I started working on it again. Then I got two kittens with one who insisted on "helping me" by pulling all my pins. Not fun to find pins in the carpet by stepping on them. Then we sold that house, moved back into my too small house, with even more stuff. Built a new house with a room for me to spread out my sewing stuff(2014). I haven't quite gotten the Bargello out yet. It's there, but I haven't picked it back up. Now I am making masks like crazy. some day I'll start on it again... :ROFLMAO: BTW the "helper cat" still helps. Last night I was trying to cut mask material and he was in my face, on my workspace etc. Soooo helpful.